• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
why invent some Mary Sue to come out of no where and be the reason they win.
It's like some move just to support girl power movement.
rNPcA9B.gif

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess "New Avengers" theory is out since all of Phase 3 solo stars are gone for now.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
lol I see that captain Marvel is already receiving the "MARY SUEEEEE" moniker, never change internet.

Belrathur

Oct 28, 2017
Loki's death was definitely a trick. Can't wait to see them reveal in the end that there was no Thanos, but it was Loki all along ;)

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Loki should stay dead, they did everything they could with his character.
I don't care about Vision and they don't know what to do with him, but now that he's nerfed they could easily resurrect him via Shuri. He even took the time to explain he could exist without the gem.
Heimdall is definitely dead and who really cares tbh.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Might wanna preface these comments about Captain Marvel with "I dont know much about Marvel Comics but _"

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I don't read comics but how powerful Captain Marvel really is? Deus Ex machina powerful like Superman in Justice League?

Also I didn't expect Thor to be so powerful like that with his new hammer, he basically one shotted Thanos at the climax. Is he really that powerful?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hooooh so he is indeed more powerful than Thanos. I didn't expect that.

I also was pretty surprised how OP Scarlet Witch seems to be, destroying an infinity stone and she flipped those multiple giant vehicles like they're nothing.

Well if you haven't realized...

Thor is so OP that he always is somewhere else or gets disabled by something stupid.

See:

- Avengers 1 he did not really warm up with everyone that fast and he also didn't realize his full power here, but he still was the reason they've won or even had a chance
- Avengers 2 gets put away with a filler story
- Thor Ragnarok gets everything taken from him and has to realize that his power was never his true power
- Infinity War gets wrecked without his weapon to channel his power, gets his new weapon and is able to solo the whole army and would have easily killed Thanos

Only Captain Marvel (hopefuly) will be as powerful as him.

Well and Tony with his nano bullshit which I thought was a bit too much with his 1 on 1 with Thanos (even though he didnt have a chance but he tanked too many punches imo).

Edit: Also about Scarlet Witch - in the comics she is like the reality stone (her powers, and she has shown a bit more in this movie too fortunately!) and pretty pretty powerful. One of the most powerful heroes.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Well if you haven't realized...

Thor is so OP that he always is somewhere else or gets disabled by something stupid.

See:

- Avengers 1 he did not really warm up with everyone that fast and he also didn't realize his full power here, but he still was the reason they've won or even had a chance
- Avengers 2 gets put away with a filler story
- Thor Ragnarok gets everything taken from him and has to realize that his power was never his true power
- Infinity War gets wrecked without his weapon to channel his power, gets his new weapon and is able to solo the whole army and would have easily killed Thanos

Only Captain Marvel (hopefuly) will be as powerful as him.

Well and Tony with his nano bullshit which I thought was a bit too much with his 1 on 1 with Thanos (even though he didnt have a chance but he tanked too many punches imo).

Edit: Also about Scarlet Witch - in the comics she is like the reality stone (her powers, and she has shown a bit more in this movie too fortunately!) and pretty pretty powerful. One of the most powerful heroes.

Hahah I honestly didn't expect he completely overpowered Thanos like that, I thought they're gonna brawl or something but Thor just killed Thanos in one shot, if only Thanos didn't cheat at the end.

I enjoy talking power levels like this, hahah.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hahah I honestly didn't expect he completely overpowered Thanos like that, I thought they're gonna brawl or something but Thor just killed Thanos in one shot, if only Thanos didn't cheat at the end.

I enjoy talking power levels like this, hahah.

I am still sad that Hulk and Scarlet Witch are nerfed so brutal. Scarlet Witch could whisper that everyone should die and they just would. Reality bending powers are just too OP though. Also it really seems like there is no unlimited rage power up for Hulk in the MCU which undermindes his character. Maybe Banner and Hulk will talk it out and get this power for the future.

I mean Hulk could punch through time. Maybe they should just make Banner angry as much as they can and let them punch them back in time lol

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the most acceptable brand of sexism or what? It was sickening with Force Awakens and it's just sad now.

I at least somewhat get some of the Force Awakens complaints, I thought Rey power leveled a little to fast but I feel The Last Jedi made it work.

This is literally preemptively complaining that a female character is too powerful before she even freaking shows up. It's kinda ridiculous.

Captain Marvel is gonna be something to see when it comes out.

Oct 27, 2017
His smarts never shown, his genius relegated to other characters, no confidence in anything, barely winning any fights.

In the comics he would kick the shit out of cap and has. In the movies he would have his ass handed to him even with the vibranium on.

Getting owned by monsters while he had his vibranium suit lol.

I forgave the part at the end of BP when he was being attacked by the tribesmen and had his hands up like he was a defenseleas fool, but this time was just like what are his superpowers even?
Because he sure as hell hasn't even trained in all the martial arts.

At this point his general would kick his ass while he had the suit on.

All he is is a useless side character.

Everybody but the powerhouses got owned by the outriders. They were supposed to be overwhelming.

