Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Pacing was off a bit for me. Infinity war was paced so well I gained some more respect for that film because of how time just flew in IW, while I felt every hour of endgame. The last half was great.

Oct 27, 2017
Did no one give a fuck about Black Widow? A couple characters were like 'oh yeah, she's dead', then she was never heard from again. Tony Stark got a huge funeral scene and Black Widow didn't even get a nod

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I gotta say I REALLY did not like the cameo here. I was expecting something much greater if this was indeed his last.
Loved what they did with him in both Captain Marvel and Spider verse though. Those were good in their own rights.
To be fair, they shot Captain Marvel afterwards, so technically, that was his last.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It's better to understand that Hulk's snap brought people back, fixed apocalypse damage and just made things work....

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's an alternate timeline, they state clearly that changing the past doesn't change their present timeline.
I don't believe it is an alt-timeline, I think part of the snap is reality warping and everything just rights itself to fit the current future.

Like, now, in this reality Star Lord gets punched out of nowhere at the start of GotG, wakes up, then ends up stealing the stone and GotG continues as normal.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Did no one give a fuck about Black Widow? A couple characters were like 'oh yeah, she's dead', then she was never heard from again. Tony Stark got a huge funeral scene and Black Widow didn't even get a nod
I was really shocked it wasn't a dual funeral send off. They did her dirty imo

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Well at least Wong showed up this time
I think he actually arranged most of it. I think Strange asks him is this everyone and he replies "You wanted more?!"

He very easily could be the husband Peggy mentioned having, ta-da no issue.

And he'd understand that Peggy has to keep doing what she keeps doing in order ot stay in the timeline
Except that means Sharon Carter never met or even saw a picture of her own uncle and that Hydra/Shield never once looked into who Peggy married.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's interesting as well that they made the point of saying Hulk also tried to bring back Black Widow with his snap but couldn't. Reminds me of the end to Secret Empire where its unclear if she's back or not after dying there.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is Scarlet Witch the strongest Avenger now? She held her own in Infinity War and wrecked Thanos herself in Endgame. Thor is off in space and Hulk might be out too.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is Scarlet Witch the strongest Avenger now? She held her own in Infinity War and wrecked Thanos herself in Endgame. Thor is off in space and Hulk might be out too.
Seeing her go all out was one of the film's best moments. She was wrecking Thanos.

She's always had some of the highest potential.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I loved it. It was perfect. The 3 hours just flew by! I don't know how but this surpassed my already high exptectations.

The Russos REALLY know what they are doing, it's amazing the ammount of characters and callbacks this movie has...but it just all works so well.
Fuck what a great conclusion.

giphy.gif

Excited to see what they do after this, but I really wouldn't be to mad if it all just ended here.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know how to rank Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange.

By the way, if even Hulk gets harmed using the Infinity gauntlet, couldn't they just ask Captain Marvel? That way Tony wouldn't have to die

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's interesting as well that they made the point of saying Hulk also tried to bring back Black Widow with his snap but couldn't. Reminds me of the end to Secret Empire where its unclear if she's back or not after dying there.

I wish they explained this better instead of just brushing it off in this manner.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
We don't know the next roster but when Carol's on it - nope.
I think Wanda hurt Thanos a lot more than Carol did. She made him scream out in pain and legit had him beaten, Carol just got in his way.
Or they knew how to hide his identity from those forces, he did have intel about the future.
How do you hide your identity from your niece for 30 years. Like every time Sharon went to visit Peggy Steve popped out to the shops.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

By the way, if even Hulk gets harmed using the Infinity gauntlet, couldn't they just ask Captain Marvel? That way Tony wouldn't have to die

It wasnt like there was time to go ask her, they were fighting for their lives and the original plan was to send them back in time, not use them again.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Are you talking about Carol snapping instead of Hulk or Tony? Carol was off being Superman in other worlds and Tony ripped the stones off Thanos after Carol took a punch from the Power Stone and was knocked out.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

This is one of the parts that stands out a little for me... but I can chalk that up to it being a battle and the original plan was returning the gauntlet via the time machine so there wasn't much room to think after Thanos suddenly bombed the shit out of everything. It was all a bit relentless from there, and Tony's snap was totally on the fly... which was great, imo, as it showed of the core of his character... someone who is truly a hero and would sacrifice themselves to save everyone.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I liked the subtle moments of Dr Strange making sure things panned out as he foresaw. That moment when he held his finger up to Tony to stop him from finishing off Thanos before allowing him to continue, for example, to really highlight how everything needs to happen at the right moment. Imagine if Dr Strange took his mind off the game for a split second, all would be lost. It's nuts.

I also just remembered the crowd reaction when Cap says "Heil Hydra" in the elevator, hah. Loud gasps for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.