• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
The lame duck panic begins. There are going to be moves in the coming days and weeks that have been planned for months.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.

1475093059016.jpg

May 8, 2018

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One less Bible thumper.

What's the deal with the new guy?

Trump crony, wrote an opinion piece about Mueller going "too far" before he (Whitaker) got hired at the DoJ.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/us/politics/matthew-whitaker-justice-department.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7d26dc86e9af

Expect Rosenstein to be dropped within the next few days as well as Trump attempts to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
Installing sycophants now is his only option against a Dem house.

And it still ain't gonna work.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe that that shitshow will probably get worse but here we are.

Matthew Whitaker is such an obvious "get the heat off me and my kids" move but of course the Republicans won't care at all.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
So the dynamite has been lit has it?

Don't know why I was lulled into thinking we could have a second of breathing room.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a setup for something more significant re: Mueller. This was only necessary for Trump to do if he felt 20+ Republican senators would vote to convict him in an impeachment trial--and in this climate, that only happens if the charges and evidence are bulletproof.

Nov 6, 2017
So what does this actually mean? Mueller's investigation gets shut down...only to return in some capacity and continue a House investigation?

Oct 31, 2017
I hope I'm overreacting, but I'm honestly scared for our democracy right now.

I think you are genuinely right to be scared for the democracy of the United States. Political norms are being rapidly decayed. It's good that the Democrats have the House majority and can level checks on the Presidency, but there is a literal American Fascist movement happening and they aren't going to play by the rules because Fascists never do.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the potentially bad things this means for the US political system... it's tough not to be satisfied that Jeff Sessions gets humiliated one last time.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
When pressed for comment keebler cookie elves were mum as to whether or not they'd accept Session back into their fold.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Trump probably thinks he can still get the Mueller investigation shut down if he acts fast. He probably doesn't realize that a democrat controlled house can just restart it.

giphy.gif