• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Wait, what resolution does the Series X run on? If it is the same why are people in this thread actively downplaying ps5 and joke posts of unstable clocks. Wtf happend?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well the PS5 had a good run.

fe5.gif

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Isn't this how it runs on current gen... Targets a specific resolution natively, and if it falls from that resolution the game will reconstruct it back to the target resolution. I'm pretty sure that's how it works on Xbox one X

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Ubisoft's main direction should be a stable engine that runs the game smoothly at 60fps.

The list of people who will be able to tell without it being pointed out to them:

A very short list.
Like someone else said previously very eloquently, we are about to hit an all new direction of wars from each side. On one side will be those with magnifying glasses, the other side will be using stopwatches.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, how can I enjoy a game if the version I play is not equivalent or better than the version of other people?

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
warriors hold your ground until df video, lol.
would be suprised in a good way if it can hold native 4k60 at xsx though, not expecting it.

Nov 1, 2017
60 FPS is all that really matters. I bet you could put the XSX and PS5 versions of Valhalla side by side and 99% of people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Faking it is always better than making it in computing (and probably other areas too).
Agreed, why im so excited for ML/DLSS techniques, these games are going to look insane with the savings they'll allow (i assume RT res can be artificially reconstructed too?).

mrqs

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a blood bath. Doesn't matter who comes with the better hardware, people are going to explode.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Good think I won't notice the difference with my eyes ;) (aside from the upcoming video at DF which will show the differences)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Big ass console, weaker, at the same price point as the competitor.

Based Cerny is no more

Regardless, I'll only have the PS5 for the foreseeable future because, y'know... Demon Souls
Sony and Microsoft are doing different things with their hardware, and they're seemingly very similar in power. Both have their benefits and cons. Both hardware designs are approaching cooling differently and seem to be taking it very similarly.
Where's the haha? We've had rumors for sometime that games are struggling at 4K on the PS5. Shit's disappointing 🤷‍♀️
A single game having dev trouble from a third party is making you think most other games will have trouble on PS5?

What?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
For 60 FPS, dynamic resolution is normal. Series X will be like that too.
After that, people will fight because one will have a lower lowest resolution.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
We already have the best looking game on Xbox One running at 4k 120 FPS (Multi) with lower input latency + enhanced visuals on Series X. Why is anyone surprised at more games hitting native/dynamic on Series X.

Like I said in my 2019 review, Gears 5 offers a smorgasbord of modes, and many of them max out at 60fps on Series X. But the versus matchmaking suite can go all the way to the system's 120fps maximum all while running at 4K resolution. I immediately booted my PC version of the game and created dummy lobbies in order to create like-for-like comparisons to show you how a $500 console's 120fps mode compares to the same thing on a $1,500+ PC.

If you're struggling to notice any differences, you're not alone. What's crazier is, these crisp, detailed images full of handsome touches are appearing in isolation, as opposed to the dazzlingly smooth flipbook effect of running, somersaulting, and shotgunning at 120fps. Yet Xbox Series X doesn't sweat in rendering these frames at a blistering 8.33 millisecond threshold with barely any noticeable lurches in my hours of testing (and, again, with zero noticeable noise spewing out of the console at peak load). There's no getting around it: Series X is a fundamental game-changer in terms of console power, and Gears 5's buttery smooth 120fps toggle has me instantly excited at the prospect of other console-game developers following suit.

arstechnica.com

Xbox Series X unleashed: Our unrestricted preview

In good news, we finally have a stunning 120fps game. But not much else, games-wise.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I expect plenty of checkboard rendering and dynamic resolution scaling this gen. Given the level of fidelity we've already reached this gen, I don't think I'll care one bit as long as the frame rate is solid.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Last gen: Parity

This gen: No parity

It's a shame but the 60fps is what matters to me. I'm sure the game will look great on both systems

Has it been confirmed how it will run on the S? 1080 at 60fps?

I assume PS4/XB1 will be 1080 30fps

Last gen didnt have parity, Xbox One X games typically ran at higher resolutions over PS4 Pro. It will likely be the same this gen with Series X and PS5.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Until we have official confirmation from a better source on the Valhalla resolutions on BOTH consoles, there's not really much to discuss here. As such, this thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.