• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gif.gif

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'll be pretty sad if we don't get a fourth season of GLOW. I mean, there was less focus on carny shit in season 3, but it will still fun.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know we don't normally do it, but maybe during the 5*GP we could mark spoilers? The tournament format might be more conducive to that. I'm hoping they can actually get the matches uploaded fast enough. lol

Hikaru Shida was at Gatoh Move today and got Emi Sakura to agree to a singles match at next month's Gatoh Move Shinkiba show as well as take part in her last match in Japan.
OMG this match! this will be a certified mat classic. wait I hope you don't mean it will be in...

ECJyHs9U0AAwxox

There's something about Antonio Honda in this photo that absolutely kills me, love that man so hard

No no get out of there noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
wat

Two of the black-and-gold brand's top Superstars are headed to London in September for an NXT vs. NXT UK tag team showdown under the banner of PROGRESS Wrestling.

NXT's Matt Riddle and Keith Lee will team to battle NXT UK's Moustache Mountain at PROGRESS Chapter 95: Still Chasing on Sunday, Sept. 15, at the Alexandra Palace.

Tyler Bate & Trent Seven have extensive history in PROGRESS, but Riddle and Lee are no strangers to the company, either: The Original Bro is a two-time holder of the Progress Atlas Title, while Lee notched an impressive performance in the 2018 installment of the company's Super Strong Style 16 Tournament.

Flammable D

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Endo has a pretty wonderful physique. MAO is pretty sexy too. And lets not forget that Yukio Sakaguchi photoshoot.
When you remember that Endo's goal is

Tetsuya
In
The
Sky,

It all makes sense.

And the shirt may have been the least #Safe wrestling shirt I've ever encountered live. It's not even that it's a #DeadGiveaway. Just look at the fucking thing.

Get the chart, Flammable D

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Nagata's G1 farewell was all feels, incredible moment.

New gear for the Prime Minister.
ECLW8U-VUAANLQz

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, AJPW seems to be in a bit of a holding pattern until September, when the Oudou tournament kicks off. The problem with its small roster is that the matches, as good as they are, feel stale.

Still, have a picture of Kento Miyahara working at a 7-Eleven.
mr2ttl7m2ng31.jpg

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Small update from PWInsider on the NXT/USA thing. Nothing really new other than there's disagreement from sources on how "done" the deal is and if it is done there is speculation it might start on September 11th. Also makes it clear that it was USA that came to WWE about it, not the other way around.

In regard to the potential of WWE NXT moving to the USA Network, there are some within WWE who believe USA is a done deal and it's just a matter of time before the deal is announced. There had been interest from FOX but USA came to the table over the last several weeks. I should caution that others have shot down that anything is close to done.

We can confirm that there were NXT staff who were told this week in Florida to be prepared for a longer show and that things would be changing very soon.

One source pointed out that NXT has an planned taping at Full Sail University on Wednesday 9/11 and that they could easily launch the show "live" at that taping, then tape on 9/12, which is another announced taping, before settling in for live tapings every week in early October. If so, they would effectively be in that Wednesday slot a few weeks before AEW launches

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Small update from PWInsider on the NXT/USA thing. Nothing really new other than there's disagreement from sources on how "done" the deal is and if it is done there is speculation it might start on September 11th. Also makes it clear that it was USA that came to WWE about it, not the other way around.

Saw a tweet pointing out the timing of this with the Chrisley Knows Best news.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that Kyona is a lame promo and fans refuse to get behind her. Or she's stuck in the wrong promotion with the wrong fans.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why tho. ?

The state of evolve and progress is sad. They are NXT vanity promotions at this point.

Because as much as it's not what those promotions are, the numbers show that the shows with NXT talent on them draw more fans

EVOLVE in particular saw a huge business upswing once they basically just embraced being NXT-lite

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Because as much as it's not what those promotions are, the numbers show that the shows with NXT talent on them draw more fans

EVOLVE in particular saw a huge business upswing once they basically just embraced being NXT-lite

Aren't they just teaching fans to not care about the non NXT people tho?

Its what WWE does when they bring the old timers back

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

Aren't they just teaching fans to not care about the non NXT people tho?

Its what WWE does when they bring the old timers back
I also don't at all buy into the PROGRESS is just NXT narrative, like you compare them and EVOLVE and EVOLVE changed overnight to ditch all the non NXT guys and pull in the Largo Loopers, whereas the NXT UK guys in PROGRESS haven't pushed out non signed talent, were there already, and are even starting to be phased out now (big shows excluded, seemingly).

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
"NXT moving was USA's idea" lol yeah right. I'm not doubting those that are reporting it, I'm doubting the source. How many times am I supposed to believe the shots fired were not WWE's doing?

This is like the shaggy song.

Evolve again fight for fallen
Wasn't me
NXT UK on August 31
Wasn't me
NXT moves to FS1
Wasn't me
Move it to USA instead
Wasn't me

Last edited:

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"NXT moving was USA's idea" lol yeah right. I'm not doubting those that are reporting it, I'm doubting the source. How many times am I supposed to believe the shots fired were not WWE's doing?

This is like the shaggy song.

Evolve again fight for fallen
Wasn't me
NXT UK on August 31
Wasn't me
NXT moves to USA
Wasn't me
It perfect sense for USA . WWE programming is the only thing they got and they are losing smackdown in oct. Makes for them to get something like smackdown

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I also don't at all buy into the PROGRESS is just NXT narrative, like you compare them and EVOLVE and EVOLVE changed overnight to ditch all the non NXT guys and pull in the Largo Loopers, whereas the NXT UK guys in PROGRESS haven't pushed out non signed talent, were there already, and are even starting to be phased out now (big shows excluded, seemingly).
EVOLVE also exclusively uses contracted talent outside of random geeks on the undercard

PROGRESS can still use the hotter indie stars from the area if they want

EVOLVE was propped up by a handful of stars and they lost all of them

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Nagata's G1 farewell was all feels, incredible moment.

New gear for the Prime Minister.
ECLW8U-VUAANLQz

I don't know if that color works for her. Would need to see it in motion.

Kind of wish she would break out her Face Colors (Blue/Gold) for big time matches. I guess her White gear is close to that. Still an amazing outfit

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if that color works for her. Would need to see it in motion.

Kind of wish she would break out her Face Colors (Blue/Gold) for big time matches. I guess her White gear is close to that. Still an amazing outfit

Kagetsu's white outfit is probably one of my favorite Looks in wrestling. But this red suit is pretty great too, though that's my favorite color lol

I know we don't normally do it, but maybe during the 5*GP we could mark spoilers? The tournament format might be more conducive to that. I'm hoping they can actually get the matches uploaded fast enough. lol

This, actually. If only because I don't see the point of posting Twitter match spoilers if people aren't even going to mention how the match went.

Status
Not open for further replies.