• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you can use the "if it didn't happen on screen it didn't happen" with the MCU. There's plenty of things that didn't happen on screen that carry into the movies continuity. Like those prelude comics for one, they're canon.

I agree with the second part that he wanted an immediate response team as the first line of defence as you cannot count on someone worlds away to step in all of the time.
The Avengers were also able to operate on a worldwide scale whenever they were needed to take on tasks no one else could tackle. So yeah we don't know when or how many times Fury paged her but I think he has one or two times before.

I guess what I mean is "if it hasn't been shown to occur somewhere, then it didn't happen" but I wanted to save some keystrokes. I honestly think, in the Avengers, he probably didn't push it. As I said, I think he wanted to see if the Avengers could handle it. he might've during ultron, tho.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I guess what I mean is "if it hasn't been shown to occur somewhere, then it didn't happen" but I wanted to save some keystrokes. I honestly think, in the Avengers, he probably didn't push it. As I said, I think he wanted to see if the Avengers could handle it. he might've during ultron, tho.

I totally agree, like I quoted him earlier where he was saying that until he knew his team couldn't handle the situation he didn't want to launch a nuke.
He's been wanting to use a response team of special individuals for a while.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Avengers 1 I think surely he'd have called her. Alien invasion? No matter what he's trying to do with his newly formed ragtag bunch of misfit heroes, that is a threat too big to ignore.

But maybe she turns up after its all done and dusted, catches up with Fury over a burger, and heads off into space again? Doesn't have to be a complicated explanation
Can't believe this debate is raging across four threads, haha.

He says the line 'My team can control it' to the security council. He formed this team so that he didn't need to call Carol. He had confidence in them. If they had been defeated - he would've then called her. Same with Ultron.

Infinity War is the first clear sign that they lost - Stark is presumed dead. Cap is off radar and not been seen in ages, along with Bucky, Black Widow and Falcon. Thor and Hulk haven't been seen in years. Fury sees Maria disintegrate and knows this is the time. I don't agree with what Feige said, in that he might have called her and she ignored it. Not in her character set up in the CM movie.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I'd be amazed if Carol has anything to do with the final fight against Thanos. I imagine she'll help them get somewhere or be out fighting his armada as the final battle takes place.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Endgame Coke cans:

1ud3qa6dhcl21.jpg
No suger = No buy
I really want them but I will NEVER buy light/Zero Cokes

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ok no drinks for me - I'm old and I don't think I could do 3 hours without needing a loo break if I have a big drink with me

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long run times affect box office take? Eg if you have a 3 hour movie vs a 2 hour movie, you can probably fit in at least one extra showing a day per screen for the shorter movie.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder how long run times affect box office take? Eg if you have a 3 hour movie vs a 2 hour movie, you can probably fit in at least one extra showing a day per screen for the shorter movie.
Depends on the film. For something like this not very much as they'll just end up pushing it onto more screens if it's 3 hours.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

See Batman v Superman box office against Infinity Wars, BvS was cut down for more viewing times. Dan Thunder is right, that plus people coming back to see it again. Many things factor into it. In the end I think it is all about the movie.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I remember people speculating that Infinity War wouldn't break the opening weekend record because it had 35 minutes more than Jurassic World. Life finds a way though.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the TVTropes page for Endgame and it says Valkyrie and Kraglin are returning in the movie. I know there was a rumour about them being in the movie but was it ever confirmed?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw the TVTropes page for Endgame and it says Valkyrie and Kraglin are returning in the movie. I know there was a rumour about them being in the movie but was it ever confirmed?
Tessa Thompson said she has a movie coming out in April on Twitter awhile back. As far as I know she doesn't have any movies announced for April.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Possible new synopsis from Atom Tickets:

https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/avengers-endgame/284981#info-and-cast

Thanos snapped his fingers in Avengers: Infinity War, and half the life in the universe instantly dissolved. Now a ragged group of surviving warriors, including Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, and the Hulk works to counteract the Mad Titan's genocidal action.

