Will Genesis appear in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth?

• He's in

Votes: 453 61.6%
  • He's not in

Votes: 282 38.4%

• Total voters

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It truly brings a smile to my face to see so many people confident in Genesis coming back.

C3OWji3.png

god I hope we don't fucking lose
To be perfectly clear, even tho I bet that he is in it, I don't want this fucker to be in anything FF7 Remake related.

God, I already hate him and all his LOVELESS bullshit and I'm only at chapter 4 of the CC Reunion.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
He's not in, or at least I hope. Today I learned his last name is Rhapsodos. I will try to forget this. Please don't remind me SE.
just wait until you see what Lazard's last name is

finalfantasy.fandom.com

Lazard Deusericus

Unattainable dreams are the best kind. Lazard Deusericus is the director of SOLDIER within the Shinra Electric Power Company in Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-. He sends Zack Fair on missions and acts as the union executive overseeing SOLDIER's management, drawing up rough strategy guidelines...

To be perfectly clear, even tho I bet that he is in it, I don't want this fucker to be in anything FF7 Remake related.
It's okay to be tsundere for Genesis. You're among friends.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing the ending to Remake I'd say he's exactly the kind of shit they're going for

Maybe they'll have him double team with Roche who's equally bad

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
He's in.

But then as soon as he opens his mouth, he slips on a banana peel and falls into the lifestream, where his body and consciousness are dissolved and returned to the planet.

Circle of life.

Sunrise, sunset.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
As much as I hate it, he's 100% in. Nomura can't resist a character with a weird backstory. See all of Kingdom Hearts.

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
You know what? Screw it.

He's in. Team Cloud may not see him but I can't imagine Zack won't deal with him in some manner. I'll have faith.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
He is not in.
I've won an Avatar betting before as my title say so I am confident he won't be in.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not participating in the bet but I'd be surprised if he's not part of it. Another way to say rebirth is regenesis.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Wasn't Weiss a VR boss just because it was impossible for him to be part of the story in that moment? The other dude is a normal boss lol do making Genesis a VR wouldn't make much sense

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Again, it's Nomura. The man who hid most of the KH story in side games that ended up tying in with KH3. After Crisis Core he's in.

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
I have never really played a Final Fantasy. I have no idea who this is. This thread motivated to Google search him.

This shit is wild.

He's in. 🤣 He needs to be in and I need to catch up on all the awesome I've missed out on.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's in! I'd be shocked if he didn't make an appearance at some point during Rebirth.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know anything about this game, but I like to live on the edge so I'll participate in this bet lmao

He's in!

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
They already fucked up it being an actual remake, so sure fill it to the rim with dumb shit from those side games, why not?

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Nothing shall forestall... his return.

He's in.

If it's possible, (assuming I win) can I keep my current tag and the new one?

Zeus

Corrupted by Vengeance and Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
We had a thread about this. Nomura wanted Remake to be faithful, Kitase and Nojima wanted to spice things up.

Can we stop blaming Nomura for everything?
I mean, maybe when he's able to change things without making everything into an overly convoluted mess?

Even if he was for making the game faithful before he was outvoted, the final section of the game feels completely disjointed from the rest and like it was ripped straight out of a cut segment of Kingdom Hearts.
What other director could be responsible for that direction?

Ear Mortal

Mar 9, 2022
Just like we were introduced to Yuffie gameplay in the Intermission DLC with Nero/Weiss, I think we'll get a Zack DLC in between Rebirth and Part 3 that introduces Zack gameplay and Genesis will be involved there. So basically like a boss fight specifically for Zack similar to how Nero was to Yuffie.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing shall forestall... his return.

He's in.

If it's possible, (assuming I win) can I keep my current tag and the new one?
You'd want to check with Transistor once the time comes (if you win), but you should be able to. When I got a second tag, whoever added it just put it after my existing one.

Just like we were introduced to Yuffie gameplay in the Intermission DLC with Nero/Weiss, I think we'll get a Zack DLC in between Rebirth and Part 3 that introduces Zack gameplay and Genesis will be involved there. So basically like a boss fight specifically for Zack similar to how Nero was to Yuffie.
So going by the guidelines in the OP then, you vote for him not being in the game?

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Considering Nero was in the Remake DLC as part of the story, I definitely think Genesis is coming back. The question is in what and when? I think he'll be part of the Rebirth DLC and not the main game itself.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
He's in.

Nomura is definitely putting all the extra canon into the remake series. Nero being already in lends a lot of support to this.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Crisis Core Reunion a few hours ago and no longer find it funny that he might be included in Rebirth. Good god he's awful. T_T I had erased his awfulness from my memory.

He will 100% be in the Remake trilogy, but I am not confident enough to bet that he'll make part 2.

Considering Nero was in the Remake DLC as part of the story, I definitely think Genesis is coming back. The question is in what and when? I think he'll be part of the Rebirth DLC and not the main game itself.
Are y'all participating?

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
As hilarious as it'd be that he's in...I will say that he's not.