• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This game is gorgeous on the X. Haven't been this engrossed since Witcher 3 with an open world game's setting. Solid framerate too.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Most parkour happens in towns and villages

What Sir Guts said, but also - it's way, way improved over the system they had in place with Unity and Syndicate. Just hold X to go up, O to go down. No more "high profile" or "stealth" assigned to the triggers, or having to remember to switch between them. It feels a lot more natural.

That said, windows are still kind of a challenge, but nowhere near as bad as the last two games.

Thanks! It sucks it's confined to just towns and villages but what can you do in a desert. I haven't played Unity or Syndicate yet, figured I'll just jump back in with Origins. Heard a lot of good things so far, thanks again!

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Thanks! It sucks it's confined to just towns and villages but what can you do in a desert. I haven't played Unity or Syndicate yet, figured I'll just jump back in with Origins. Heard a lot of good things so far, thanks again!
Well, it's also worth noting that you can climb rock faces and the like in the game as well. Obviously it's not the same as free running in the city, but the vast majority of surfaces can be climbed.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's also worth noting that you can climb rock faces and the like in the game as well. Obviously it's not the same as free running in the city, but the vast majority of surfaces can be climbed.
Yup. Being able to climb nearly anything is nice (though it does make some of the brick walls around Alexandria that you can't climb kinda suspect). And it's still almost always to your benefit to get the high ground, whether you're in a town or stalking a fort or a cave full of bandits.

Either way, there's still plenty to climb and jump around on.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I thought things were wrapping up only to climb a hill and discover (late-game map spoilers)
This whole other city (Cyrene), my jaw hit the floor. This game is immense.

Anyone know if the screenshots you take on PC get saved somewhere?

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
The parkour is infinitely improved over past games... the motion is more fluid, fast and responsive than any AC before it. Also the placement of various elements and the way the city and villages are designed, it allows for some great long parkouring experiences.

What I am not very fond of is the loot system. It feels like there are 10 or so designs recycled, haent found many special items yet, though I am still fairly midway in the game.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ok so I thought things were wrapping up only to climb a hill and discover (late-game map spoilers)
This whole other city (Cyrene), my jaw hit the floor. This game is immense.

Anyone know if the screenshots you take on PC get saved somewhere?
In your documents folder there should be an Assassins Creed Origins folder, and they're in the photos subfolder of that.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Explored the NE swampland, the central isolated desert, and am currently going into the NW Green Mountain region. That path made for such a big variety of vistas, villages, and enemy camp designs. Also stumbled into a tomb from the top, climbing down a huge negative slope overhanging rock ceiling, and ended up going through it backwards to find the tablet and the *other thing*. That was by far the best exploration moment of the game so far, and I wish the whole map was set up to find areas in interesting ways like that. No map clues.

Though AC2 will likely always be the standout game for a number of reasons, this map will end up being my favorite of the series. A barrage of sights. There are some pretty big issues with the execution of the main narrative, but the core "climb everything/exploration/tourism" aspect of the series is at its best here.

Last edited:

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that really bothers me is the legacy outfits. The AC with most content has only two legacy outfits? No Edward Outfit from the black flag team? They didn't even say that more is coming. I hope to god they'll add them later and for free LOL. Would be seriously disgusting if they added them via Helix or heka chests..

Darg

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just got the platinum for this game and I clocked in at 63 hours. I did all the side missions and played on hard, however. Which is not required for the platinum.

Great game, looking forward to the DLC!

Oct 27, 2017
The parkour is infinitely improved over past games... the motion is more fluid, fast and responsive than any AC before it. Also the placement of various elements and the way the city and villages are designed, it allows for some great long parkouring experiences.

What I am not very fond of is the loot system. It feels like there are 10 or so designs recycled, haent found many special items yet, though I am still fairly midway in the game.
I think some of the more unique weapons and few outfits can only be earned by finishing certain quests and side quests.
Also, killing a phylake will always reward you with some really good yellows.
(I have only one left to kill, but he is few levels higher than me and is oneshoting me on sight. I am certainly going to enjoy kicking him where it hurts once I level up. Dat bastard!)

Oct 27, 2017
So, yeah... Don't have twitter or facebook and don't know where to post this... so I'll post it here.
I think I'm a little bit obsessed with this game, as you can tell :P Not the best ever, but it's mine. Hope some of you will like it ;)
My fan art:
geGmo.png

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
^
Nice. Been tempted to do a piece myself.

I got attacked by a horde of some kind of assassins last night. They weren't regular soldiers. I mean there was absolutely no way out of it. I fought hard and long but there were too many. I knew they were coming for me after that person I took out, but this felt like overkill.

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me the timing. Do you disconnect and talk ASAP? Then reconnect until the quest reappears?
Get the quest. Disconnect. Finish the quest and talk to Reda. Get reward. Go to network settings and connect. Wait till the option to talk to him again appears (30seconds or more). Disconnect. Talk to him and he'll give you another reward. Get the reward. Connect again....

