Gotten vaccinated yet?

• Had my first dose!

Votes: 33 23.6%
  • Had my second dose and fully vaccinated!

Votes: 86 61.4%
  • Nope!

Votes: 21 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Penny Wong now in self-isolation.
"This morning I woke feeling unwell," she said in a statement.

"Consistent with advice to all Australians, and recognising that my Parliamentary colleagues will return to their home states and communities, as a responsible precaution I will self-isolate, pending medical advice.

"As a result I will not be attending the Senate today."

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Remember, if it's safe and possible for you, support local businesses at this time. I am a regular of about 8 different small businesses and each of them have been depressing to chat to lately, but they absolutely light up when they get what they can.

If you can't do the contactless takeaway, give them a call and ask if they do their own delivery outside of Uber Eats.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
big jump in cases yesterday. Over 100 in NSW alone. had to pop into work quickly to get my charger for work from home (thankfully my workplace is taking this super seriously), thankfully public transport seems a lot quieter, supermarkets still seem full. Feels like a weekend mostly.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Man that story about the woman in the cafe being asked to social distance and her getting pissed and deliberately coughing in their face is infuriating. I wonder how that sort of shit could even be policed.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Can't help but feel like we should have enforced the 14 day quarantine at the border a long time ago when it was clear a pandemic was all but inevitable.

Tough times ahead for our country and the world with no end in sight. Whilst I'm working on the front line I'm thankful to be in one of the few industries where work basically continues as normal (except not being allowed leave and having to work extra hours).

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ahem, it's St Paddy, actually. :P

Nice incorrect turn of phrase I had there, cheers mate. You have to laugh a little at booze panic buying, so Australian.

EDIT: I'm real curious how things go down the track when borders and international travel are opened back up. Second wave of Covid? Hopefully some vaccine developments/discoveries kick in prior to that.

Archaic

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
The Queensland Teacher's Union is planning to strike from Wednesday if the government doesn't close the schools, effectively closing them by default. Glad to see someone forcing the government's hand here. Simply disgusting that they're going ahead with the local council elections as scheduled. Would've been better to push back a couple of weeks and put everyone on postal votes.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
The Queensland Teacher's Union is planning to strike from Wednesday if the government doesn't close the schools, effectively closing them by default. Glad to see someone forcing the government's hand here. Simply disgusting that they're going ahead with the local council elections as scheduled. Would've been better to push back a couple of weeks and put everyone on postal votes.

I can't blame the teachers Union. If I was a Teachers I'd feel like I'm being treated like cannon fodder right now.

Also, I'm thankful I'm not the only one that finds them going ahead with local council elections as scheduled disgusting.

Man that story about the woman in the cafe being asked to social distance and her getting pissed and deliberately coughing in their face is infuriating. I wonder how that sort of shit could even be policed.

Wtf. She needs to be fined or locked up. Disgusting behaviour. What state did this happen?

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't blame the teachers Union. If I was a Teachers I'd feel like I'm being treated like cannon fodder right now.

Also, I'm thankful I'm not the only one that finds them going ahead with local council elections as scheduled disgusting.

Wtf. She needs to be fined or locked up. Disgusting behaviour. What state did this happen?
It was in Sydney.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
It's frustrating that the feds aren't shutting schools down entirely, they're essentially sacrificing people in an effort to keep money flowing. The only reasons they aren't are;

Kids not going to school means parents have to stay at home, harming work.

and

The HECS census date is the 31st of march, i.e. the final date before universities have their funds secured.

If cases skyrockets amongst children they really should be put through the wringer for not completely shutting schools down.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017

That's how we are all feeling at the moment, looks like I'll be striking on Wed. What a joke of a government

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
AOC tells athletes plan for Olympics to be postponed.

IOC is a joke on how they have handled this.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
My wife works in a shopping centre. She is baffled they are still open.
The food courts are packed and there is older people just lounging around drinking coffee without a care in the world.

People don't care.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SA: Schools stay open. Parents can keep their kids at home.

States and Territories Schools:
ACT: Face-to-face school closed by end of school day on the 23rd of March. Online school begins 24th of March. Announced by ACT Government on the 22nd of March.

NSW: School still open. Parents are advised to keep their kids at home if they have the ability. All school is now undertaken online, whether you attend physically or at home. Announced by Premier Gladys Berejiklian on 23rd of March at an 8am conference.

NT: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Chief Minister Michael Gunner on the 23rd of March at conference.

QLD: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on the 23rd of March at conference. Teachers expected to strike on Wednesday for mass closures of school.

SA: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Premier Steven Marshall on the 23rd of March at conference.

VIC: School closed by end of school day on the 23rd of March. Easter Holidays have been extended from the 24th of March, to an expected date of the 14th of April. Inquiry in putting school online. Announced by Premier Daniel Andrews on the 22nd of March, reiterated at a morning conference on the 23rd of March.

WA: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Premier Mark McGowan on the 23rd of March at conference.

Edit:
QLD to shut borders, however concerns are raised at the QLD/NSW border where people work in one side and live on the other.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
The food courts are packed and there is older people just lounging around drinking coffee without a care in the world.

People don't care.
I hadn't even really thought about the food courts, but ... shit, yeah. Will the shopping centres end up just blocking off/removing all the seating and force everything to be takeaway only, I wonder? (At least until everything else gets closed down too.)

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Question Time interesting quotes, this will be edited over time:

A.
"We will be mirroring our strategy like Singapore. Schools are kept open in Singapore. However, there are certain legislative differences." - PM Scott Morrison
Q.
"Will the PM outline to the house how the Commonwealth Government would protect the health of Australian citizens." - Member for Lindsay.

