Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I just watched an Endgame "Post Credits Explained" video and they can basically do what ever they want from here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I'm not saying he was selfishly trying to protect his life. I'm saying his attachments are:
1. his desire to continue his relationship with his family. He loves them fiercely, doesn't want to leave his daughter fatherless, and he wants the chance to continue *being* her father.
2. his related desire to protect his family - a continuation of the theme of protection going back all the way to the beginning.

These two desires / attachments have been clearly developed in the movie and throughout the series (including the maturation of Tony's desire to be a father, starting with his relationship with Peter Parker).

What dr strange wants to ensure is that Tony doesn't get caught up in the "there must be some other way this can work" mindset. If he tells him ahead of time, that's where Tony's mind goes. Instead, the conviction has to come from him.

I think this is the better interpretation because it meshes more cleanly with (and reinforces) the themes and emotional impact of the movie. It fits better overall.

I agree with this analysis. My initial problem is that it's not a difficult choice for Tony, he'll do it even if he must bear the ultimate cost.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, why didn't they just use the stones to revive Tony before putting them back?

…or did no one actually want him back so they pretended not to think of it?
Haha they could've freed Vision from his dependance on the Mind Stone too. Assuming Thanos didn't completely crush whatever held his consciousness.

Could Vision have used the Gauntlet? He isn't organic so his body might've been fine...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The airport scene was always kinda bland.
uXUWmoY.gif

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the Captain Marvel post-credits scene is already out of the canon? When would it have happened?

Or did I miss something and Carol had already come to earth before saving Tony & Nebula? Was she actively searching for him out there?

I figured she responded to the beeper first (bearded cap) and then went off to find Tony with Rocket possibly being able to track his ship to tell her exactly where they are

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh come on guys in 2016, the Civil War airport scene was the shit. It was the most comic book sequence in comic book films.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers Endgame............ I'm still processing the entire movie. HOW THE HECK DID THE RUSSOS PULL THIS MOVIE OFF?!??

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I figured she responded to the beeper first (bearded cap) and then went off to find Tony with Rocket possibly being able to track his ship to tell her exactly where they are

That's exactly how I figured it happened. I doubt she just happened to be flying through space and just came across Tony and Nebula.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it but I guess it was never going to live up to my expectations. I enjoyed Infinity War's narrative much moreso than this one.

I felt this one dragged a bit. I went along for the ride because the characters, dialogue, sound and visuals were all a treat. I think it would've benefited from an intermission but I know time is money.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Oh come on guys in 2016, the Civil War airport scene was the shit. It was the most comic book sequence in comic book films.

It's still the shit, because it's heroes fighting each other over a moral dilemma. And the weight of it is felt in that fight when they first come to blows.

Endgame was fuckin awesome and a satisfying payoff to what came before it, but it was still your typical end of movie heroes vs army of baddies type of fight. Maybe the most badass of its kind, though.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, why didn't they just use the stones to revive Tony before putting them back?

…or did no one actually want him back so they pretended not to think of it?

Doesn't work that way. It harms mortals greatly to use the stones. Unharnessed they're uncontrollable. This was established in GotG where it took the whole group just to touch the power stone. The only reason Strange could use the time stone was because it was harnessed by magic and the artifact. Same with the tesseract, and scepter. The stones killed Tony and critically wounded Hulk even with a gauntlet.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Ebony Maw should have had a more prominent role in the final battle.
He left a strong impression in Infinity War so I think most people would like to see him have a proper mini-fight with spiderman or something.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
She went from a joke to having one of the best written arcs in the MCU.

I liked her character quite a bit.
I'm really glad she got redeemed, lived through it, and joined the Guardians at the end. I kept waiting for her to turn against the team or die so I was pleasantly surprised.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I will say - maybe I was ignorant, especially cause I could have seen time travel coming a mile away - but the Thanos beheading happening in the first 15 minutes of the film was super epic, and totally reset my expectations for the film. I figured that chase was going to somehow be the focus of a majority of the film.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Ebony Maw should have had a more prominent role in the final battle.
He left a strong impression in Infinity War so I think most people would like to see him have a proper mini-fight with spiderman or something.

Some key heroes from the other movies didn't even have any lines, they didn't need to devote any more screen time than they did to The Black Order, or even Thanos for that matter.

I will say - maybe I was ignorant, especially cause I could have seen time travel coming a mile away - but the Thanos beheading happening in the first 15 minutes of the film was super epic, and totally reset my expectations for the film. I figured that chase was going to somehow be the focus of a majority of the film.

I thought I knew what was gonna happen at the beginning of the movie but didn't see that coming at all. Great follow up to Thor's arc in IW and really sets the stage for what comes next.

Thanos destroying the stones makes sense and I figured that's what was going to happen. But I thought he was gonna beat the shit out of them first or something lol, did not expect to see them restrain and brutalize him like that, but Thor losing control absolutely makes sense. And removes Thanos as the clear-and-present danger looming over the movie for a very good chunk so it sets Endgame apart from Infinity War in that respect. And when he comes back into play he's more dangerous than ever. I loved that little "twist," definitely one of my favorite things about the movie's structure and plotting.

Oct 27, 2017
"I am Iron Man" Holy motherfuck.

I can't believe something like this entire cinematic universe could be so well capped off by one film. Just an incredible feat.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Doesn't work that way. It harms mortals greatly to use the stones. Unharnessed they're uncontrollable. This was established in GotG where it took the whole group just to touch the power stone. The only reason Strange could use the time stone was because it was harnessed by magic and the artifact. Same with the tesseract, and scepter. The stones killed Tony and critically wounded Hulk even with a gauntlet.
I was about to say that they could just give it to Srarlord but then I remembered that he killed his alien half when he killed his father.

Then again I'm not sure that Starlord could be trusted with that much power even if he had been capable. He probably would have used the gauntlet to give everyone in the universe DD sized boobs or something.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say that they could just give it to Srarlord but then I remembered that he killed his alien half when he killed his father.

Then again I'm not sure that Starlord could be trusted with that much power even if he had been capable. He probably would have used the gauntlet to give everyone in the universe DD sized boobs or something.
Yes plz

Everyone does boobs first

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Okay, just saw it. Loved every bit of it! Fun (well, not so fun actually) fact: The session I wanted to see, at 9pm was sold out at 8:15pm. Meaning I had to wait almost until midnight to watch it in the following session. Insanity!

Also, thing that's bugging me a bit: who is the kid/young man in the "funeral" scene right before they focus on Captain Marvel and Fury?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
do you ever think about how in this reality, Epic Games monetizes a universal tragedy by allowing gamers to play as a genocidal maniac

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, just saw it. Loved every bit of it! Fun (well, not so fun actually) fact: The session I wanted to see, at 9pm was sold out at 8:15pm. Meaning I had to wait almost until midnight to watch it in the following session. Insanity!

Also, thing that's bugging me a bit: who is the kid/young man in the "funeral" scene right before they focus on Captain Marvel and Fury?
He's the kid from Iron Man 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.