basefree

Jan 24, 2018
Not sure if anyone has discussed this or not, but I bought the PS4 version and it came with pre-order DLC. If I redeem that on PS4 will it also carry over to PS5? So confused.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Locked the game to 60 with RTSS and most of the stutters are gone now on my PC. It is actually pretty smooth and enjoyable now for 99% of the time.

Gameplay wise there is a lot of stuff that I didn't see coming, they are trying to keep gameplay and side collectibles entertaining.
For the story: It's a descend Vikings saga, so far. No complains in that regard. (5hours in)

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know England had so many snakes. Was it you guys who originally shipped them to Australia together with the prisoners?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Anyone knows what to do in the sidequest where one npc talks about a magician? I have no idea what to do here.

This new side mission system is often a bit too vague for my taste....

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to grab this on series x over pc. Pretty amazed and how great it looks, and seems to be a pretty solid 60fps lock at 4k.

I am noticing some screen tearing though. Anyone else?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of thoughts and am indeed going to be writing a review eventually but I just wanted to swing by to say the following:

I feel like you can really tell this is the first game to come out post Ubisoft's realisation that all their games being near identical formulas was a detriment. This game is obviously very much still an Assassin's Creed game, but it also feels super different to any other game in the franchise, including Origins/Odyssey (imho of course).

It's almost just vibes more than anything. Really enjoying it so far.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of thoughts and am indeed going to be writing a review eventually but I just wanted to swing by to say the following:

I feel like you can really tell this is the first game to come out post Ubisoft's realisation that all their games being near identical formulas was a detriment. This game is obviously very much still an Assassin's Creed game, but it also feels super different to any other game in the franchise, including Origins/Odyssey (imho of course).

Totally agree. Looking forward to your review!
Anyone knows what to do in the sidequest where one npc talks about a magician? I have no idea what to do here.

All the quest I've done so far have clues or objects near the quest. The quest giver also frequently lead you to the right area.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

The road the NPC talks about is a bit hard to follow. Use your raven, there is just a single house in the Area/woods - thats where you need to go.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway to disable the markers that appear above some npc on the settlements? The blue thing above them. Don't find that option on the menu.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm digging it so far. I wish the rewards for the mysteries or world stories were a little more interesting, though. I hate getting one ingot or a skill point for a big quest.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah I agree, it's a huge change from Odyssey in terms of pace, flow, and atmosphere. Really does stand on its own, I'm impressed much more than I thought I would be

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Agree with this. It's easily the worst part of the game thus far. Terrible audio all around. It all sounds compressed to hell or just extremely low quality.
Agree with this, and the dynamic range is really off. Volume of sounds drops off dramatically at small distances lol.

The primary attack/hit sounds are really crappy and low quality too. They sound PS2 era. Not sure why the audio is bad considering Odyssey had fantastic audio.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Can someone explain how raids work?

So I've raided a place and killed a load of people and then nothing happens? Shouldn't I get some XP or at least an acknowledgment that I've completed that area?

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I've got a stupid question, how can i see my resources? Thinking of upgrading my axe, but i don't want to do that if i have few resources to spare.

Edit: Just saw it, it's on the side of the inventory screen. Don't know how i missed it...

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain how raids work?

So I've raided a place and killed a load of people and then nothing happens? Shouldn't I get some XP or at least an acknowledgment that I've completed that area?

The goal is to find the treasure.

I could be wrong, but I want to remember that after getting 2/3 or something like that there is a raid complete message 🤔

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

This one had me lost so I had to look it up because I couldn't follow the guy. It's a bit (200m or so) east-by-southeast of the quest marker in the wooded area, there's a gate/fence and a hut behind it where the guy he's talking about is outside.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
The goal is to find the treasure.

I could be wrong, but I want to remember that after getting 2/3 or something like that there is a raid complete message 🤔
I think you might only get that message after unlocking your settlement. It becomes very clear after you arrive in England. I remember having the same issue when raiding at the beginning in norway.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Does the combat improve later on? I'm sort of into the story and location of this game but the early impressions of fighting were terrible.

Not expecting DMC or anything like that but something with a little bit more brains than those early raids indicate. The boss fights I've done have been really terrible as well.

Maybe I should just spec for stealth instead

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Does the combat improve later on? I'm sort of into the story and location of this game but the early impressions of fighting were terrible.

Not expecting DMC or anything like that but something with a little bit more brains than those early raids indicate. The boss fights I've done have been really terrible as well.

Maybe I should just spec for stealth instead
Apparently it gets better when you unlock more abilities. Problem is, many cool abilities are inside treasure chests.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Any word on how the game save will carry over from PS4 to PS5?
Should be their new Ubisoft Connect Cloud save system with carry over the saves. Carries them over cross-platform too. I started on Xbox X. Carried the save over to PC then carried that save over to Xbox Series X.

Not sure if anyone has discussed this or not, but I bought the PS4 version and it came with pre-order DLC. If I redeem that on PS4 will it also carry over to PS5? So confused.

