apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Just rebeat the first game. I'm excited to play this one. In like a year when I'm sure it has all it's patches/updates

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing 1 again, got some power ups, think I may dive into this some more now.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
It looks worse aestheticslly than the first. Also moving away from the gunplay for more melee focus? Hope it all works out
Honestly I think it looks way better, at least in the Earth sections (Breach looks about the same). Might be personal taste though, I didn't really jive with the first game's asthetic.

And while the gunplay in the first was pretty good, I prefer melee in general. I wasn't a huge fan of the first game but this looks more up my alley

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I need to finish the first game before this comes out. I played at PS4 launch, so chances are I will restart a playthrough lol.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
First trailer that made me excited for the game since the initial reveal. I can accept the overworld art change more easily now.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
OK, this looks so cool that I just bought the first one.
How hard is it?
It's not really a hard game. Pretty in-line with a standard Metroid in terms of difficulty. Might be a handful of tricky spots you'll want to lookup a guide for help, but the bosses usually don't take more than 1 or 2 tries (and usually have save spots close by), and the regular combat isn't too hard especially after you start upgrading your health.

I'd say the most challenging bits are trying to get some of the optional upgrades or collectibles, but those are challenging in more of a puzzle solving way and I find them pretty fun.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what a trailer means when Tom literally says in the PS Blog announcement that the game is coming to PlayStation on Day One:

blog.playstation.com

Axiom Verge 2 lands on Earth this summer, coming to PlayStation

First details on the new protagonist, setting, and tone of the retro-inspired sequel.

I am excited to confirm here and now that the PS4 version will be available on day one. I am going to try my best to get the PS5 version ready for launch, but that might take a bit longer since I really want to take advantage of that in-game hints system!