Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
well. Chris Matthews getting upset over Trump's irresponsible leadership and saying on his show that Trump is directly or indirectly responsible for those deaths. An article in the Sun and the NY Post with a color corrected tangerine hued picture of Trump in a mad hatter hat, saying "drink this poison, it will cure you". MSNBC going over all the Trump "truth mistakes" and discussing how they have led to bad outcomes. Maybe a New Yorker cartoon. Or someone from the Wall Street Journal editorial and opinions pages just asking worried questions.

Those would be a nice start. I did originally literally say newspapers. and not randos on social media.
Sorry, I guess I just get triggered when I see the word Obama, I tend to not be a fan of people trying to glorify his presidency. I don't understand why one needs to bring up Obama/put him on a pedestal in order to criticize Trump. It makes it seem like Trump alone is the problem, when in reality he is a part of the problem.

Deleted member 13628

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, isn't this a prescription drug? Did they get a prescription for it and take the dose that the Dr prescribed?

Or did they drink aquarium cleaner? If the latter, that's nobody's fault but their own.

Or are we at the point as a society where we have just zero expectations of agency for people?
They drank aquarium cleaner.

It's not just Trump's fault. Plenty of people, including on this forum, were making unfounded claims on this drug's efficacy based on some flimsy small scale clinical trials. Laypeople really need to step back and stop spreading misinformation all over the internet. Doctors and scientists are figuring this out right now. If a medication looks like it can treat the virus, you will know about it.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe people are excusing Trump. This is completely on him as well as all future chloroquine poisonings which we all know will happen. He definitely mentioned the drug and his propaganda network has been peddling this is a miracle cure since he did. Google Fox News and chloroquine together and look at all those articles including the one I linked earlier which basically says its the same as the aquarium cleaner!

They drank aquarium cleaner.

It's not just Trump's fault. Plenty of people, including on this forum, were making unfounded claims on this drug's efficacy based on some flimsy small scale clinical trials. Laypeople really need to step back and stop spreading misinformation all over the internet. Doctors and scientists are figuring this out right now. If a medication looks like it can treat the virus, you will know about it.

Trump is not a layperson. He is the president of the united states and mentioning any medication by name when people are desperate causes all sorts of problems. This is definitely on Trump

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I guess I just get triggered when I see the word Obama, I tend to not be a fan of people trying to glorify his presidency. I don't understand why one needs to bring up Obama/put him on a pedestal in order to criticize Trump. It makes it seem like Trump alone is the problem, when in reality he is a part of the problem.
I guess you had to live through the Obama Presidency down here and literally have the news constantly checking him and questioning him, from both sides of the political aisles. Obama was far from perfect, or even great, or even good. He was solidly 'just OK'. But he faced so much cultural opposition in addition to the political opposition, and I wish Trump got even a little taste of that from anyone but Democrat die-hards. Once the shine wore off of Obama, all he got was "can he do the job?" type hypotheticals from Americans "just asking questions".

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I can't believe people are excusing Trump. This is completely on him as well as all future chloroquine poisonings which we all know will happen. He definitely mentioned the drug and his propaganda network has been peddling this is a miracle cure since he did. Google Fox News and chloroquine togetehr and look at all those articles including the one I linked earlier which basically says its the same as the aquarium cleaner!

Trump is not a layperson. He is the president of the united states and mentioning any medication by name when people are desperate causes all sorts of problems. This is definitely on Trump

Yea, this is really important to remember. When you're the President of the United States of America every word is a statement. This is exactly why folks need to be extrememly mindful of what they say. There are a LOT of people out there that really don't know better and when they see/hear/read their president telling them something they take it as fact.

This is sad. I'm not going to mock this person's death. They obviously made a terrible mistake and their family is grieving.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess you had to live through the Obama Presidency down here and literally have the news constantly checking him and questioning him, from both sides of the political aisles. Obama was far from perfect, or even great. But he faced so much cultural opposition in addition to the political opposition, and I wish Trump got even a little taste of that from anyone but Democrat die-hards. Once the shine wore off of Obama, all he got was "can he do the job?" type hypotheticals from Americans "just asking questions".
Yes, there was a lot of racism directed at Obama, that Trump doesn't have to deal with. Trump also appeals much better to far-right sympathizers. Obama was also a two-term president though, and it's just impossible to do that without having favourable positions with very powerful people. It also requires continuing the American military complex and capitalism which are inherently violent. I guess I'm derailing the thread though, this is really about Trump and how he has horribly mismanaged the coronavirus situation, because, as I mentioned, his primary motive is to promote capitalism and he was hoping this would just blow over but now that the economy is in danger he has to.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
So shitty. Hope the woman turns out ok.

