• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The theory on Reddit that the final panel we've already seen.....
is Eren ending this by freeing Ymir from her shackles and letting her live a normal life seems like it's probably on the money.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Eren can fuck with memories, does that also mean he's responsible for Kruger's line about protecting Mikasa and Armin?

Fucking paths

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having end of evangelion vibes for a while now.

So as expected Eren got to the paths dimension, and as expected little kid is the OG Ymir.

Zeke is basically Jesus with that hair.

Now what's the deal with them "revisiting" memories, can they been actually seen? Is Grisha actually seeing them or did he momentarily hallucinate and saw Zeke, cause I'm sure he wouldn't react that way if two random dudes suddenly manifested in his office.

Also it felt like the chapter ended too abruptly.

People also were talking about an interesting panel earlier in the manga.

ywljohQ.png

The two dark figures behind the barrels

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

So as expected Eren got to the paths dimension, and as expected little kid is the OG Ymir.

Now what's the deal with them "revisiting" memories, can they been actually seen? Is Grisha actually seeing them or did he momentarily hallucinate and saw Zeke, cause I'm sure he wouldn't react that way if two random dudes suddenly manifested in his office.

ywljohQ.png

If he would've said "Zack is that you" without any followup sure, but he was dead on with that description, that plus young Eren earlier clearly noticing them makes me think that yeah, they can be seen.

The second image, holy fucking shit. They're the Luteces lmao. I bet over the course of the next month we'll get about 10 of these panels

Oct 25, 2017

ywljohQ.png

AOT will have a panel with Eren choking out Mikasa? That scene is pretty much my memory go to for EOE. Also holy shit at the spoiler.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if Eren's dream from the beginning was Eren talking to himself through his memories

He has the long hair, and Mikasa doesn't have the scarf

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
BRUH I CAN'T RN

If this is a straight up 200IQ Zeke play being overshadowed by Eren's 1000IQ play I'm gonna lose it, but I could def see Zeke being taken for a ride if these are just actual factual memories except now they're screwing with time

BUT WHO KNOWS, CAN'T WAIT

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely gave me some End Of Evangelion vibes. Instrumentality project y'all.
Tumbling down tumbling down.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

ywljohQ.png

Crazy if that gets confirmed. I wonder if there is even more?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

ywljohQ.png

HOLY FUCK

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding kitsune's image, here's why it doesn't make sense
zoom in and you can see the silhouettes stop at the bottom of the window sill, so they aren't behind the barrels directly, they are looking out from inside the window.

That's fine, it could still be them inside the house.

Well, look at the window above and you can see two other silhouettes.

So unless there will be two others joining them during this memory revisiting, in two separate rooms on two separate floors (which I highly doubt), consider this theory

DEBUNKED

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, while I was expecting a more shocking chapter, the more I think about it the more I like the direction the story took with Zeke, this is a lot more interesting than what I was expecting (Eren just betraying Zeke and using the Founder powers for whatever his real plan is).

I just hope that there's an explanation for the origin of Ymir and the titan powers.

Oct 25, 2017
If that earlier panel was intentional and is the two of them standing there
and if Isayama has been supervising the anime from the start (Has he been doing that?)

Then shouldn't there be a similar frame in the anime?

I don't recall, were Mikasa's headaches in the anime given the same kind of detail as in the manga?

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got less Evangelion vibes and more, recent Berserk-developments involving the now wholesome JRPG-party which I won't spoil here. All in all a great chapter which wisely put the brakes on a little bit.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man this is a wild ride. Eren really remains the GOAT. Can't wait to see how Isayama wraps this all up.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like we're maybe gonna do the Lelouch vs Charles mental fight here. Like Eren's going to be asserting control here

