• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys idk how Hippos are dangerous. Sure they're as big as a truck, have huge sharp teeth, and are hyper aggressive. I've looked at pictures of them though and they look pretty chubby so I don't get it

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just don't cry crocodile tears when one of those beauties takes a bite.

There I think one video of two crocodiles playing with each other when suddenly one of them lose an arm because the grip of their "friend" jaw was that strong.

If they can do that on accident imagine when they want to hunt something.
That sounds both terrifying and tragic.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind they also are extremely well armored. Those aren't just keratin scales like a snake, those are osteoderms, literally a bony exoskeleton.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Well in the land it can't drown me. My big plan really hinged on them not being 20mph animals though.

I mean if you see a gator on land you'll be fine if you don't get close to it. They can run that fast but only in spurts. Anywhere around or near water though you'd be in serious trouble if it becomes interested in you.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
i would simply cast a charm spell on it, thus harnessing this powerful beast to fight the lower leveled encounters until i can flee from battle or dispatch it with a well buffed attack

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The dude claiming it could take a hippo will never be not insanely funny to me.
Yeah, I love some of those. 8% of Americans think they can take an elephant. Elephants weigh 6 tons. What do they think they're going to do barehanded that will phase an elephant. The Rock could hit an elephant as hard as he possibly could and he's not phasing it.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is this your Thanos plan to drop the population? I mean, it would work! 😂
I said minimal guidance. You'll have experts surrounding you; they just won't interfere unless it's a true emergency. I don't want people to die, just to be reminded of their place. xDD

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Well in the land it can't drown me. My big plan really hinged on them not being 20mph animals though.

Give it a wide berth, you'd be aight.

But relying on losing a limb and hoping adrenaline will help you escape? Yeah, adrenaline can only do so much when you're losing all the blood that adrenaline needs to circulate your body for the super human feat you're hoping for.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I just have to say, while I assume that the OP was being at least someone facetious and just wanted to make a fun topic, the idea of someone thinking they could just shrug off being eaten by a crocodile is absolutely killing me. Which is kind of ironic, considering that is also what would happen if I was eaten by a crocodile

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Depends on what they bite no? If it gets my leg or something it'd hurt like hell but not kill me. If it gets my neck or something sure but I meant more so a limb.
Okay let's put it this way.

If they bite your leg and don't let go, you are fucked and will die, probably in a place no one will ever find your remains.

If they bite you and take your leg off, you might survive if there is a hospital next door and an EMT team with everything they might possibly need, and a blood donor willing to give up a lot of blood, assuming the animal has simply run off with your leg and not stayed to kill you.

If they bite your leg and don't take it off, you still probably die from blood loss.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
People underestimating how dangerous animals can be is never not funny.
www.fox13now.com

Poll shows which animals Americans think they could beat in a fight

Most Americans think they could easily defeat a goose in a fight, but the odds are much lower when facing an elephant or lion.

These always amuse me. I wonder, if we polled this forum, how they would vote against these same animals.

RAT - 72%
HOUSE CAT - 69%
GOOSE - 71%
MEDIUM-SIZED DOG - 49%
EAGLE - 30%
LARGE DOG - 23%
CHIMPANZEE - 17%
KING COBRA - 15%
KANGAROO - 14%
WOLF - 12%
CROCODILE - 9%
GORILLA - 8%
ELEPHANT - 8%
LION - 8%
GRIZZLY BEAR - 6%

Dec 3, 2022
Maybe the OP is this bird

9vak5ng8s5k61.jpg

There was a video we saw in an Animal Life Drawing class that I've never been able to track down, but wish I could, of an alligator launching itself out of the water, a number of feet, in order to snatch a bird on a wire or a branch. It was that quick.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Growing up reading Peter Pan taught me they are not to be trifled with.

My mental image of a gator is at least 8 feet long or large enough to swallow me whole.

They're pretty stealthy and fast both on land and water and will target anything that comes near.

