• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still plenty to do, but considering the Season Pass. How is ubis track record with DLC?

JohngPR

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
So is the extras we get now that come with the Gold Edition worth it? I'd mostly be getting it for the expansions but want to know if the rest of the stuff included is crap or not.

slobster

Oct 27, 2017
AmusingSmartCorydorascatfish-max-14mb.gif
Why is the horse leaving camel footprints? Or am I just seeing things?

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Was really planning on getting the Platinum trophy for this game, but going for all the '?' is such a pain in the ass ^^'

ExReey

Oct 27, 2017
Because of the current AC hype, I've just started AC Syndicate for the first time (bought it a while ago, but never found the time to play it...).

I've been playing for about 3 hours, and I'm already bored to death. Right now I have to 'conquer' boroughs by doing very boring, repetitive tasks like following someone, abduct someone, etc. It feels more like doing chores than having fun.
And the most obnoxious thing of all is that you have to watch out for those red enemies all the fucking time, so you just can't casually walk through the city to enjoy the scenery.

Argh!

Is Origins anything like that, or has it more meaningful gameplay elements?

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the point of the "Chariot Owner" skill in the Seer tree?
Are they just there for looks/fun or do Chariots have any advantage over regular mounts?

Oh, also just wanted to share a towel-jump image
010c0y0quiu4
(and some bonus ones): https://sta.sh/2oel6rzrhwm
(I've always sucked at taking photos/screenshots, but I'm having so much fun with it in AC:O - hope y'all don't think they're too terrible! :)

Had an amusing moment earlier where I was helping
the Old Fighter. I was surrounded by a big crowd, fighting my opponent with my bare hands. I decided to use my overpower attack. After a wrestling-esque jump-kick, this happened https://sta.sh/0wv8r1i8wx3 (I didn't intend to hit the members of the crowd!)

(Off topic - Can't get the embed function on the board to work. I press "Image" and type the URL (in this case sta.sh/*url*). The result is just white text with "I M G" (without the spaces), that I can't remove while editing. Also tried but that doesn't seem to work either. Oh well)
[IMG]https://sta.sh/010c0y0quiu4

Chariots are Fast AF

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Because of the current AC hype, I've just started AC Syndicate for the first time (bought it a while ago, but never found the time to play it...).

I've been playing for about 3 hours, and I'm already bored to death. Right now I have to 'conquer' boroughs by doing very boring, repetitive tasks like following someone, abduct someone, etc. It feels more like doing chores than having fun.
And the most obnoxious thing of all is that you have to watch out for those red enemies all the fucking time, so you just can't casually walk through the city to enjoy the scenery.

Argh!

Is Origins anything like that, or has it more meaningful gameplay elements?

I thought Syndicate was very repetitive and boring, but I love Origins. You don't have to conquer areas to progress.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Loving this game, but every once in a while a bug will show up that can be incredibly annoying.
Right now I'm on the "Blood in the Water" side-mission and after helping the NPC kill a few crocodiles, he's been walking for the last 5 minutes at a normal pace and repeating:

"Medjay! Come and sit with me!"

"Over here! I have a proposition"

"Medjay, I am talking to you!"

The voice is very weird and unique, and it's getting quite irritating since he repeats those 3 phrases like every 30 seconds. I try to speak pressing triangle and it just says "UNAVAILABLE".

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Took a video of the above:

I assume it's a bug so I'll be doing something else and try this later. Spent like 10 minutes following this idiot.

Oct 25, 2017
I see. Yeah, that seems to be the case. Oh well..

I mean it's metacritic. Everyone can make an account and review bomb anything they want.

It's not only metacritic though, you can also take a look at the reviews over the Steam page. Everything that is not a negative review got downvoted which results in barely a single positive review managed to be displayed there. This is a problem because the overall reviews itself is very positive with 80% positive ones. The hate for this game (from those who haven't played it) is just abnormal.

The game has been getting shit since its announcement for "black people in Egypt" with "WE WUZ" in its YouTube comments and it's steam page looking like a dumpster fire of racism

There is also the negative stigma this series has that's kinda exploded ever since Unity, and Ubisofts history with ports on PC aren't great

The game had a lot going against it, so this in unsurprising.