Everything should carry over. All the Ultimate edition content carried over. Again, even across different platforms.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
The world events are so, so lame. Why the hell they removed the multi layered questlines from Odyssey, they were the best part of the experience! They have streamlined the clutter, which is appreciated, but I enjoyed my adventure more when the reward for exploring new areas was a sprawling questline with a narrative with multiple characters that often tied to the main plot through the cult of Kosmos, and not these lame ass mini-quests. Even when they try to be funny and off the wall they fail due to their minuscule scale. Everything needs to be close by, and everything needs to be resolved quickly, so nothing registers as more than a small distraction.

I'm enjoying the game, but Odyssey was so much better for me, and this sorry excuse for sidequests are almost the sole culpable.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Just for clarification, every option in the sensibility settings should be set to "On" to have them activated right? The wording in the German version is a bit weird.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
Found this, in case it gives peace of mind to put the DLC.

"Any additional digital content unlocked on the current-gen version of the game will be transferred to the next-gen version, including Season Passes, pre-order offers, and UBISOFT CLUB rewards."

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Can't find the Fkn key to that chest or figure out how to complete the mission lol

Break everything in their house until they ask you to set it on fire. Then go do something else so their stuff respawn, then pull out out your torch, and break everything else again, it should set the things on fire. Then they'll thank you and give you the key to the chest.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah, I'm not really feeling this. The combat feels a lot worse than Odyssey and the progression system just isn't all that interesting to me. The game looks great but I haven't even gotten to England yet and I already feel bored as hell with it.

Instead of drudging along any more I think this is gonna be the first trade-in of the generation for me. Shame, because if I had liked it then it would have made for a great Series X launch game.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
The world events are so, so lame. Why the hell they removed the multi layered questlines from Odyssey, they were the best part of the experience! They have streamlined the clutter, which is appreciated, but I enjoyed my adventure more when the reward for exploring new areas was a sprawling questline with a narrative with multiple characters that often tied to the main plot through the cult of Kosmos, and not these lame ass mini-quests. Even when they try to be funny and off the wall they fail due to their minuscule scale. Everything needs to be close by, and everything needs to be resolved quickly, so nothing registers as more than a small distraction.

I'm enjoying the game, but Odyssey was so much better for me, and this sorry excuse for sidequests are almost the sole culpable.
I feel the opposite on this. The quest in Odyssey were very samey imo and were often not worth the time they took. In Valhalla the quests are quickly resolved and so far are quite varied, and if you don't want to do them you can just walk away without it cluttering up your quest log. I've been exploring a lot more in Valhalla because of this. The question marks in Odyssey were usually very underwhelming for me.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else E3 Presentation Style™ slow walking across land, taking in the beautiful countryside? It is not the prettiest game in terms of sheer graphical fidelity but walking around, listening to Sarah and Jesper's fantastic soundtrack feels amazing.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Break everything in their house until they ask you to set it on fire. Then go do something else so their stuff respawn, then pull out out your torch, and break everything else again, it should set the things on fire. Then they'll thank you and give you the key to the chest.
I just broke all their stuff. Shot out the panels at the top of the front of their house, and then ran outside and shot fire arrows into their home.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else E3 Presentation Style™ slow walking across land, taking in the beautiful countryside? It is not the prettiest game in terms of sheer graphical fidelity but walking around, listening to Sarah and Jesper's fantastic soundtrack feels amazing.
Yeah I did a bit of this once I got into the snowy moutaintops. The game actually looks really great at times.

I'm not in love with the combat yet or the story, but I do like the overall ambiance and feel of the setting.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I feel the opposite on this. The quest in Odyssey were very samey imo and were often not worth the time they took. In Valhalla the quests are quickly resolved and so far are quite varied, and if you don't want to do them you can just walk away without it cluttering up your quest log. I've been exploring a lot more in Valhalla because of this. The question marks in Odyssey were usually very underwhelming for me.

I agree with this.
So far this feels like the best AC game in many years, and I quite liked both Oranges and Odyssey.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to tag enemies (like before) with your raven? Been playing for an hour or so and hadn't seen an option to do that

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I like the game, but as a fan of Odyssey it seems like they pulled back just a bit too much from that design for me. They really need to get one team at the top deciding the overall design for the franchise and stick with that vision, whichever it may be, instead of this back and forth depending on which group are developing that year.

I am really missing some of the "magic" abilities from Odyssey like Vanish and making corpses disappear. No raven scanning sucks too. I know some people were tired of it; I'd just like it as an option.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I like the game, but as a fan of Odyssey it seems like they pulled back just a bit too much from that design for me. They really need to get one team at the top deciding the overall design for the franchise and stick with that vision, whichever it may be, instead of this back and forth depending on which group are developing that year.

I am really missing some of the "magic" abilities from Odyssey like Vanish and making corpses disappear. No raven scanning sucks too. I know some people were tired of it; I'd just like it as an option.
I think it's better this way since the games get old faster when they are too similar. And for a series that's releases every year or two it's more important to switch it up.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So far I'm really enjoying the game but it's definitely in a rough state. Dialogue scenes stutter all over the place, HDR isn't working properly and to pass some entrances you have to lock your framerate to 60 fps.