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The theory on Reddit that the final panel we've already seen.....
is Eren ending this by freeing Ymir from her shackles and letting her live a normal life seems like it's probably on the money.
Yeah, and between this last chapter and that theory, it's giving me ideas about the true nature of the 9 shifters, as well.
I always wondered what the deal was with the Female Titan. It's a decidedly less fantastic concept than some of these other shifters.
This last chapter and that theory have me thinking, though, that maybe the 9 shifters are reflections of Ymir's most powerful earthly desires; those she hasn't had the freedom to live out for herself - and from that angle, the Female Titan fits perfectly. Ymir is a person who was born into the world - she knows what it is to be alive - but for so long, she's been denied those worldly opportunities that give life meaning. Chief among those opportunities denied, to -

leave a lineage or guide her progeny. (reflected by the Founder)
live off the land and forge her own path through the world, as the beasts of the Earth do. (reflected by the Beast)
invent and create for the sake of others. (reflected by the Warhammer)
grow, change, and become. (reflected by the Colossus)
life the life of a woman. (reflected by the Female)
sate her body's hunger or desire to consume. (reflected by the Jaw)
choose to shoulder her own burdens, or anyone else's. (reflected by the Cart)
protect herself or those who matter to her. (reflected by the Armored)
influence her own fate. (reflected by the Attack)

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
where is that dude that said Eren really wanted to go along with zeke's plan?

talking about jumping the gun.

also why you people spoiler tag things? this is a spoilers thread.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
where is that dude that said Eren really wanted to go along with zeke's plan?

talking about jumping the gun.

also why you people spoiler tag things? this is a spoilers thread.
I think it's theory stuff from reddit. I agree that spoiler tagging it is appropriate.
When it comes to manga stuff, as long as it's the official release date, no need for spoiler tags

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What really caught my attention was Ymir being a slave to the royal family.

Also the image from the season 2 ending with people (royal family?) eating a person.

Uhm.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's mostly to prevent people getting spoiled by other people who read the leaks / incomplete scans and are circulating rumors (usually false ones going off from the leaks).

There's also final panel spoilers and some people don't wanna know about them, but I'm not sure if we have spoiler etiquette for that.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in chapter #112 and I'm not feeling the story past the point where the anime ended (chapter 90 I think). It's all right but I think got most enjoyment out of the mystery of the titans which was largely solved. Can't say I care much about the Eldians vs Nazi Germany conflict. I'll probably read the last couple of chapters but as far as I'm concerned season 3's finale was my highlight.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me the grim reminder 2.0 is the highlight of the series and can't wait to see the anime-only reactions.

17511bf743010e17bd5392c9daf0ead9.jpg

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
So I'm in chapter #112 and I'm not feeling the story past the point where the anime ended (chapter 90 I think). It's all right but I think got most enjoyment out of the mystery of the titans which was largely solved. Can't say I care much about the Eldians vs Nazi Germany conflict. I'll probably read the last couple of chapters but as far as I'm concerned season 3's finale was my highlight.
Bro if you are in chap 12 shit is about to go crazy.

Oct 27, 2017

We're in chapter 120 and still know jack shit about how the titans came to be. The revelation that humanity hasn't perished and actually wishes to kill off all the walled people is a big one, but the origin of the titans is still in the shadows. We just know Marley's been sending them all this time.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished reading #119 and I find it bizarre that the author seems to just have dropped Annie and the religious cult that apparently knew about the walls being titans. Also, who won the fistfight between Annie and Mikasa that we saw in the flashback? I'd love to get answers.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished reading #119 and I find it bizarre that the author seems to just have dropped Annie and the religious cult that apparently knew about the walls being titans. Also, who won the fistfight between Annie and Mikasa that we saw in the flashback? I'd love to get answers.

Isayama sucks if he never brings Annie back. At the beginning of the year I thought it was inevitable and just a matter of time, but with how things are currently unfolding, I don't know anymore.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
and I find it bizarre that the author seems to just have dropped Annie and the religious cult that apparently knew about the walls being titans.
When you think about it it makes sense. The founder would preach to the wallists while remaining hidden, and the wallists would spread the word of the religion to the public. Now that the founder is no longer a Reiss underground, no one is preaching that word anymore to them

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
I dunno how Isayama can bring back Annie at this point unless somehow she's already been freed off-screen and it gets revealed in a flashback after she elbow drops Reiner from the top of the wall