Also that fake user metacritic story that popped up probably got people to review bomb the game more because they think Ubisoft did it themselves

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The game has been getting shit since its announcement for "black people in Egypt" with "WE WUZ" in its YouTube comments and it's steam page looking like a dumpster fire of racism

There is also the negative stigma this series has that's kinda exploded ever since Unity, and Ubisofts history with ports on PC aren't great

The game has a lot going against it

People also seem to hte Ubisoft because of the same formula they've been using.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Is the game better looking than Unity?
I'd say that in the smaller details with interiors, Unity just about has the lead still. But in all other instances Origins takes the crown. It's got Unity's lighting but in real time. It's got better architectural details (Unity once promised to tessellate textures via a PC patch, like roof tiles, but never released it. Origins tessellates LOADS of textures), better character detail, better LOD, better flora, and all in a much larger world.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I'd say that in the smaller details with interiors, Unity just about has the lead still. But in all other instances Origins takes the crown. It's got Unity's lighting but in real time. It's got better architectural details (Unity once promised to tessellate textures via a PC patch, like roof tiles, but never released it. Origins tessellates LOADS of textures), better character detail, better LOD, better flora, and all in a much larger world.

Damn, that's impressive.

Unity was the only ACreed I played, and I remember having my breath taken away the first time you meet Elise.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Damn, that's impressive.

Unity was the only ACreed I played, and I remember having my breath taken away the first time you meet Elise.
Yeah I remember that feeling =D You'll get a similar one when you meet Aya in Origins! Though like Unity, you'll notice that not all the NPCs received that level of polish. That's something I'm hoping they work on next, though I fear we'll be waiting for the next gen before we see any big advancements in face tech.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is the extras we get now that come with the Gold Edition worth it? I'd mostly be getting it for the expansions but want to know if the rest of the stuff included is crap or not.

It has a poison weapon, which is nice at the beginning. But you'll either outlevel it very fast or you'll need to upgrade it at blacksmiths, which isn't cheap!. The outfit is cool, but a bit "RP" breaking.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It has a poison weapon, which is nice at the beginning. But you'll either outlevel it very fast or you'll need to upgrade it at blacksmiths, which isn't cheap!. The outfit is cool, but a bit "RP" breaking.
Actually, I am max level, and upgrading it with your level will give you a very strong weapon. Among all the legendary swords I have, it's still the one with the highest DPS ranking.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Still plenty to do, but considering the Season Pass. How is ubis track record with DLC?
Depends entirely on the budget of the DLC. Freedom Cry was really good, they've implied these will be the biggest expansions yet as they introduce new regions, mechanics, and raise the level cap. Ashraf also really loves cats.

oq5s9nch7zvz.png

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Question about the loot in this game .

Should I be assuming a purple is automatically better to go with even if a blue has a better grade and slightly higher damage ? What does the weapon grade represent anyway , should I purely be looking at dmg number stats

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Can't get over how much I'm enjoying this. There are flaws, to be sure, but I am getting so much out of just existing in and engaging with this world. Each new region has its own feel and identity. Every side mission, though not brilliant, are fun and unique little self contained stories. Wildlife feels dynamic and can lead to unexpected encounters, some of which don't even directly involve you.

So much here that appeals to me and what I'm looking for right now. Such a great surprise.

Oct 25, 2017
I got a legendary predator bow with fire arrows. Holy god it is amazing, get yourself one of these stat. Being able to set anything on fire from anywhere is incredible.

Question about the loot in this game .

Should I be assuming a purple is automatically better to go with even if a blue has a better grade and slightly higher damage ? What does the weapon grade represent anyway , should I purely be looking at dmg number stats

Look at damage and bonuses. Blues have one bonus stat, purples have two and legendaries have two plus a unique special ability. The quality rating will almost always mean it does more damage. Once you get the hang of the combat you'll figure out which bonuses you like and you'll keep an eye out for those. If you find a weapon with bonuses you really like, you can just upgrade it and use it for the rest of the game.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Depends entirely on the budget of the DLC. Freedom Cry was really good, they've implied these will be the biggest expansions yet as they introduce new regions, mechanics, and raise the level cap. Ashraf also really loves cats.

oq5s9nch7zvz.png

That's incredible. I wander if there are any other animals in the game which have a similar message.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It does, just save up a lot of money so you have number of chances, I probably have 60k before I saved scummed.

im assuming its pc?
tried on ps4 and it saved instantly
theres probably a way with cloud save i guess.

im gonna stop spending money now.
save up a couple thousand so that i get 20+ tried at least.

