• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Great idea for a thread. I have a question, can Strange's astral form exist separate from his body? Is it possible that he still exists in some form even though his body was destroyed? And please, open IW spoilers otherwise we will have to tag everything.

Do you guys think guys think there's a chance we'll see some really crazy shit like Thanos being attacked by three Captain Americas from different time periods, four iron men etc? Or is that too crazy?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I mean they can do a whole movie series on what happens in that 5 year span alone, I'm assuming Shuri would be black panther by the time A4 rolls around.

If they go back to Avengers 1 all those dead folks will be back.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
I need to know how Ant-Man & Wasp will keep momentum of the hype to Avengers 4

Probably the movie will end with Hank Pym dissapearing in front of Scott after the snap.

I dont really want a multiverse plot in A4. I just want that carol+friends going to Thanos Farm and beat the shit out of him.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think guys think there's a chance we'll see some really crazy shit like Thanos being attacked by three Captain Americas from different time periods, four iron men etc? Or is that too crazy?

That would be so incredible, now I want it to happen. All the different designs at once would be something else, plus it would allow Thanos to kill off some of them since there'd be backups.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure just yet. James Gunn has always said he wasn't showing up for Infinity War, but close to the film's release it appears he was at least in consideration at one point.

nah, vision imo has a back up with shuri.

Tom Hiddleston as loki is probably done.
As mentioned in the Infinity War thread, Zoe Saldana is off to film Avatar's 2 through to 827 or something for the foreseeable future. She could be well done yet.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to know how Ant-Man & Wasp will keep momentum of the hype to Avengers 4

Probably the movie will end with Hank Pym dissapearing in front of Scott after the snap.

I dont really want a multiverse plot in A4. I just want that carol+friends going to Thanos Farm and beat the shit out of him.
Screw that, I want full Secret Wars shenanigans

Oct 26, 2017
Spider-man sequel is happening and billed as an introduction to the universe of post phase 3 films. I don't think they are going to change so dramatically that Peter Parker has nobody he knows at school anymore, they will have to change the past. But if there is a significant time skip to A4, it brings up the question of what happens to the future where people have just tried making the best of a bad situation post IW.

Last edited:
OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure just yet. James Gunn has always said he wasn't showing up for Infinity War, but close to the film's release it appears he was at least in consideration at one point.
I think James Gunn has said Adam Warlock won't appear until Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and then he tweeted he's not even sure there's room for him in his script for that film.

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So are we expecting a bordeline crazy old grumpy ass Starck who waited to take his revenge alone for years at the start of A4 ?

That would be awesome. I mean after what he experienced the only credible path I see for him is madness.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People have been asking for a separate place to discuss and speculate the next untitled Avengers film for 2019. In order not to spoil people who just wanna discuss Infinity War in the Infinity War OT, speculation can be contained to this place.

This thread will obviously also have open spoilers to Avengers: Infinity War and its ending, which is stated in the thread title.

I'm currently on my way home, but I'll add the set photos and other speculation to the OP when I got time.

The current speculation piece is something along these lines, courtesy of Manabyte and MCU Cosmic:

Basically be based on the Avengers Forever comic book.
So that explains why we see thor with long hair and cap americas old costume ... sucks that the character development of the last movies is gone though

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
So are we expecting a bordeline crazy old grumpy ass Starck who waited to take his revenge alone for years at the start of A4 ?

That would be awesome. I mean after what he experienced the only credible path I see for him is madness.

I love that Tony's path mirrors his father's. He's lost his protogé, his experiment. And it seems he's going to deal with that the same way his father did. Leading SHIELD, and searching for a way to get back what he's lost. Cannot wait to see RDJ portray a full on "Howard" Tony.

What Cap was to Howard, Spidey is to Tony and I love the we've come full circle.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Great idea for a thread. I have a question, can Strange's astral form exist separate from his body? Is it possible that he still exists in some form even though his body was destroyed? And please, open IW spoilers otherwise we will have to tag everything.

When The Ancient One died, her Astral Form disappeard too, so I don't think that's possible.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Shuri as Black Panther.