Huge powerful jaws that will probably crunch your bones in one bite then drag you down.

And of course their special move - Death Roll that makes sure your not leaving in one piece.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
www.fox13now.com

Most Americans think they could easily defeat a goose in a fight, but the odds are much lower when facing an elephant or lion.

These always amuse me. I wonder, if we polled this forum, how they would vote against these same animals.

RAT - 72%
HOUSE CAT - 69%
GOOSE - 71%
MEDIUM-SIZED DOG - 49%
EAGLE - 30%
LARGE DOG - 23%
CHIMPANZEE - 17%
KING COBRA - 15%
KANGAROO - 14%
WOLF - 12%
CROCODILE - 9%
GORILLA - 8%
ELEPHANT - 8%
LION - 8%
GRIZZLY BEAR - 6%
Ok, but why do 28% think they can't beat a rat?

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
This is the thread I needed tonight, so thank you for that.

Today, OP has learned about blood loss and what results from it.

The Quentulated Mox

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 10, 2022
www.fox13now.com

RAT - 72%
HOUSE CAT - 69%
GOOSE - 71%
MEDIUM-SIZED DOG - 49%
EAGLE - 30%
LARGE DOG - 23%
CHIMPANZEE - 17%
KING COBRA - 15%
KANGAROO - 14%
WOLF - 12%
CROCODILE - 9%
GORILLA - 8%
ELEPHANT - 8%
LION - 8%
GRIZZLY BEAR - 6%
i think there was a thread about this a few months back, but obviously the votes were skewed by people trying to be funny (i did too, but i actually succeeded in being funny)

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
www.fox13now.com

RAT - 72%
HOUSE CAT - 69%
GOOSE - 71%
MEDIUM-SIZED DOG - 49%
EAGLE - 30%
LARGE DOG - 23%
CHIMPANZEE - 17%
KING COBRA - 15%
KANGAROO - 14%
WOLF - 12%
CROCODILE - 9%
GORILLA - 8%
ELEPHANT - 8%
LION - 8%
GRIZZLY BEAR - 6%
We done polled. People here think they can chuck norris their way through a cheetah.

www.resetera.com

Would you rather fight a cheetah, a wolf, or a chimpanzee?

Fight's in a steel cage and lasts for two minutes. You can either try to just protect yourself(ya neck!) or try to fight back. No weapons. All three of the animals weighs in at 60kg/132lbs. Pick your opponent!

www.resetera.com

What's the biggest animal that you could beat in a fight?

Predators only. No tools. Edit: A prime specimen. Not a animal of that kind, ANY animal of that kind. I could beat a cheetah. They weigh less than me and are skinny as fuck. Even if it was biting me i would break all their rips with punches. Also you cant convince me otherwise.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, look up successful crocodile attacks on Youtube. Oh wait, you can't, because severe gore and death is most likely against the policy.

Depends on what they bite no? If it gets my leg or something it'd hurt like hell but not kill me. If it gets my neck or something sure but I meant more so a limb.

Life is not a turn based RPG. You don't take 5 HP damage and then you can click Flee.

Crocodile uses YOU FUCKING DIE. It's super effective!

Nov 2, 2017
We done polled. People here think they can chuck norris their way through a cheetah.

www.resetera.com

Would you rather fight a cheetah, a wolf, or a chimpanzee?

Fight's in a steel cage and lasts for two minutes. You can either try to just protect yourself(ya neck!) or try to fight back. No weapons. All three of the animals weighs in at 60kg/132lbs. Pick your opponent!

www.resetera.com

What's the biggest animal that you could beat in a fight?

Predators only. No tools. Edit: A prime specimen. Not a animal of that kind, ANY animal of that kind. I could beat a cheetah. They weigh less than me and are skinny as fuck. Even if it was biting me i would break all their rips with punches. Also you cant convince me otherwise.

Cheetahs aren't especially good at anything but running. They don't even have claws. They're the one big cat an adult human has a chance against.