Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Revive Tony? Hulk already survived bringing back 50% of the universe. Putting on the gauntlet and reviving Tony would be no deal for him, before they returned the stones at the end of the movie.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because then someone would kill themselves reviving him and then someone would have to kill themself to revive that person and then

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Once you're starting using them for whatever you feel like doing you're the villain

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Did Thanos use the stones to bring Gamora back?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Revive Tony? Hulk already survived bringing back 50% of the universe. Putting on the gauntlet and reviving Tony would be no deal for him, before they returned the stones at the end of the movie.
Because every time someone's used them, they suffer enormous damage to themselves.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Hulk is permanently damage, another use would have killed him, no one else was strong enough to use the stones

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I don't think it's possible with the infinity gauntlet to revive a previous holder like that. Some kind of cosmic balance, like how you can't bring back Gamora or Black Widow that sacrificed in Vormir either.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Just use the timestone to reverse time on Tony's person, like with the apple in doctor strange.

Or have Captain Marvel do it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
"Your mother is gone. Like really gone. There are some people that are only in a certain way kind of gone"

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Directors said the Hulk is permanently damaged and will effect future movies.

Better question is why didn't Dr. Strange grab the timestone and revive Tony that way. Thanos brought back Vision and a stone that way. People say it would undo the snap but thats not true since Scarlet destroyed the stone/vision and the reversal Thanos did had no effect on her.

Why didn't Captain Marvel just use the Gauntlet? Why wasn't she in the movie at all? Why does she exist? As a vehicle to bring Tony+Nebula's ship back from outer space??

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Marvel: I'm so strong, I can beat up Thanos.

Audience: Here's this gauntlet, Thanos was nearly killed after using it twice so you should be fine after using it once.

Captain Marvel: Sorry, the rest of the universe needs help.

OP
OP

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they ask the Eagles to carry and drop the infinity stones into Mount Doom?

Listen, that one makes sense in-universe. We just finished watching a 3 hour 2 minute movie about the Avengers not taking a loss like this, going as far as to invent time travel to reverse the loss, you're gonna tell me they just casually accepted this?

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA

there's alot of things that could have pretended Thanos from winning in the first movie. But then they wouldn't have a sequel. Also they wanted to kill Tony off for dramatic purposes. It's just a movie.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Hulk tried to bring black widow back and it didnt work
no reason to think it would work for tony

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Tony could be snapped back but nobody can do it, or damage from using the gauntlet is just unfixable; Either works I don't care.
You can't reverse time or reverse Tony because that would involve making him undo the snap.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
They are gonna do that in ten years when they have to hype out how they are bringing back Robert Downey Jr. into the franchise.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tony could be snapped back but nobody can do it, or damage from using the gauntlet is just unfixable; Either works I don't care.
You can't reverse time or reverse Tony because that would involve making him undo the snap.

Yeah, reading this interview it seems that's what's implied. To undo the damage to Tony they would have to undo his action, which means Thanos and everyone is back.

Q: In IW, Thanos used the time stone to reverse the time so he could the already dead Vision, and it didn't cause any time parallax. Why did no one use time stone to save Iron Man's life in EG?
A: It's because even if you save Iron Man, it will still not change the fact that Thanos will eventually win the war. Among the 14 million possibilities that Doctor Strange has seen, Iron Man's sacrifice is a must for that one win scenario.

Otherwise it would make using all the infinity stones non-trivial if you could just have the person do whatever they wanted, then just reverse that damage to them with the time stone.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Listen, that one makes sense in-universe. We just finished watching a 3 hour 2 minute movie about the Avengers not taking a loss like this, going as far as to invent time travel to reverse the loss, you're gonna tell me they just casually accepted this?
Are you seriously equating the death of half the people in the universe to Tony Stark's?

Jamh

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Better question why didn't they just go back in time using the quantum tunnel and grab Tony and Natasha right before the mission started. It worked for Gamora.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos was able to rewind time to bring Vision back.

I'm sure they could have revived Tony if they wanted to. But then they wouldn't have bothered having the stones kill him in the first place.

OP
OP

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you seriously equating the death of half the people in the universe to Tony Stark's?

No, but in Infinity War Captain wasn't going to allow Vision's self-sacrifice to prevent half of the universe from perishing, how is this any different? They had a convenient method of bringing him back right in front of them.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, hello OP. It's a plothole

I'm sure they could have revived Tony if they wanted to. But then they wouldn't have bothered having the stones kill him in the first place.

They answer this in an interview, saving Tony would mean undoing his snap, which means Thanos and his army is back alive. The implication is that you have to undo the action that did the damage in the first place.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

If they use the time stone on tony then his snap would also be reversed and everyone in Thanos army would be back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We all know they are going to use the Infinity Stones to revive Tony in 10 years when Spider-Man fails to defeat Buu anyway, and he'll have to do the fusion dance with Cap.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Because the writers can't afford to let the Infinity Stones just become Dragon Balls, so they're too dangerous to use again.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more weirded out that Cap basically redid the timeline erasing Peggy Carter's entire original family.