Oct 30, 2017
It has sold twice as many advance tickets as Aquaman, The Last Jedi, Infinity War, and Captain Marvel combined.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/09/ave...-box-office-records-advance-ticket-sales.html

o-face.gif

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Buddy of mine got 4 tickets for a 7am showing on Friday the 26th. We got two extra tickets and those tickets have already been grabbed by other friends.

Fucking can't wait.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how much more it could have sold if those people on the other ERA thread watched it too. It could have been outselling IW 5 to 1.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely felt big when I was booking mine. My favourite place was completely sold out on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening screenings, while I've had no problem booking for other 'event' movies.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This is insane! I wish I was into the MCU and on the hype train because this movie is going to be huge.

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, these movies continue to surprise me. I was unsure that Infinity War would beat the first avengers and I was unsure that End Game would beat Infinity War but at this rate, who knows.

Marvel are doing fantastically, can only be applauded at this point.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch it opening weekend cause all the good seats/times are taken. Avoiding spoilers will be tough.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Still not a mainstream and or cultural phenom.

Won't be remembered by the generation the way "insert franchise here" was

etc etc etc

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
So glad I preordered as soon as they were announced. I'm not going until Saturday, so I'm seriously going on an internet blackout starting release day.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
In New York City, the AMC Empire 25 — the busiest multiplex in the country — will continue to offer screenings of Endgame every 15 minutes or half hour between 1 a.m. and 5:30 a.m., following the usual Thursday evening schedule and before official Friday showtimes commence.

Holy shit.

I can see Endgame breaking $2 billion easy.

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly I still think this is gonna be crazy frontloaded, have a monster opening weekend, but then end up with roughly the same final total as IW

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
God I'm glad my office just decided to rent out a movie theatre in the morning, I couldn't get any good tickets

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I think Avatar will be hard to beat for now but I can see it staking a claim to the 2nd biggest film of all time.

RDJ must be sat there licking his lips over these articles!

Plum

May 31, 2018
Endgame's biggest challenge is going to keeping sales up 2-3+ weeks down the line. May has Detective Pikachu, John Wick 3, Aladdin and The Secret Life of Pets 2 all vying for the 'mainstream' cinemagoing audience.

If I had to bet I'd say that it's going to absolutely blow up the box office in the first two weeks and then fizzle out slightly with a total only 'somewhat' higher than Infinity War's. It's gonna be a massive film any way you look at it, though.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't make as much as Black Panther domestically and will probably end up just ahead of IW. Some tough competition in the following weeks.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be shocked if this would get close to Avatar.

Titanic losing the #2 spot might be a real possibility though

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Goddamn, the hype is real. The culmination of a decade of work into this three hour money tsunami...

However, I imagine the actual quality/content/outcomes will decide and drive whether it reaches Avatar levels or just ends up ahead of IW. If it's that good/satisfying people will assuradly come back for 2nd (and 3rds) and drive word of mouth like crazy.

Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think people increasingly talking about and valuing ticket presales are driving ticket presales.
Yeah I just talked to a friend who works on an AI of sorts (it's ML, but people know the term AI more) that predicts BO sales, if you don't believe me, see my post here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wk...ers-bring-down-the-panther.31881/post-5985077

(it opened at $28 million, was told ahead of time what their ML model predicted)

You'd think ticket pre-sales would be a big marker for their data model but according to my buddy they've had to practically throw it out as a marker.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
ADIOS AVATAR

TA TA TITANIC

Unfortunately no on Avatar.

It'll do the same $700m dom and $1.3b os as IW. Maybe a little more to get to Titanic though.

I'm also saying it "only" does the same $250m-ish ow as IW. The outpacing in presales will just eliminate the walk up factor and still be the same amount of shows sold out, etc. (less so with the longer runtime). Which is still an insane OW of course lol.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I just talked to a friend who works on an AI of sorts (it's ML, but people know the term AI more) that predicts BO sales, if you don't believe me, see my post here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-3•22-25•18-bp-retires-the-title-as-war-ready-jaegers-bring-down-the-panther.31881/post-5985077

(it opened at $28 million, was told ahead of time what their ML model predicted)

You'd think ticket pre-sales would be a big marker for their data model but according to my buddy they've had to practically throw it out as a marker.
What does the AI say about Endgame

Nov 1, 2017
It's not going to beat Avatar. It's not gonna pull $700m more than the movie it's a direct sequel to, especially with how crowded the blockbuster landscape is this summer.