• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah I know about that.. but that specific part of your comment about "how it is a walking sim in the first 30 minutes" has what kind of connection to the game being bad? That part was like "better watch out guys, the first half an hour of this game is a walking sim" and I just don't understand why.. should I now warn everyone who wants to try Half-Life or Metro for the first time for them being bad because in the first moments all these games are "walking sims" ? Like why is that part of your comment even in there and why are you trying to sound games that take their time and want to at first immerse the player in their worlds bad and such?

Wasn't my comment. If someone from inside posts that as a comment, then I would take that as a possible indication that it is not as much of an immersive sim as I hoped/hope. God knows we need all the immersive sims we can get.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this game is real…it's too good to be true…but if it is? Could be very, very good.

apanasik

Nov 5, 2022
Cyprus
I doubt it's an open world game anymore like shown here, going by apanasik's report:

View: https://youtu.be/42wReUffJZ8&t=14m44s

Previously, on locations, the level design was arranged so that the player could go through a particular segment in different ways, choosing between several alternative paths. And then all this was cut, and the variety now, in fact, comes down only to the choice of weapons and abiloks.
In the open world, dungeons were planned, not mandatory and unique in terms of lore/rewards. But when they decided to cut the content, the dungeons were the first to go under the knife. It is possible that none of these locations will see the light of day.​

They have changed game conception several times. AFAIK current version feels more linear (in general), but some locations can be traversed in multiple ways.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Person in the reddit post says it was a 30 minute walking sim before the titledrop, other poster linkend and article wich doesnt shine a bright light on the game.
Keeping expectations in check like the time Biomutant looked promising.
Biomeutant never looked THAT promising lol.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game is being localised with its VO, right?

I don't think I could play an entire game where it's all russian and I have to read the subs start to end.