• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The movie is gonna make me an emtional wreck.

ujvj11d58v221.jpg
Man, time fucking flies. Doesn't feel that long ago sitting in the theater at the midnight for the first Avengers.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just knew that that was gonna be the title.

Personally, love how they're bringing Ant Man in for a big role. He's one of my favorite MCU characters, so that's good to see.

Movie looks awesome.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It just doesn't work with the tone of the trailer, everyone is recovering from the biggest loss of life in the history of the universe and you got Scott going, "Heyo, buddies, it'sa me, Ant-Man."

Just stop and sit in the fucking tone you established at the end of the last movie.
I mean I agree for the most part, but I think Scott is that way because he already knows how to fix it. They probably should have left that part out, but its still just the first trailer, plus they have been known for having some sort of comic relief at the end of most of the trailers.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I got to this thread late because I watched the trailer over and over.

Also Manabyte's breakdown.

Anyway, I'm glad it's here. This time, I get to take the WHOLE family. Just gotta get in there on opening weekend and get the best seats I can get.

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
the throughline is how the characters have personally reacted to the events of thanos's snap. the only joke is at the very end and it's been delivered by a character who missed the serious shit that went down. i think it's a pretty effective, low-key trailer that mirrors audience reactions to infinity war's ending.

You're engaging with someone who thinks the dark knight rises is better than anything in the mcu, in an mcu trailer thread.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Probably not about Thanos per se, but they could still be worshipping "the event" or something like that

Theres a not insignificant amount of people convinced that God's chosen will literally vanish and be raptured into heaven any second now.

You ever been to the rapture ready forums? Thats some scary shit

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It just doesn't work with the tone of the trailer, everyone is recovering from the biggest loss of life in the history of the universe and you got Scott going, "Heyo, buddies, it'sa me, Ant-Man."

Just stop and sit in the fucking tone you established at the end of the last movie.
If this whole trailer is about loss and defeat, Scott showing up and literally rattling the tone of the trailer is perfectly appropriate since he is the one who kicks off the way to undo everything Thanos did.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

But that's Scott character and that segment was after the logo. Just a fun segment.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
What an event this is going to be.

Perfect reveal. Nice swerve back to the originally rumored Endgame title - I like it. I also loved that they basically showed nothing. Opening weekend will be wild if they keep showing nothing in the upcoming trailers. People will want to avoid being spoiled.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, Cap looking at Carter in the locket
makes it seem pretty evident that he's preparing to see her in the past again right?
God, this movie is going to fucking wreck my emotions, isn't it?
What if they decide to tie that in with this scene from Age of Ultron?

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Hold on, is it just me or is that the same music used in the 2nd BvS trailer?

Either way, gonna be goooood. Russo's da gawds.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with them not showing much since obviously this is gonna probably have some departures.

But ehh, between this and the Captain Marvel trailers Disney really didn't bring their A game. Maybe Sony will save them with the Spider-Man teaser lmao.

New GODZILLA trailer on Sunday gonna sit on all of them tho

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I agree for the most part, but I think Scott is that way because he already knows how to fix it. They probably should have left that part out, but its still just the first trailer, plus they have been known for having some sort of comic relief at the end of most of the trailers.

I don't think that's the case at all. I think he's just coming out of the quantum realm, has no idea what happened while he was there, how much time has passed or anything, and that scene of widow explaining that 50% of the population died is her explaining it to him after he comes in the compound. That scene will be early on and he's the reason for the characters to give an brief explanation (reminder for us) of what happened in infinity war, how the world changed in the time between films, and so on.