BP had a really good showing in CW. He beat Bucky, and stood toe to toe with Cap(even knocked him off his feet), apprehended Zemo.

I would like to see him be a bit more ruthless going forward tho. As far superheroics go, he will have more films and more chances to shine (especially with the OG people bowing out). I feel like powerlevels and feats change with all these characters from film to film. Look at Thor for example, he started out in the MCU nerfed and nobody really cared for him, he finally got a good showing in Ragnarok and IW and now everybody loves him. Same goes for Cap to a lesser extent, he didn't really shine till WS.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Calling a character we've never seen a Mary Sue is kinda silly, but if Captain Marvel is the reason they ultimately defeat Thanos, there's no way that won't feel like a giant deus ex machina.

I don't think that's their play though anyway. Why keep all the OG Avengers alive for one last hurrah in Avengers 4 only to have some newcomer show up and lead the team and be the most powerful?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I am still sad that Hulk and Scarlet Witch are nerfed so brutal. Scarlet Witch could whisper that everyone should die and they just would. Reality bending powers are just too OP though. Also it really seems like there is no unlimited rage power up for Hulk in the MCU which undermindes his character. Maybe Banner and Hulk will talk it out and get this power for the future.

I mean Hulk could punch through time. Maybe they should just make Banner angry as much as they can and let them punch them back in time lol

I heard the movie makers have said that Captain Marvel is going to be unquestionably the most powerful character in the MCU, damnnn, seeing how Thor manhandled even Thanos, how powerful is she going to be??

Mikey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we're doing set leaks, there was a photo of Renner's costume which bore a strong resemblance to Ronin.

Nov 2, 2017
They better at least introduce Adam Warlock by the time Infinity War 2 rolls around or I'll be very disappointed.

Character's not that obscure, he was very popular in the 70s and 80s, so he might connect with a lot of Baby Boomers.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I heard the movie makers have said that Captain Marvel is going to be unquestionably the most powerful character in the MCU, damnnn, seeing how Thor manhandled even Thanos, how powerful is she going to be??
If her powerset includes energy absorption, all the punches and blows she'd get from Thanos she could throw back at him.

They better at least introduce Adam Warlock by the time Infinity War 2 rolls around or I'll be very disappointed.

Character's not that obscure, he was very popular in the 70s and 80s, so he might connect with a lot of Baby Boomers.
Russo's confirmed, Adam Warlock won't appear.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I agree that I don't want Captain Marvel to just come and beat the shit out of Thanos, not because she's a woman, I wouldn't want that to happen even if it was Sentry or Hyperion. Would just feel like with Superman in JL.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Scarlet Witch reality power in the comics is to do whatever the writer needs. I love the character, but the ppwer is so out there that I don't think it even makes sense to register on a power scale.
She is a skilled sorcerer, but less than Dr. Strange.
Her hex are useful on context, her pew pew are comparable to what she does in the movies.
But when reality alteration enters the equation she might as well be a living reality gem.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There must be some weird time shenanigans I'm missing like Thanos assembles a new army to destroy the past, because the more obvious solution is to visit one of the times when you have the stone in hand and obliterate it.

Tony's garbage disposal solution is still what they went with. Just deprive Thanos of the ability to reverse it.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Part of the appeal of the character of Captain Marvel is that she's sometimes too confident in her powers. She knows she can kick the ass of most people, and she's prone to think brute force diplomacy means she can just right whatever she thinks it's wrong. Instead, sometimes there are a million things you have to consider about the context you're in before kicking the shit out of someone for having a different world view than you is the right choice. Her arrogance/blind idealism in that way (plus her sensitive side when dealing with relationships on earth) is a nice balancing force to her strong powers.

Last edited:

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, she isn't the strongest character and Thor is def the strongest in the comics when compared to her. I don't understand why Fiege was make her more powerful when it's not there in the source material. It's like some move just to support girl power movement. Just comes off weird

Because every character up to this point has been directly adapted from the comics with no changes whatsoever.

/s

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a side thing, but it's real curious that we didn't see the fall of Xandar on screen. (Yet...)

I'd bet that they use that material for a Nova movie in phase 4.

Oct 26, 2017
If there is a time skip, I guess Cpt Marvel has been spending it searching the Universe for farmer Thanos? Assuming she's not been stuck somewhere anyway.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Are they ever gonna do something with Sharon Carter? The SHIELD agent from Civil War, It's been a long time since I've seen it but I felt like they were
foreshadowing something lol

Nov 2, 2017
I don't see him being any part of the movies until Guardians 3. Infinity War 2 is just going to have too much to cover

Like what? In the MCU, all the relevant players are involved in the conflict already. There's not going to be wasted time scrounging up a team. IW2 will likely touch on life on Earth after the snap and then focus on what the plan will be for defeating Thanos (which is where Ms. Marvel is likely to come in, but Warlock could be introduced here, too). Not that much to cover, TBH.

I mean, yeah, it's more likely that Adam Warlock's role will be replaced by Strange. But not having him in this story really feels lacking.