Oct 27, 2017
Really glad it seems they nailed her. I am planning on playing this game and the biggest reason is Kamala. After that the campaign which sounds good.

Not interested in the rest of the game but I will play the campaign.

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about this the other day, but I kinda wish she ends up getting her own film instead. I did hear that the plan was to make a TV show with her by Marvel Studios but I am hoping that a conjunction of factors, the character breaking out in this game being one of them, make them consider going with a film instead. I just think it's important that she gets the big screen treatment, and the character already proved with this game that she can carry a big production with ease.
Tv is much better to introduce her in because it will have so much more time to develop different aspects of her and not just a rushed origin->central conflict->climax.
They already said we are likely to get her in movies after that.

Thats honestly what i'd even want them to do for the X-Men as well,
Separate tv series, followed by movies(solo or team ups)

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I always hated the Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel names because it seemed to so on the no using the brand name, but that means I never gave the characters a chance. Ms Marvel seems awesome in the avengers though and I cant wait to play through her story

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
As a South Asian myself, she felt so authentic. I felt represented in a way I never believed was possible in a video game.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My only interest in this game is because of seeing a Muslim protagonist, it's very rare. Some might say the first Assassin's Creed but it's quite vague compared to the level of representation presented here.

Do you get to visit Kamala's house in-game or the places she hangs out, or are they in just cutscenes? That would be cool if the places are playable, gives the cosy atmosphere and family vibes.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
My only interest in this game is because of seeing a Muslim protagonist, it's very rare. Some might say the first Assassin's Creed but it's quite vague compared to the level of representation presented here.

Do you get to visit Kamala's house in-game or the places she hangs out, or are they in just cutscenes? That would be cool if the places are playable, gives the cosy atmosphere and family vibes.
Without going into spoilers, YES. And it's awesome. And something about you've just mentioned made me think about a direction that this game could go that it would be pretty wild if they did.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Without going into spoilers, YES. And it's awesome. And something about you've just mentioned made me think about a direction that this game could go that it would be pretty wild if they did.
YES that's awesome to hear! Props on the devs for putting the work into the domestic life and not just the action missions.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I really hope we get to meet Kama's Family in expansions, we get to meet her dad who's the best but her whole family is amazing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly, I wish that Crystal Dynamics doubled down on Ms. Marvel & made a single-player game solely about her. It's clear that she's the best part of the game anyway. They could have beaten Marvel Studios to properly adapting Kamala's origin story.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've loved Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel ever since she was introduced back in 2014, and I urge anybody who has been introduced to her by the game, to go and read her series from its beginning. It's one of the few "New Heroes" Marvel has gotten 100% on-point, on level with Miles Morales.
I really disagree that its "few." Marvel has done a super good job in the last couple decades.

Movie/TV/Games starring tier
Miles
Kamala
Laura/Wolverine
Spider-Gwen
The Runaways
Jessica Jones
Shuri

Ready for the movies
Kate Bishop/best hawkeye
Billy/Wiccan
Teddy/Hulkling
America Chavez
Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider (was in agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but idk how big the role was)
Cindy Moon/Silk(tbh probably not ready for the movies but sony thinks so and i still like her)

Others
Amadeus Cho/Hulk
Gwenpool
Gabby/Honey Badger
Viv Vision
Nadia Van Dyne/Wasp
Lunella/Moon Girl

Theres others that i've seen other people get excited about but these are just the ones i'm familiar with

I actually bought the game cause I expect to see multiple of these characters as at least echo characters (Kate is a given). and ofc for Kamala

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I really disagree that its "few." Marvel has done a super good job in the last couple decades.

Movie/TV/Games starring tier
Miles
Kamala
Laura/Wolverine
Spider-Gwen
The Runaways
Jessica Jones
Shuri

Ready for the movies
Kate Bishop/best hawkeye
Billy/Wiccan
Teddy/Hulkling
America Chavez
Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider (was in agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but idk how big the role was)
Cindy Moon/Silk(tbh probably not ready for the movies but sony thinks so and i still like her)

Others
Amadeus Cho/Hulk
Gwenpool
Gabby/Honey Badger
Viv Vision
Nadia Van Dyne/Wasp
Lunella/Moon Girl

Theres others that i've seen other people get excited about but these are just the ones i'm familiar with

I actually bought the game cause I expect to see multiple of these characters as at least echo characters (Kate is a given). and ofc for Kamala
Riri is rumored to be getting a Disney+ show, so there's also her. Plus there's Moon Girl's upcoming cartoon.

Nov 1, 2017
That's amazing to hear, I really want to pick up the game now, Kamala has been representation I never even dreamed had a chance. My biggest worry is how they're going to handle her in the future. I've felt burned time and time again when the arc they throw for Muslim characters is "see how much good ignoring your faith has brought to you?". I've only gone through the Omnibus and I feel happy and cautiously optimistic, I want to see more.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Theres also something to say for modern representation. Being trans, having a character way in the past or future be trans wouldn't be too relatable aside from the generic "seeing someone like you." But someone in the modern times, that suddenly allows for the character to experience and do the same things that I do.
Its so nice to see more and more groups feel represented recently
Riri is rumored to be getting a Disney+ show, so there's also her. Plus there's Moon Girl's upcoming cartoon.

Nice :) tbh i really expected that disney would ignore moon girl but i'm glad they're not

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Oh yeah! didn't she look like Carol for a bit right after she got her powers? Been a while since I've read the book

Yeah. She stopped using her powers to completely transformed after she got hurt in a fight and notice her healing factor can't be used when she transformed. Which is when she made her own costume and just only embiggens a part of her body at times.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Honestly, I wish that Crystal Dynamics doubled down on Ms. Marvel & made a single-player game solely about her. It's clear that she's the best part of the game anyway. They could have beaten Marvel Studios to properly adapting Kamala's origin story.

A solo game for her like the upcoming Miles Morales one would be really sick. You know what to do, Marvel Games division.