Fake edit: theres also usb saves

*UBISOFT PLS FIX PHOTO MODE FOR HDR!!*
FFXV managed to do it with their ingame captures you can too.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I gave into the hype and just bought Origins since I needed something to play and maybe hold me over until Battlefront II. I'm only about 3 hours in but I have to complain right away about the combat. It is absolute DOG SHIT. Like, damn anyone thinking it might be anywhere close to Dark Souls was fooling themselves, shit, it's not even as good as BoTW's combat. And, BoTW's combat is basic as all hell. To put it simply, Byaak controls like an ass. He's not very responsive to your inputs and executes moves in a pretty stiff and janky manner. But, the lock on system is the most egregious piece of crap ever. At a very basic level you expect your character to always face the opponent they are locked on to. But, nope, Bayaak is so above this very basic feature that when you lock on to someone and choose to back away, Bayaak will literally turn around and start moving in the opposite direction leaving his back exposed to the enemy. Great job. Oh, and of course, the lock on system doesn't change targets based on proximity but decides to just switch to whatever it feels like.

Furthermore, basic abilities are locked away from the start that you have to unlock like parry and the charged heavy attack. Dodging is inconsistent, rather than giving us either a roll or a quick dodge, Byaak has some weird dodge combo in which he does both, neither of which are particularly great. And, worst of all, combat is entirely loot/skill based. Want to take on some dudes two levels above you? Well, fuck you, not gonna happen with your weak ass equipment. You can stab them all day long, but they'll hit you one time with a bow and you're dead.

Honestly, I never understood why people praised Soulsborne combat so much and hated on all other game combat that used swords and whatnot, like The Witcher 3. But, after finally getting into Soulsborne I understand why. I still maintain that TW3's combat is "serviceable" but Origins is much worse. It attempts the "complexity" and nuance of Souls combat without mastering any of the fundamentals. I'm hoping that the combat won't bore me out too much as I continue to play, but I can see now that combat is likely going to be that one thing I wish to quickly burn through to get to the more interesting stuff.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the game better looking than Unity?

It depends how you look at it. Purely speaking about tech I'm sure it's better as it's ~3 years after Unity, but I still think Unity is more impressive. Paris being as big as it was, with as many people on screen as it had, with as many interiors (insanely detailed ones at that) as it had and with that lighting system still impresses me to this day. Origins has a larger world but much more spread out and the few cities in the game do not come close to Paris, although some of that is on purpose as this is 1800 years before Unity.

I think it comes down more to personal taste. Some people like sprawling landscapes, I tend to prefer huge detailed cities.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed AC S... Edit : I still think unity lighting is undefeated for an open world , especially indoors, like God damn it looked so good.

Last edited:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Season Pass content not shareable on multiple profiles on the same console?
The pass was redeemed on my wife's profile and shows as installed, but when I started playing this morning it didn't show in game that I own any of the extras. This is on Xbox if it matters.

Zeus The Dino

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I gave into the hype and just bought Origins since I needed something to play and maybe hold me over until Battlefront II. I'm only about 3 hours in but I have to complain right away about the combat. It is absolute DOG SHIT. Like, damn anyone thinking it might be anywhere close to Dark Souls was fooling themselves, shit, it's not even as good as BoTW's combat. And, BoTW's combat is basic as all hell. To put it simply, Byaak controls like an ass. He's not very responsive to your inputs and executes moves in a pretty stiff and janky manner. But, the lock on system is the most egregious piece of crap ever. At a very basic level you expect your character to always face the opponent they are locked on to. But, nope, Bayaak is so above this very basic feature that when you lock on to someone and choose to back away, Bayaak will literally turn around and start moving in the opposite direction leaving his back exposed to the enemy. Great job. Oh, and of course, the lock on system doesn't change targets based on proximity but decides to just switch to whatever it feels like.