Would be curious if she could then shed light on why they decided to do this.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
How much did the fuckers take? Hydrochloroquine is being trialed as a treatment AND as a prophylactic in many hospitals as we speak.

Edit: Oh, they didn't take the medication, but fish aquarium cleaner. Lol.

Probably too much. Problem is the hydrochloroquine is an effing dangerous drug. Cuases QTc Prolongation and has shown its linked to causing TdP, a potentially fatal heart rhythm. When trump mentioned Zpack along with it, that ALSO prolongates the QTc and even tho it does not cause TdP, taking the other med does. The longer your QTc is, the higher the risk.

Our president is so dumb, he does not know he is killing people (or does he)

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Trump isnt a doctor or an expert on anything. He certainly didnt prescribe aquarium cleaner to these clowns.
Trumps behavior is reckless and dangerous but it doesnt absolve people of personal responsibility.

Of course not, but as POTUS, people will listen to what he says. Hence, why him not being a doctor or expert while touting the wonders of a drug during a pandemic is a problem.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Vietnam also:

Hanoi man OD's on rumored malaria drug cure for Covid-19

The unidentified man took 15 chloroquine pills, before exhibiting symptoms including vomiting, respiratory failure and hypotension. He was taken to a local hospital for emergency treatment, before being transferred to Bach Mai Hospital on March 7, said Nguyen Trung Nguyen, director of Bach Mai's toxic management department.

Chloroquine cannot be prescribed without a doctor's recommendation, so people should not buy and use them themselves, stated the Health Ministry. Vietnam has not used chloroquine to treat Covid-19, neither has the ministry recommended the drug to prevent the disease, it added.

Rumors that chloroquine could be used to treat Covid-19 have surfaced after U.S. President Donald Trump on March 19 called on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to streamline the regulatory approval process for generic antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment for Covid-19, Reuters reported. FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn at the time said his agency was working quickly to examine all possibilities.

Hydroxychloroquine is a less toxic derivative of chloroquine.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump isnt a doctor or an expert on anything. He certainly didnt prescribe aquarium cleaner to these clowns.
Trumps behavior is reckless and dangerous but it doesnt absolve people of personal responsibility.

Trump goes on national television to tell his listeners that doctors tell him he has a natural knack for medicine, that they're amazed at how much he knows about medicine, and about how if he didn't get into slum lording, he would have been a doctor. He also claims that he is naturally gifted at medicine because he has 'good genes'.

No, he's not an expert. But he routinely claims to be one.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Don't take drugs your doctor hasn't prescribed. Don't drink aquarium cleaner. Don't take 15 of ANY pill.

This drug may not work, but I don't think it will kill people who take one. But only if their doctor recommends it.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Title is not misleading at all.

Trump talks about "chloroquine" - people take chloroquine and kill themselves.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't exactly trusting Trumpers with being able to tell the difference between chloroquine phosphate, chloroquine diphonsphate, and hydroxocloroquine. My conservative grandmother couldn't tell you what the hell an ibuprofen was but she'd be able to spot the difference between an Advil and a Motrin..

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I can't believe people are excusing Trump. This is completely on him as well as all future chloroquine poisonings which we all know will happen. He definitely mentioned the drug and his propaganda network has been peddling this is a miracle cure since he did. Google Fox News and chloroquine togetehr and look at all those articles including the one I linked earlier which basically says its the same as the aquarium cleaner!

This is exactly why I take issue with him shooting his mouth off at 3am on Twitter. He still doesn't understand his position and responsibilities when holding office. He literally just wants all the power of the office without any accountability for the things he does and says. People still heed his words even against their better judgement. All because he sits in th he oval office.

Nov 1, 2017
This is tragic. RIP. These people were victims of misinformation... imagine if your grandparents poisoned themselves because of bullshit the president said.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

Her husband is dead & she's in the ICU after ingesting chloroquine:

"We saw Trump on TV -- every channel -- & all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said.
"Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

She implored @VaughnHillyard: "Educate the people" https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1242212084647104514 …

The couple did not have coronavirus symptoms but took the chloroquine phosphate as a preventative measure. They feared contracting coronavirus.

The couple each mixed 1 tsp of chloroquine phosphate w soda.

-Within 20 minutes, they began experiencing severe sickness & called 911

"I was in the pantry stacking dog food and I just saw it sitting in the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?' And it was."