Since our heroes couldn't stop Thanos the first time, what makes them think they can win in a rematch? The answer may be in overwhelming power, thanks to Captain Marvel, or in the tiniest spaces between atoms accessible to Ant-Man. Avengers: Endgame will rewrite the Marvel Cinematic Universe as we know it. When it's all over, nothing will be the same.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how getting some of the power from one infinity stone > having all of them on a person who could beat Hulk to the ground with no help.

Oct 25, 2017
When it's a movie as big as Endgame, most theatres will just show it on more screens at the same time so they can fit in as many people as possible. Late April is going to be a blood bath.

That was going to happen for the most part anyways, and there's a limit to how much expansion you can do. A three hour movie just won't get as much show times as a shorter movie.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how getting some of the power from one infinity stone > having all of them on a person who could beat Hulk to the ground with no help.

It's no different to Wanda. She's clearly more powerful than any individual Infinity Gem despite her power coming from the Mind Gem. It's just more dramatic for Carol because - I assume - it was Kree technology that was used instead of human technology.

There's also the possibility that Thanos can't use the gems fully whereas Wanda and Carol have much better control over their energy and could pull off much greater things. Would make for an exciting turnabout if Carol or Wanda actually took the Space or Mind Gem and used it in ways Thanos could never imagine.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are making Hulk look more like Ruffalo?

He's speculated to be an actual merger between Banner and Hulk, so maybe that's why he looks more like Ruffalo. He should talk like a normal adult, with the intelligence of Banner and the strength of Hulk. Maybe he's even been training with Thor to properly use that strength too? He wouldn't have lost to Thanos if he had any actual technique.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's speculated to be an actual merger between Banner and Hulk, so maybe that's why he looks more like Ruffalo. He should talk like a normal adult, with the intelligence of Banner and the strength of Hulk. Maybe he's even been training with Thor to properly use that strength too? He wouldn't have lost to Thanos if he had any actual technique.

That's hilarious.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I really feel like people are vastly underestimating Thanos. His strength isn't just the infinity stones, he's ridiculously powerful on his own. We don't see him actually fight seriously even once in Infinity War, even on Titan he's not going all out.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
I really feel like people are vastly underestimating Thanos. His strength isn't just the infinity stones, he's ridiculously powerful on his own. We don't see him actually fight seriously even once in Infinity War, even on Titan he's not going all out.
Yup. In GotG, Korath says he is the most powerful being in the universe.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not so much an underestimation of Thanos but that Hulk has basically no limit to his strength. The angrier he gets, the bigger and stronger he becomes. Going by comments from the Russo's, it sounds like Ragnarok gave Hulk a level of awareness he never had before and that's actually cost him that advantage because he isn't angry any more. He wasn't angry against Thanos, right? He was actually already tired of being used to solve Banner's problems violently and losing to Thanos was the last straw.

So I think a smarter Hulk with combat training would actually overpower Thanos.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's not so much an underestimation of Thanos but that Hulk has basically no limit to his strength. The angrier he gets, the bigger and stronger he becomes. Going by comments from the Russo's, it sounds like Ragnarok gave Hulk a level of awareness he never had before and that's actually cost him that advantage because he isn't angry any more. He wasn't angry against Thanos, right? He was actually already tired of being used to solve Banner's problems violently and losing to Thanos was the last straw.

So I think a smarter Hulk with combat training would actually overpower Thanos.
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Hulk has lost multiple times to Thanos in the comics and it's always been a fairly quick loss. Thanos is just beyond any one hero.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Hulk has lost multiple times to Thanos in the comics and it's always been a fairly quick loss. Thanos is just beyond any one hero.

Sure, but this is the MCU. Thanos is nowhere near that strong and the payoff for Hulk losing to Thanos then not fighting again the whole movie has to be that he'll eventually fight Thanos and be the one who overwhelms him?

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but this is the MCU. Thanos is nowhere near that strong and the payoff for Hulk losing to Thanos then not fighting again the whole movie has to be that he'll eventually fight Thanos and be the one who overwhelms him?
At this point, I feel like if any one hero is able to overwhelm him it'll be one of the most disappointing things in the MCU so far.

And I don't know how you can say Thanos is nowhere near that strong in the MCU, as I said in my first post we haven't seen him actually fight seriously with his back to the wall yet.