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So what's the deal with those animal taming enemies? I only encountered them once during a mission where I had to steal a cart or whatever [super random to use these kinds of enemies for such a throwaway mission]. They had pet leopards or something. It was so bizarre.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get the quest. Disconnect. Finish the quest and talk to Reda. Get reward. Go to network settings and connect. Wait till the option to talk to him again appears (30seconds or more). Disconnect. Talk to him and he'll give you another reward. Get the reward. Connect again....
Thanks, I'll try tomorrow.

Also are you saying get the quest and disconnect or finish the quest and disconnect before talking?

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Fought my first Mumakil. It was level 40, I'm 37. Got it to about half health before it trampled Bayek into the dust.

It's honestly not a fight that I'm eager to retry. What's the best strategy, ranged combat and running away? I really wasn't feeling it.

Of course it probably doesn't help that I simply can't stop trying to dodge through attacks, like in Bloodborne. It's muscle memory, I just can't stop myself :-)

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
I died getting back to Reda and lost the quest lol.

Was getting back on the horse to go back and speak to Reda, got attacked by a lion from behind, I kill it with half energy gone then get ambushed buy some dudes passing by, one swipe and I'm down to 15% energy and then the others shoot arrows. I die at lvl 39 with all the Phylakes dead as well so don't know who attacked me. Damn. Rebooting the game still doesn't bring the daily quest back.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think ACO has spoiled me on action-adventure games. I tried Uncharted Lost Legacy yesterday (and Tuesday), but it feels decidedly a generation earlier than ACO in every way (apart from graphics): stealth, combat, climbing, traversal, scouting/marking, and even character development. To be fair, I wasn't a big fan of TW3, Horizon ZD, MGSV, or Uncharted 4, all of which outstayed their welcome and bored me by their halfway points, but playing LL a week after completing ACO makes the differences stark.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think ACO has spoiled me on action-adventure games. I tried Uncharted Lost Legacy yesterday (and Tuesday), but it feels decidedly a generation earlier than ACO in every way (apart from graphics): stealth, combat, climbing, traversal, scouting/marking, and even character development. To be fair, I wasn't a big fan of TW3, Horizon ZD, MGSV, or Uncharted 4, all of which outstayed their welcome and bored me by their halfway points, but playing LL a week after completing ACO makes the differences stark.
So true. I couldn't play Frozen Wilds for more than 5 mins. AC: O feels so good to play.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The Ezio Collection is on sale, but I'm afraid trying to play that after Origins would be like pulling teeth.

Nice artwork d9b

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
thats why i brought it before origins.

Only Revelations left to platinum

God I remember Revelations being garbage. So much shoe-horned nonsense. I liked AC1, loved AC2 and Brotherhood, and it went down-hill once I started Revelations. Besides those, I've played AC3, Black Flag, and Unity. Althought Black Flag was fun, I feel like Origins is the first time since Brotherhood that I've felt 'Man, this is a GREAT game'. Origins really is a return to form.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
God I remember Revelations being garbage. So much shoe-horned nonsense. I liked AC1, loved AC2 and Brotherhood, and it went down-hill once I started Revelations. Besides those, I've played AC3, Black Flag, and Unity. Althought Black Flag was fun, I feel like Origins is the first time since Brotherhood that I've felt 'Man, this is a GREAT game'. Origins really is a return to form.

That's how I feel. I really liked Black Flag, but never thought, "This is GotY material." Origins though... (I can't believe I'm saying this) I might put it above Horizon. I was playing Horizon last night and the traversal feels so blah now - someone said "out dated" and it shows. I keep putting it down and going back to Origins.

Try riding the mount in Horizon after Origins. Ubi nailed it.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I bought the Ezio Collection and I'm currently a few hours into AC2. Let's just say it hasn't aged as well as I remembered.

23826113_10215009132611690_8468454815058479737_o.jpg

23783580_10215009132571689_1051088524793368261_o.jpg

Still a great game though.

One thing that surprised me is how small Firenze feels after Origins. Mission objectives are a couple hundred meters away at most. It feels so cramped.

Tebitengri

Nov 7, 2017

I am in the same boat. Got wild hunt compelete edition and I am just not feeling it at all. The controls seems so junky the loot system is the worst i keep pressing X 5 times before picking up. Horse riding is junky and filled with bugs. Combat feels ok but nothin special. I am not sure why its getting praised so much. The graphics are passable as well.

Horizon has nice visuals but not having fun with the combat same for mgs5.

So I keep coming back to origins :) gameplay feels so fluid i keep just wondering around on the horse exploring areas.

