• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
What did you guys read into the ancient one saying she might have been the one to have made the mistake?

About not trusting hulk giving him the time stone inmediately. Only when she was told that strange handed the stone to thanos, she changed her mind thinking strange did that because she has to give the stone to future avengers.

Also everyone is missing how Scarlet took Thanos one on one and won.

So Scarlet witch is stronger than Dual Wield Thor and America's ass with Mjolnir?

Captain Marvel not joining the heist made no sense.

She said at the begining of the movie in the virtual meeting that she will be absent for a long time because some things to deal on various distant planets. Like she said "i have to deal with numerous planets, and unfortunately, they dont have you guys"

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You took everything from me

I dont even know who you are

You will

2x

Yeah, that was awesome. I loved this line. I really wish each hero got to have a go at Thanos .

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hot take, maybe media should stop doing time travel/alternate timelines from now on. It's never done without the audience questioning the logistics.
I believe they could be written better. It's not the case in Endgame. But it's not impossible.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Way too early to be asking this but I didn't want to make a thread. What kind of "event" film in the MCU would it take to equal or surpass the madness that we're seeing in End Game? I'm talking about the massive hype, anticipation, and box office records it will eventually break over the weekend. Another slow build up to a big bad like Galactus? A adaption of a popular story like Secret Wars? Something else?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I think it's implied that we're really not supposed to care about the "alternate timelines" that were created. I don't really see them digging into that stuff in the future as it would just muddy things up.

I guess as a spin-off like that TV show of Loki being about what happens after he won in The Avengers would be cool though

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Anyone else expected a TRON jeff bridges in the 70s with Starks father?That would have been awesome.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So Loki is alive and there are two Captain Americas now?

Loki from one time line has the stone, as is probably going to be the focus of that Loki show the Disney service is getting.
Cap left the current timeline and grew old without anyone's knowledge. So there's only one of him in our present Avengers time.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Thanos mentioned he destroyed the infinity stones in the present timeline, so yeah it's weird, how the universe is going to be balanced now? If I remember correctly the Ancient one said that if you remove ONE of the stone the timeline is unbalanced, but what if there are no stones? Is this an issue?

i was wonder about this too since 6 stones are part of universe.
IIRC in comics stone still out there somewhere in the galaxy after get destroy (which happened many times)

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The "Carol did nothing" complaints boggle my mind. She travelled galaxies to save Tony and Nebula, then choked busted Thanos on her own, then brought down his whole fucking ship and diverted hellfire to her, then went one on one vs him and made him her bitch. Also prevented a universe ending snap. Tanked the shit out of him, the only thing she couldn't take was a power stone punch to the face.
This movie wasn't about her, but she had a lot of cool moments.
I'm just a bit mad that she was almost not in the movie :( I thought we'd get like 3 hours of OP Carol alongside the original Avengers.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Way too early to be asking this but I didn't want to make a thread. What kind of "event" film in the MCU would it take to equal or surpass the madness that we're seeing in End Game? I'm talking about the massive hype, anticipation, and box office records it will eventually break over the weekend. Another slow build up to a big bad like Galactus? A adaption of a popular story like Secret Wars? Something else?
A The Force Awakens style situation where old actors come back to help against a big bad the newbies can't. Maybe a film like that in 15 years or so.

They will definitely do it at some point in the future. Evans Cap and Tony Stark will come through a portal. Audiences will lose their minds.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Watched the movie again last night and when I was not just enamored by everything, I just see all the plot problems and liberties they took in the movie. It's full of them. It shows they wanted certain scenes to happen and didn't really put a lot of thought on how to get there.

I might have missed something but how did thanos from the past make it to the current timeline without a pym particle? There is a scene with the past nebula offering him one but if she gave it to him then she shouldn't have been able to come back because current nebula had one only.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Guys I think it's implied that we're really not supposed to care about the "alternate timelines" that were created. I don't really see them digging into that stuff in the future as it would just muddy things up.

I guess as a spin-off like that TV show of Loki being about what happens after he won in The Avengers would be cool though

I really wish I could shut off my brain and not care, I really do lol!
But even in the movie they forcefully try to explain that Cap went back to each time line to put the stones back where they belong. Which is all sorts of messy.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
One bummer for me - does this ending imply to anyone else that we're not gonna get more Valkyrie action?

I wanted her up there with Thor and the Guardians :(

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it's possible to surpass.... but I don't need it to either.

A Secret Wars that brings together different versions of the characters and say brings back Evans, RDJ and ScarJo to the MCU for a film or two might get close though

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think if they can do a good job with mutants then Avengers vs X-Men could work. Have the world become so paranoid after what happened with the snap that when mutants appear they are so distrusted that it becomes a massive issue. Maybe make the next big event a more personal one rather than an all powerful one.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
One bummer for me - does this ending imply to anyone else that we're not gonna get more Valkyrie action?

I wanted her up there with Thor and the Guardians :(

I'm with you that she should be part of their crew, but she's still around so I wouldn't count her out!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really loved it overall and can't wait to see it again but 2 things I'm not so sure about is Thor and Hulk.

Fat Thor was funny to start with but the joke just kept going and they turned Thor into a parody of himself. Should have made him normal again by the end, when he gets his mojo back.

Hulk was mostly great and he does get some good moments like using the stones to bring everyone back but no Hulk rage moment and redemption against Thanos in the last battle ?

As a Hulk fan, it's sad to once again see him come across as a weaker version of himself in the MCU and not used to his full potential in battle.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
The destruction of the stones is also an excellent way to introduce more cosmic and mystical stuff,like the negative zone.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
They will definitely do it at some point in the future. Evans Cap and Tony Stark will come through a portal. Audiences will lose their minds.

That's why I brought up Secret Wars. It could be the movie that brings back Cap and Iron Man along with all the current heroes and the X Men/Fantastic Found on top of that. That movie could be maybe 5+ years down the road which is enough time to really get us super excited again if they do make their return then.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Watched the movie again last night and when I was not just enamored by everything, I just see all the plot problems and liberties they took in the movie. It's full of them. It shows they wanted certain scenes to happen and didn't really put a lot of thought on how to get there.

I might have missed something but how did thanos from the past make it to the current timeline without a pym particle? There is a scene with the past nebula offering him one but if she gave it to him then she shouldn't have been able to come back because current nebula had one only.

This bothered the hell out of me too. Especially since they make such a big deal about running out of particles and needing to gather more. They just should've never made that be the case if it's thrown out the window so haphazardly.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Peter and Tony's final scene broke my heart. Tom Holland really knows how to put everything into saying "Mr. Stark".

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
A team up between old and new Avengers, X-Men, and the Fantastic 4?

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Enjoyed the movie, but a few little things that disturbed me

- Peggy met someone and had a family with them. Did Cap interrupt that? I mean preventing someones birth would not be possible according to these rules right? Is he making more timelines?

- When they snapped everyone back into existence was it just the dusted people? What about everyone that died because of the dust (airplanes fall out of the sky which killed people etc.), or the people who killed themselves because their loved ones were gone, the butterfly effect of what happened when that many people disappeared and who you ended up getting marrying and having kids with in those 5 years instead etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.