That's not possible is it in the MCU? Killmonger destroyed the garden, and the last herb that was snuck out was given to T'Challa. If Shuri became Black Panther it'd have to be a tech only suit, without the spiritual/physical enhancements.

And won't the line of succession presumably have went to M'Baku, he was the only one willing to challenge T'Challa and was a formidable foe. Hand to hand he's going to break Shuri. Unless between BP and IW with Wakanda opening their doors the Political/Monarchal structure has changed and isn't down to combat.

Oct 25, 2017

That's not possible is it in the MCU? Killmonger destroyed the garden, and the last herb that was snuck out was given to T'Challa. If Shuri became Black Panther it'd have to be a tech only suit, without the spiritual/physical enhancements.

And won't the line of succession presumably have went to M'Baku, he was the only one willing to challenge T'Challa and was a formidable foe. Hand to hand he's going to break Shuri. Unless between BP and IW with Wakanda opening their doors the Political/Monarchal structure has changed and isn't down to combat.
Time travel will fix stuff like this very conveniently

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure most of the disintegrated people will return, but there are definitely going to be some permanent deaths in A4 (looking at you, Tony), and I think none of the people who died before the snap will be coming back, not even Gamora.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I really think Tony is going to end the franchise with a happy ending. Am I crazy for thinking this? He's been through so much.

Oct 25, 2017
NC

No. The herbs are just fine. They will grow back.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the things on their wrists in the set photos are a play on Hickman's Incursions storyline, where they can communicate with each other in the multiverse. I'm not crazy about that type of story but it will all be in the execution.

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just saw the movie and the deaths of all those that vanished cant be permanent. So My guess for Avengers 4 is that they try to turn the tide by going to the past to manipulate the outcome of the Infinity War. Since some of the deaths make no sense because we know a new Spidey movie is comming.

Oct 26, 2017
I really think Tony is going to end the franchise with a happy ending. Am I crazy for thinking this? He's been through so much.
Not at all. They actually brought up the ending of Star Trek TNG where Picard plays poker as a way to deal with characters.
But looking at that now... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Good_Things..._(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation) the whole plot might have big similarities.. at least with my idea of how it could go down.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if rumors for other MCU movies should be spoiler tagged here, so just in case...
I remember a rumor about
Hawkeye being in AM&TW
, Peyton Reed denied it, but now I have a feeling AM&TW might start post IW with
Hawkeye
looking for Scott, we get the events of AM&TW itself, and then we end up with them teaming up, leading into A4.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'm guessing the things on their wrists in the set photos are a play on Hickman's Incursions storyline, where they can communicate with each other in the multiverse. I'm not crazy about that type of story but it will all be in the execution.

The Russos have said there are NO alternate realities in IW or A4:
Joe Russo: There's no 'What If' scenarios. Everything that happens in these movies, happens in these movies. There's not like, you know, some potential, a tangential reality. It doesn't affect the story. It's if it happens, it happens. We wanted to commit to the storytelling and the most complete way and not give ourselves any kind of, you know, potential, uh, outs, like, uh, it was all a reality dreams.

Anthony Russo:I think that's because, you know because the stakes are so high in these films and we wanted to honor that he wanted to commit to those stakes.

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing is when they manage to get the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos they can turn pack the time and have the vanished return that way. Snip with a finger and Thanos is gone.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
So was James Gunn trolling when he said Gamora had a huge role in GOTG3, or is it just painfully obvious she'll come back as she has a significant role in it?

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure most of the disintegrated people will return, but there are definitely going to be some permanent deaths in A4 (looking at you, Tony), and I think none of the people who died before the snap will be coming back, not even Gamora.

If you read the comics, the soul stone housed the soul universe (possible admission to adam warlock in A4) Everyone post snap that went byebye will probably be there.

Here is the thing tho, when thanos snapped, he went to a reality that could have been the soul universe in the soul stone, and saw young gamora. She could be trapped there as well since she was the one sacrificed to get the stone.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If you read the comics, the soul stone housed the soul universe (possible admission to adam warlock in A4) Everyone post snap that went byebye will probably be there.

Here is the thing tho, when thanos snapped, he went to a reality that could have been the soul universe in the soul stone, and saw young gamora. She could be trapped there as well since she was the one sacrificed to get the stone.