Hillyard interviewed her from her hospital bed over the phone:

"This is the most horrible day of my life. And

it feels like, like my heart is broken and it'll never mend. It's just broke--dead. Like my husband."

"I'm 61. My husband is 68. We're healthy. No, no, underlying--no diabetes or lung issues. Nothing."

"Oh my God. Don't take anything. Don't believe anything.

Don't believe anything that the President says and his people because they don't know what they're talking about. And don't take anything--be so careful and call your doctor. This is a heart ache I'll never get over."

8:05 PM - Mar 23, 2020

Vaughn Hillyard @VaughnHillyard

"My husband was my whole life...please educate the people."

Just spoke with this Arizona woman. She's still in ICU. Please send her prayers & good energy.

I'll be posting more from our phone interview. https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1242212084647104514 …

7:46 PM - Mar 23, 2020

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

"We saw Trump on TV -- every channel -- & all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said.

She implored @VaughnHillyard: "Educate the people" https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1242212084647104514 …

The couple did not have coronavirus symptoms but took the chloroquine phosphate as a preventative measure. They feared contracting coronavirus.

"I was in the pantry stacking dog food and I just saw it sitting in the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?' And it was."

it feels like, like my heart is broken and it'll never mend. It's just broke--dead. Like my husband."

"I'm 61. My husband is 68. We're healthy. No, no, underlying--no diabetes or lung issues. Nothing."

Don't believe anything that the President says and his people because they don't know what they're talking about. And don't take anything--be so careful and call your doctor. This is a heart ache I'll never get over."

Just spoke with this Arizona woman. She's still in ICU. Please send her prayers & good energy.

I'll be posting more from our phone interview. https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1242212084647104514 …

Jesus I'm crying right now.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

Jesus.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for her, but the idea of someone thinking they can just put a teaspoon of tank cleaner in their cola and not be poisoning themselves is beyond any fda approval issue. It's the wrong stuff, and even if it's the right stuff they didn't even think about the amount? It's on the level of someone trying to drink bleach or something.

It's not like I think Trump wouldn't pull some kind of Jude Law in Contagion move, but this is even beyond that in terms of the ignorance involved on the part of this poor couple.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

I can't.

this needs to be in OP wtf

Nov 1, 2017

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

Imagine realizing you were fooled and it cost you what you knew and loved.

Imagine having to live in that world.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
All of the media who broadcast his bullshit for rstings without correcting dangerous statements should eat shit for this.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

One teaspoon of the stuff. Jesus.

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, isn't this a prescription drug? Did they get a prescription for it and take the dose that the Dr prescribed?

Or did they drink aquarium cleaner? If the latter, that's nobody's fault but their own.

Or are we at the point as a society where we have just zero expectations of agency for people?

They literally got the idea from the highest elected official in America. A position so powerful that their comments move markets and demand attention in primetime.

Yeah, people with megaphones should be conscientious of morons who believe them

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meghan Markle: Eats avocados

Daily Mail: IS.MEGHAN MARKLES FAVOURITE SNACK FUELLING FAMINE AND DRUG WAR???1?1!!!??

Donald Trump: This drug is FDA approved against covid 19.

*people die using drug infact not approved by fda*

Daily Mail: It doesnt look like anything to me.

On a serious note. The president of the United states of America can go on international television during a pandemic where people are scared for their lives, lie about the existence of a re which leads to actual.loss.of.life, and the majority of voters wont actually care.all that much.

That's pretty fucked up.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Heidi Przybyla @HeidiNBC

Ugh, this is awful. Just awful. :(

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Who was it in the other thread who said they already take it or were married to someone who takes it?

Does this track?

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Yes, the couple fucked up royally here, of course they did. That doesn't absolve Trump of his part in what happened. They paid with their health and one of their lives, Trump is still spouting his usual brand of uninformed, idiotic bullshit from the point of highest authority. Boris Johnson is a fucking idiot, but you don't see him spouting off vagaries about untested drugs, because that shit is irresponsible in the extreme. Especially among a base like Trump's who believe the sun shines out of his arse.
People are panicky and make mistakes, that doesn't mean it's in any way excusable to give them the ammo they need to do damage. Trump is directly responsible here, end of story, just like any snake oil salesman is guilty of taking advantage of the desperate.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My God, they ingested an aquarium cleaner and didn't even have coronavirus? This was so stupid.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
I expect more from an adult than to drink fish tank cleaner. But hey, carry on with the misleading thread.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There is every indication that people will be taking one of these drugs in some capacity in relation to the coronavirus in the future. No one should self-medicate though. My sister did that and almost killed herself. My mother's friend did that and did kill herself.