Furthermore, basic abilities are locked away from the start that you have to unlock like parry and the charged heavy attack. Dodging is inconsistent, rather than giving us either a roll or a quick dodge, Byaak has some weird dodge combo in which he does both, neither of which are particularly great. And, worst of all, combat is entirely loot/skill based. Want to take on some dudes two levels above you? Well, fuck you, not gonna happen with your weak ass equipment. You can stab them all day long, but they'll hit you one time with a bow and you're dead.

Honestly, I never understood why people praised Soulsborne combat so much and hated on all other game combat that used swords and whatnot, like The Witcher 3. But, after finally getting into Soulsborne I understand why. I still maintain that TW3's combat is "serviceable" but Origins is much worse. It attempts the "complexity" and nuance of Souls combat without mastering any of the fundamentals. I'm hoping that the combat won't bore me out too much as I continue to play, but I can see now that combat is likely going to be that one thing I wish to quickly burn through to get to the more interesting stuff.
Yeah im not a fan of combat, especially when you have multiple enemies attacking you and your trying to lock on to them

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Give it more time. They make it a little too difficult in the beginning for no good reason. Once you've leveled up more and unlocked some skills and found a couple weapons you like you'll find the right pace and love it.

Except, that's the problem which means I doubt I'll love it. Combat is purely based on level and loot, there is no skill involved. Plus, none of that alleviates the control problems. I expect I'll grow to tolerate it, but I doubt I'll ever find this combat fun.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got a some really cool swords from the camel caravan "blue missions".

One of them has Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Rate.What are these though?What does Critical Hit mean?

Also are they worth upgrading with money or should i just wait and get more powerful weapons later?I am level 16 right now

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving the poison dart. Infect one guy and he's all confused as is every one else and then he just drops dead. Also enjoying giving a corpse flesh decay and then dropping him from the top of a building to the soldiers below. While they all gather around, toss a firebomb and set them all on fire.

I still have
the crocodile
left to kill. How far along am I? I notice all the empty space in that menu and wonder if more
targets
are going to pop up.

Last edited:

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dude He's only stated his opinion.

First of all, what makes you think I'm a 'dude'?

Secondly, you don't have to inform me that a person who posted something was 'just stating an opinion'. That's a given. This is a gaming forum and you're supposed to state your opinions about games.

But opinions aren't sacred. At forums, opinions will be attacked - that's what forums are chiefly about. Unfortunately, there are some people who believe that opinions ARE sacred, and will lash out at anyone who challenges them.

Yes, you're right... the person I was debating (or trying to debate) was 'just stating an opinion'. And I thought that opinion sucked, and said so.

What he wrote WAS debatable. He wants 'unlimited arrows', and he doesn't want to have to aim his bow - this is exactly what he wrote. I'm sorry, but the archery in Origins is the best of any Assassin's Creed game ever. This is a step in the right direction. Having 'unlimited' arrows, and bows that never miss is a silly idea.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I still have
the crocodile
left to kill. How far along am I? I notice all the empty space in that menu and wonder if more
targets
are going to pop up.

You are pretty far, some more targets will pop up, but these work differently than the previous ones, as they are more linear in terms of story than the previous ones, but you will still go to many different places as part of hunting these. You'll conclude the story around level 35 to give you a timeframe for how much is still left.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Oh God, the Apis Stone Circle is pure cringe.
I'll just say it starts with Bayek's son asking him "Poppa, what is best in life? My friend Kenan says..."

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Patch 1.04 already got branch on Steam so the are probably testing it. That means we can expect it soon.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Opinions should not be attacked when it comes to discussions on a internet forum with a complete stranger.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's probably too big honestly, 55 hours here and still have 10 zones to defog and a couple that I have uncovered still have a ton of content in them.

The realist in me says not to expect anything out of most of the southern desert areas which would honestly be ok with me. I'm very exhausted with the game and I hit the level cap a while ago anyway so there's not much reason to keep doing things outside of that absurd trophy for "completing" every ? on the map.

Some of the southern regions have little content, hell some of them don't even have any.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
No idea what they're working on in the upcoming patches, but I'd love the following:
1. Being able to individually turn off HUD elements
2. A shortcut button to toggle HUD on/off
3. Manual save.