Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Also, another thing that I was left wondering about: Will Loki come back? One of his versions got away with a Tesseract (thanks in part to Hulk's hatred of stairs lol). It's feasible he is up to no good, in that partcular timeline, no? Or does them going back even further to get one "delete" that small accident, per say?

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I did think that it was super lame that with all the potential for time travel and alternate time line shenanagins, they just sort of forget about it and have it all work out so everyone can punch each other

like the version of Thanos that iron man kills probably doesn't even know who he is
The Battle of New York was two years ago, from the perspective of Thanos, so he 100% knows who Tony is.

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Something random I noticed on a repeated viewing -

Tony is asleep at the beginning and end of the film. So that alone is some interesting symmetry. But taking it a step further - he is awakened by being rescued at the beginning, and is put to sleep by rescuing everyone else at the end.

Also, Banner kind of foreshadows what happens to Cap when he is testing out time stuff with Ant-Man. He says "I don't want you to get trapped in the 1950s". And this is basically what Cap does at the end.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I was about to say that they could just give it to Srarlord but then I remembered that he killed his alien half when he killed his father.

Then again I'm not sure that Starlord could be trusted with that much power even if he had been capable. He probably would have used the gauntlet to give everyone in the universe DD sized boobs or something.

The worst reality.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I had this argument with my buddy for like 40 mins, he said I interpreted that scene wrong, I knew I was right. They make it an effort to mention that bringing back all the stones will bring back all the realities to one. In doing so, that creates a ton of loop holes!!!!

Nebula killing herself, 2014 Thanos dying before even getting the infinity stones, Loki disappearing! It leaves too many plot holes once time travel gets involved.
Where are people getting this? Bruce says that they have to bring back the stones AND not meet themselves, making it fairly obvious he was just entertaining the chance of avoiding time paradoxes.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow missed during my first two viewings that fucking Ravagers join in the fight against Thanos and his army.

What a movie.

We're totally gonna get a grizzled Rhodey mentoring Ironheart, aren't we???

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I had time to read 242 pages of this thread, but I don't.

I'd probably find that I was the only person disappointed in the movie.

My eye rolling began when it became apparent that time travel was going to be the answer to fix this.

Time travel are always tricky for me. They can become convoluted and drown under their own weight and I think, at least for me, that's where it went wrong. It began to feel overly long to me when they split off into different teams to get each stone.

Of course, I'll see it again at some point probably when it's available to watch on my own TV at some point and maybe I'll feel different. I kind of felt like I knew what was coming with who died at end and I expected it so it didn't resonate as strongly for me. Cap's ending though was pretty cool but I still have to process it because I have a lot of questions that I'll save for a different thread or until I can do a rewatch.

I do believe though that once the hype wears down, this thing is going to get scrutinized and people may not feel as strongly about it.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Damn now im sad we haven't seen a Red cap exchange :(

Cap opens the case containing the infinity stones. The hooded figure sees the Tesseract in the case and lowers his hood. His face begins to twitch.

Cap, recognizing Skull, says, "A soul for a soul, huh?"

Skull nods absently, his gaze fixed on the Tesseract.

Quick cut to close-in shot of the soul stone. The camera slowly pulls back into an overhead shot showing the stone resting silently on the ground. As we pullback further, we eventually see a black cloak and Skull's empty gaze staring skyward.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the Elevator Scene redux was really special

Captain-America-Reveal-06282016.jpg

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had time to read 242 pages of this thread, but I don't.

I'd probably find that I was the only person disappointed in the movie.

My eye rolling began when it became apparent that time travel was going to be the answer to fix this.

Time travel are always tricky for me. They can become convoluted and drown under their own weight and I think, at least for me, that's where it went wrong. It began to feel overly long to me when they split off into different teams to get each stone.

Of course, I'll see it again at some point probably when it's available to watch on my own TV at some point and maybe I'll feel different. I kind of felt like I knew what was coming with who died at end and I expected it so it didn't resonate as strongly for me. Cap's ending though was pretty cool but I still have to process it because I have a lot of questions that I'll save for a different thread or until I can do a rewatch.

I do believe though that once the hype wears down, this thing is going to get scrutinized and people may not feel as strongly about it.[/QUOTE]

AfraidHorribleCheetah-max-1mb.gif

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've seen people say they thought Carol gave a lot of LGBT vibes in this movie but I thought they strongly hinted at a relationship between her and Rhodes, which they had in the comics.

They share a meaningful glance near the start in the hologram meeting with Black Widow after all.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Endgame didnt have a Thor-arrives-in-Wakanda moment of epic badassery like IW did, but I'll be damned if, predictable as it was from day one last year, everyone getting un-dusted didnt hit me right in the feels.
In terms of the flow of tension in the third act, "Something has entered the upper atmosphere" is it.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've seen people say they thought Carol gave a lot of LGBT vibes in this movie but I thought they strongly hinted at a relationship between her and Rhodes, which they had in the comics.

They share a meaningful glance near the start in the hologram meeting with Black Widow after all.

That's because she knows Rhodey found Hawkeye

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Nebula's character arc wow

As amazing as the MCU has been at translating characters from the comics to cinema, I think Nebula is probably the *best* adaptation. She's really such a minor character in the comics who basically only does one defining thing (steal the gauntlet from Thanos). GotG2 and now Endgame really fleshed her out in a way I totally wasn't expecting.

Also I'd pay to see an entire 2 hour long full movie version of the scenes of her and Tony stuck out in space.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
For me this movie has like a million Thor-in-Wakanda moments.

Like the entirety of the Captain America Mjolnir sequence. This movie had a lot of comic-book-stuff-waiting-to-get-paid-off that finally hit, but that was probably the defining moment of the entire MCU so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.