Gunn said last year that Adam is NOT in either Avengers movies and he doesn't even know if he'll be in GotG3.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously hope Gamora's death is gonna stay permanent. I could see her have a part in Avengers 4 and maybe GotG3 inside the soul stone.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the worst thing any work of fiction does is travel through time or bring people back from the dead. And means nothings off the table and all stakes are meaningless from now on.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've updated the OP with set photos and an archive. I'm still adding information and sources to the archive and set photos.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it would stick. I think they'd be able to reverse the snap and then it'll be present day.

Things supporting the time travel & five years later thing:
  • Set photos showing the Battle of New York and an older Stark.
  • Older Stark wearing a SHIELD uniform.
  • Teenaged Cassie Lang cast.
And I'm pretty sure the planet Thanos is on at the end of IW is Titan in the past. He used the gauntlet to both wipe out half the life in the universe AND go back in time to before Titan was destroyed.

oh yeah, I completely forgot the teen Cassie Lang casting reports / rumours. Yeah its all coming together, the 5 years later theory totally fits now.

and to be fair to the Russos, if it is indeed a "5 years later, time traveling romp", that does feel less like a IW Part 2 and more like its own thing, even if it would be dealing with the IW stuff.

Oct 30, 2017
I think Marvel isnt lying that AM&TW occurs before IW.

I think that while saving Hank Pyms wife in the quantic realm they might skip forward in time ending up after the events of IW setting up A4.

Ursus007

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lausanne, Swizterland
So here's what will probably happen:

- All the dead from the gauntlet will return. It's an obvious one considering that they "killed" all the heroes from their best current franchises and left old ones (Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk) alive for a reason.
- There will be a reverse sacrifice - the old Avengers will die in 4, to let the new ones live again. This will create good story arcs (Tony dies but Peter lives, Cap for Bucky etc.) which will be a good character send-off for the older heroes.
- Those who didn't die from the gauntlet will probably stay dead. Loki - defnitely no, he's done as a character, Gamora - I'd like her to come back because GotG should be a fun adventure and they have great chemistry with Pratt but her death in this movie was earned.

Unknown:
- Obviously there'll be a time jump to the point at which Thanos didn't use the gauntlet - will it be before he flicked his fingers or before the gauntlet was created?
- Ant Man and Wasp - how will it tie in? Obviously Captain Marvel is a soft reboot.
- Will any of the old cast survive - personally I'm fine with Thor getting another movie, Ragnarok was fun. Hulk?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Following this thread for sure!

Hope Marvel does a better job protecting spoilers for this movie lol. People had leaked the entire plot for IW months ago and everyone thought they were fake. They even knew about the end credits scene!

My Theories for Avengers 4 (No Spoilers for IW):

-Its going to be called Avengers Forever. This is a great title for the final movie with these characters and paves the way for the next set of Avengers movies being called the New Avengers.
(Makes alot more since than Avengers Disassembled now that we know what happened at the end of IW, but theres a chance that could still be the title.)
-It definitely wont be called Infinity Gauntlet lol.
-This will be the last movie with Cap played by Chris Evans. Maybe even RDJ and Hemsworth. But I expect Marvel to want to work something out with as many of them as possible to make some minor appearances in the distant future. BUT I think at least one of the original Avengers will stick around and shepard in the new team in a advisory role.
-The movie will be LOOSELY based on the limited series called Avengers Forever. Basically the comic is about a team of Avengers that are each selected from a different point in time to come together.
-The other book the movie will probably use a reference would be Hickman's Secret Wars, just without all the Battle World craziness.
-Hawkeye will have been using the new code name Ronin in the time between IW and A4.
-There wont be much time travel shenanigans lol. I expect a very small portion of the movie will involve time travel, but they will pick a time period and stay there for most of the film.
-The movie will probably end with Tony Stark building the Avengers Mansion for the new team and build a statue commemorating the original team, along with the death of Cap.

Regardless of what happens, this will be the final movie with this group of actors. One has already said he will probably never come back, but I fully expect cameos and guest appearances from the rest of the og Avengers going forward.