Will Genesis appear in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth?

• He's in

Votes: 453 61.6%
  • He's not in

Votes: 282 38.4%

• Total voters

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's IN. Good character they'll probably make use of. And this CC remaster takes us back to seeing him just in time.

Oct 25, 2017
Not only am I betting on Genesis, I'm betting on Angeal for the whole damn Buster Sword Trifecta!

"What the hell is this blond haired pretty boy doing with my damn sword?"

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I really don't think he will have any substantial part to play. What the fuck would that add that he already hadn't in Crises Core. Maybe some flashback material or something.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
he's in

I never played FF and have no idea who are you talking about, but I want a new tag. Please.

Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018
His existence is the main reason I'm waiting a bit before buying. I bought the first as soon as I heard the wacky story spoilers at the end cause that sounded hilarious. This will have the exact opposite effect. If he shows up, I'm out.

Having Weiss and Nero was bad enough even as optional fights, Genesis being in the story would be disastrous for me.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Crisis Core yet but sure, Rebirth is going to be balls to the wall nuts so throw everyone in!

Apr 5, 2022
_111137824_genesisget2.jpg

They're not in. (Sadly.)

I can't be the only one who thinks of the band every time, right?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Can you update my name on the first page? I'd prefer to have no tag at all.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Are we counting the VR fights like with Weiss?

What's the call if he's not in the main game, but then gets introduced in DLC?

Assuming a VR fight or weird Easter egg doesn't count… basically if we're talking about him being present in the story:
read the op y'all lol, I didn't type it up for nothing

I'll allow it, but every time he references Loveless I'm going to drink two shots of vodka.

My hope is that he isn't but he's most likely going to be in it in some way.

If he isn't in the game as part of the story, then I hope he's in as a boss you can fight in the VR Mode.

Then I'm sorry for your kidneys.

I've only played 2 hours of Crisis Core thus far so didn't read the OP, but I bet he is in. They already talked about him in Remake, so I'd be surprised if he wasn't in Rebirth in some way.
Is that a "he's in" from y'all then?

Remake
Rebirth
Regenesis

I really don't think he will have any substantial part to play. What the fuck would that add that he already hadn't in Crises Core. Maybe some flashback material or something.

He's not in the main game, at least. Nailing my colors to the mast.
Is that a "he's not in" from y'all then? (Remember, this bet isn't about him being a major character in the story necessarily; it's just about him being in the game at all, not counting mentions from other characters)

Still betting on Rebirth being half a Zack game
Same, especially since he seems to be in another timeline or something. It's at least gonna have several chapters where you play as him (his party?), with both sides converging at the end.

His existence is the main reason I'm waiting a bit before buying. I bought the first as soon as I heard the wacky story spoilers at the end cause that sounded hilarious. This will have the exact opposite effect. If he shows up, I'm out.

Having Weiss and Nero was bad enough even as optional fights, Genesis being in the story would be disastrous for me.
nothing shall forestall his return

N O T H I N G

god bless you for using my shitty Craig avatar for so long

unfortunately i dont make avatar bets

but god damn, i wish i did
Genesis Rhapsodog

Can you update my name on the first page? I'd prefer to have no tag at all.
đź‘Ť

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, and it will be terrible. Nomura is going to go full KH. Like, more so than remake.

I'm watching Nextlanders demo of CC right now and man, did they change Zack's VA? He's bad.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It truly brings a smile to my face to see so many people confident in Genesis coming back.

C3OWji3.png

god I hope we don't fucking lose

Yep, and it will be terrible. Nomura is going to go full KH. Like, more so than remake.

I'm watching Nextlanders demo of CC right now and man, did they change Zack's VA? He's bad.
Everyone was recast in the English version of Reunion, yeah. They brought on the voice actors from Remake for characters that were in that game (Cloud, Aerith, Sephiroth, etc.), and got new people for the rest (such as Genesis and Angeal). Zack is voiced by Caleb Pierce.

Yuffie has a different voice actor than in Intermission though, since she's a lot younger in Crisis Core. Not sure who voices Tifa, I haven't gotten far enough yet.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
if being part of some final boss monster counts as "being in", like those 3 advent children dudes were, then yea i think he'll be in the game in some way

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
read the op y'all lol, I didn't type it up for nothing

Is that a "he's in" from y'all then?

Is that a "he's not in" from y'all then? (Remember, this bet isn't about him being a major character in the story necessarily; it's just about him being in the game at all, not counting mentions from other characters)

Same, especially since he seems to be in another timeline or something. It's at least gonna have several chapters where you play as him (his party?), with both sides converging at the end.

nothing shall forestall his return

N O T H I N G

god bless you for using my shitty Craig avatar for so long

Genesis Rhapsodog

đź‘Ť
You know what put me in as a "yes he's in"! Fuck it

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's going to appear as an optional superboss in the third game.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
It truly brings a smile to my face to see so many people confident in Genesis coming back.

C3OWji3.png

Everyone was recast in the English version of Reunion, yeah. They brought on the voice actors from Remake for characters that were in that game (Cloud, Aerith, Sephiroth, etc.), and got new people for the rest (such as Genesis and Angeal). Zack is voiced by Caleb Pierce.

Yuffie has a different voice actor than in Intermission though, since she's a lot younger in Crisis Core. Not sure who voices Tifa, I haven't gotten far enough yet.
Oh shit, thanks for all the VA info. I watched a trailer a while back and heard the Remkae voices for Cloud and Aerith.

Interesting tidbit about Yuffie.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
He's in, even if it's brief I'll be shocked if he isn't, especially after CC just dropped

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well use this opportunity to reiterate the fact that Genesis is a terrible character whose inclusion in the FF7 mythos, along with most of Crisis Core's narrative horseshit, is a stain on FF7's near-perfect story. Crisis Core retroactively makes FF7 worse just by existing.

Kitase should have written and directed Zack's game. It was too important to be left to Nojima and Tabata.

Birds of Paradise

Enlightened Shinra Employee
Sep 20, 2021
He's not in. I think they will save him for the last game in some optional quest.
(I only want to participate in the avatar bet not the tag).

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

C3OWji3.png

Tifa is Britt Baron returning from Remake.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Spoiler regarding Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core:
Well considering the ending of Dirge of Cerberus and the fact that he seem to be able to travel between dimensions/time and his connection to the story, I'd like for him to be him and not in a minor role...never understood the hate for the character, I feel like his decay and re acquisition of honor is a big point of Crisis Core

With that being said, If he makes an appearance, I think it will be during the third game and not in the second one.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
He's in, if the second game wants to be an even bigger departure I can see Genesis also trying to change his fate. Hell, they could even bring back Angeal and now there'd be three buster swords walking around

(Will we get our current tags back after the period, if we loose? (which we won't, I believe in GACKT) I like my current tag)

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I think I'm going for Team In!

Also, everyone blaming Nomura (again), lmao