Oct 27, 2017
That's how I feel. I really liked Black Flag, but never thought, "This is GotY material." Origins though... (I can't believe I'm saying this) I might put it above Horizon. I was playing Horizon last night and the traversal feels so blah now - someone said "out dated" and it shows. I keep putting it down and going back to Origins.

Try riding the mount in Horizon after Origins. Ubi nailed it.
The first time I summoned the camel in the game I saw the floating camel icon a good two seconds before seeing the actual camel. I thought at the time that the icon moving around looked so ridiculous, but after playing through the game and knowing how well it controls, it looks just fine.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just knocked out all the Arena battles and it really makes it show the combat in this game isn't good. It's serviceable against your regular goons (and being really quickly overleveled also hide the mediocrity of the combat). But champions, the elephant fights or these Arena bosses really show it shortcomings.

In fact the entire implementation of the arena battled is baffling. First play these three separate wave based rounds, causing you to repeatedly load and sit through painful slow animations and mindlessly slaughters these waves in about two minutes each. Get locked to certain weapon types, some of which I simply don't enjoy, in a game that is essentially all about choice. I get they don't want you to use your own overpowered weapons, but just let me choose (same reason I disliked certain story missions where the game decided things for you). Then defeat the bosses, that use cheap auto dodge/move back animations after certain amounts of damage. Your dodge is just a bit to small to move out of most attacks (essentially stun licking you) and the recovery is just a bit to long, so it is faster to just walk away instead of dodge. Most boss fights aren't even difficult but just a test of patience.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting the PC Deluxe version finally (not the Season Pass Edition). Looks soo much better than it did on my og PS4.

How do I access the Trials of the Gods? Are they available to everyone even without the Season Pass?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I bought the Ezio Collection and I'm currently a few hours into AC2. Let's just say it hasn't aged as well as I remembered.

23826113_10215009132611690_8468454815058479737_o.jpg

23783580_10215009132571689_1051088524793368261_o.jpg

Still a great game though.

One thing that surprised me is how small Firenze feels after Origins. Mission objectives are a couple hundred meters away at most. It feels so cramped.

Renaissance Italy remains my favourite setting of the series thus far, but the broken LOD system in the PC version of AssCreed 2 makes the game increasingly difficult to revisit. The issue was never fixed and, at this point, likely never will be.

I was hopeful when The Ezio Collection was announced, thinking Ubi would take the opportunity to patch the PC version and fix what I can only assume was the result of internal miscommunication. No such luck.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting the PC Deluxe version finally (not the Season Pass Edition). Looks soo much better than it did on my og PS4.

How do I access the Trials of the Gods? Are they available to everyone even without the Season Pass?
There's a quest in your quest log for them, but the recommended level for them is 40.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017

There's a quest in your quest log for them, but the recommended level for them is 40.

Also I believe you have to be beyond a certain point in the story before they become available. I wouldn't worry about it for now and just start with the next trial instead of the current one.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I am in the same boat. Got wild hunt compelete edition and I am just not feeling it at all. The controls seems so junky the loot system is the worst i keep pressing X 5 times before picking up. Horse riding is junky and filled with bugs. Combat feels ok but nothin special. I am not sure why its getting praised so much. The graphics are passable as well.

Horizon has nice visuals but not having fun with the combat same for mgs5.

So I keep coming back to origins :) gameplay feels so fluid i keep just wondering around on the horse exploring areas.
I agree Origins being a great game and all, but to say it would be higher quality then TW3 by having played only perhaps 1% of the game is a little too hastily imo. I too went back to Horizon, TW3, Zelda Botw etc. after Origins and i even think Origins feels the best to play out of the bunch, but the Witcher 3 is by far the better game overall.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the first boss last night and was incredibly confused.

1) I dropped down from the roof into him, but I don't have the hidden blade and that doesn't kill. It popped up some text that says to do something to confirm kill but before I can even read it, it's gone, his two guys are alerted, and he is getting up. As he is getting up I take a swing, which misses, then it goes to the cutscene and memory segment so I guess I magically killed him?
2) This shit says "1 year ago" and has all that stuff with the dude's kid dying, but didn't I JUST see that kid in present day? It was late last night so maybe I was too sleepy to follow the narrative correctly.
3) I got the orb thing and apparently used it to kill him for real because I showed the bloody orb to the dude, but it seemed like we were in a dream realm? This was nothing like the cutscene where he killed the first masked man.

Tebitengri

Nov 7, 2017
I agree Origins being a great game and all, but to say it would be higher quality then TW3 by having played only perhaps 1% of the game is a little too hastily imo. I too went back to Horizon, TW3, Zelda Botw etc. after Origins and i even think Origins feels the best to play out of the bunch, but the Witcher 3 is by far the better game overall.
In what way is witcher 3 a better game? Story? I think overall it doesnt have that polish of origins. I am possibly 15% into the game and its turning me off.