A.
"We will provide economic support. We have entered this crisis as one of the strongest in the world....escalating in several weeks and in particular past weeks.
- PM Scott Morrison

Q.
"What steps is the PM taking to improve communication on COVID-19 incl. rules of testing....non-essentials/essential activity.." - Leader of the Opposition Anthony Albanese

A.
"Communications are being conveyed by the state and territory governments...Last night there was a specific list of specific places that individuals were not allowed to gather around for midday today....info on website."
- PM Scott Morrison

Last edited:

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
SA: Schools stay open. Parents can keep their kids at home.

States and Territories Schools:
ACT: Face-to-face school closed by end of school day on the 23rd of March. Online school begins 24th of March. Announced by ACT Government on the 22nd of March.

NSW: School still open. Parents are advised to keep their kids at home if they have the ability. All school is now undertaken online, whether you attend physically or at home. Announced by Premier Gladys Berejiklian on 23rd of March at an 8am conference.

NT: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Chief Minister Michael Gunner on the 23rd of March at conference.

QLD: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on the 23rd of March at conference. Teachers expected to strike on Wednesday for mass closures of school.

SA: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Premier Steven Marshall on the 23rd of March at conference.

VIC: School closed by end of school day on the 23rd of March. Easter Holidays have been extended from the 24th of March, to an expected date of the 14th of April. Inquiry in putting school online. Announced by Premier Daniel Andrews on the 22nd of March, reiterated at a morning conference on the 23rd of March.

WA: School still open. Parents can keep their children at home but must follow social distancing rules, and complete studies online. Announced by Premier Mark McGowan on the 23rd of March at conference.

Edit:
QLD to shut borders, however concerns are raised at the QLD/NSW border where people work in one side and live on the other.

Shit my best friend is in Byron...hope she gets back to brissy safe

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, just close the fucking schools! You can't say that we're doing the Singapore model if you're not implementing ALL of the policies that Singapore did.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, just close the fucking schools! You can't say that we're doing the Singapore model if you're not implementing ALL of the policies that Singapore did.
Their reasoning for not closing schools is:

a)
"Let me say again - we know that very, very few children contract COVID-19.

"All of the international data shows that it's very, very uncommon for children to get symptomatic disease.

"Let me also say again - we don't know whether children have a significant role in transmission."

b)
Gladys Berejiklian has stated that schools should be kept open for parents that have no choice (have to go to work). New Zealanders are keeping schools open temporarily for students who parents are healthcare workers or on the front lines. NSW's model for schools is to allow teachers and students seperated, where students will be in a controlled area doing work online.

Archaic

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Centrelink and mygov had a DDOS attack. Yikes.
So the government is saying, but no, they didn't. We saw the exact same bullshit from this government back during the failed 2016 census. Centrelink and MyGov were swamped by literally hundreds of thousands of people legitimately trying to access them. That's not a DDOS, even if the outcome is functionally the same. Claiming it's a DDOS is simply the government ass covering how poor the infrastructure behind these systems is.

EDIT: And now he's just admitted on the floor of parliament there's no evidence of any specific attack.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the government is saying, but no, they didn't. We saw the exact same bullshit from this government back during the failed 2016 census. Centrelink and MyGov were swamped by literally hundreds of thousands of people legitimately trying to access them. That's not a DDOS, even if the outcome is functionally the same. Claiming it's a DDOS is simply the government ass covering how poor the infrastructure behind these systems is.
And period!

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how that will affect stuff just on the border like Tweed or Kingscliff
How would Tweed Heads work I wonder? Might be cut off entirely?

Queensland confirms that borders close on midnight Wednesday. No specific news yet but will update you.

Shit my best friend is in Byron...hope she gets back to brissy safe
Your friend will be expected to self isolate if she arrives past 12am Wednesday for 14 days. Maybe it's best to tell her to leave Byron Bay.

Nov 14, 2017
The Australian people have voiced their displeasure at the idea that they should be leaners, not lifters, by turning out in their thousands and DDoSing myGov. We have heard you silent Australians loud and clear and will be working hard to make these measures more punitive.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: And now he's just admitted on the floor of parliament there's no evidence of any specific attack.

The Census was a technical error. A network engineer screwed up.

ExpandedKang

Oct 30, 2017
Now we'll see the results of centrelink being chipped away at for the last few decades, and the gross mistreatment of the unemployed in this country laid bare. The system is overburdened and understaffed as it is, this is going to be painful for a lot of people trying to get relief. I passed the centrelink office in Richmond and the line ran down the road a couple of hundred metres at least. (people distancing themselves at least) No doubt this will add further stress to people.

I feel like ideologically you couldn't have a worse party in power at the moment; they have second guessed every decision instead of being pro-active and decisive because it undermined their one supposed credential which is the economy (or rather their shyster version of a good economy which has largely just favoured the rich and has largely destroyed the kind of institutions which would have been critical to ride out this crisis)

We need to have a complete rethink of the economy once this is done. We can't return to what we had before.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

People don't care.
Went to the local shopping centre today to cancel a pre-order. Lots of people still around. I watched them all bunch up together on the escalator and hold the rails 🤢

Oct 25, 2017
Was on the train home and a bunch of little school shitheads were pretending to cough each other and making fun of the situation we live in currently

Took extreme willpower to keep quiet

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just drove by Centrelink and the line was out the building nearly going around the block.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to ask about the census, it's covered above. Bravo y'all

Wonder how than NBN business case is looking now

Sorry, I get like this in these sort of situations :|

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Cruse ship carrying European passengers wants to dock in Perth. Many on board are ill.

Ticking fucking time bombs.

Perth so far are not allowing them to dock.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do we not have stable IT systems across the board in this day and age. Azure is the most certified in Australian government history, give the systems to Microsoft/Azure and stop messing about you twats. I'd hate to see what a real terrorist threat could do on top of this shit show.