• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i used a Tbstk for my auxiliary gun on my flagship BB at the 10-1 boss and it made things a whole lot easier.

On another note the light construction pool is a total mess now, thankfully i got my Aurora before today.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It took me a long time to get my first Aurora (maybe sometime last week) and then suddenly I was drowning in Auroras. I've now pulled enough that I can MLB her without using any Bulins.

Made 50 pulls on light construction today. Got Mullany x3, Chaser, Chang Chun, Tai Yuan x2, and Curacoa so far. Along with another Bel and an obscene amount of 3ds.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I made fifty draw yesterday and no Aurora. I guess I need to concede on her.

10 more pulls and got Yat Sen, so only Tai Yuen left now I think?

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the light pool is the best it's been in ages. While the chances of Aurora are temporarily lowered, there is a ton of limited stuff to pull for. After the event, pretty much every ship that's been added is getting removed, so the Aurora chance will return to normal, but on the flip side there'll be much less of note to build from it.

I've managed to build all the limited ships today before my coins ran out with the exception of Chaser, which sort of annoys me because Chaser and Yat Sen were the ones I really wanted out of the bunch lol. (~140 cubes used) Also got a couple of the other light ships I was missing. Unfortunately no Aurora, but meh, she's always there, and will come eventually. She only really matters for PVP anyhow, and PVP is a joke of horribly imbalanced constantly shifting META that I lost interest in after achieving the highest ranking once. Now I just casually farm it for points to buy bulins.

So now I have 2 weeks of Sandy hell awaiting while trying to nab Chaser. At least she's good for dismantling for medals.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Portland refit.

Also a reason to do some more Light builds as that is where all my missing no-drop ships are.

And the loading screens just get lewder and lewder.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I am having trouble keep Graf Spee from self destruct in auto. I guess I will just need to put in a higher level ships.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I am having trouble keep Graf Spee from self destruct in auto. I guess I will just need to put in a higher level ships.
Wouldn't that just be the difference between an S and A rating? A clear is a clear here unless you're looking to farm the drops. Personally I'd just get my clears in to get Graf as cheap as possible and then focus time and oil elsewhere. Can also use it to level ships since it's relatively low level content.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I want the gold magnetic torpedo although I am not sure if rank affect that. And it is also a nice place to level up all my low level ships as you mentioned.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
S rank may affect the equipment design drop chance, so I guess if your intent is to grab those it might be worth it. My experience with farming for those torps during the first event they were available has turned me off from ever doing such again. I'll grab em if they're a shop reward, but I'm not going to waste time with RNGing something where I can end up with less than one complete build and then not have the ability to farm it again. If I can't farm the design on a normal map, I'm not touching it any more than I need to.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Got Yat Sen, so I'm good. I'd like to get Curacoa (sp?) and Mullany but I'll probably do at least one Light Construction a day for St. Louis/Aurora anyway so maybe I'll get lucky.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
After a bunch more builds I finally got Curlew, so that's both of the new maids taken care of. Only Yat Sen is left for me, and I'll be far more patient about getting her.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Oof my guild is having a time right now

bikPSR6.png

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Considering there's all of two ships that'll show up on that list when building light, that's not surprising. I got 8 of her today lol.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm practically positive that Sandy has some sort of hidden bonus rate-up all the time. Theoretically it should be a 50/50 split between Belfast and Sandy on that tier of ship when building on the light pool as those are the only two of that tier, yet as the build logs show, you're looking at like a 10 to 1 ratio of Sandy to Belfast in construction.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I agree about the hidden Sandy rate-up. I got one Bel today and at least six Sandies. Probably more, but I wasn't counting.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Of the last 16 light builds of that tier for me, 15 have been Sandy lol. (One benefit of being the only active person in my Guild is that I have the persistent build log to myself.)

I mean, my rate is extreme, but there's definitely an increase in Sandy server wide vs Belfast. Before this event I wasn't sure if it was indeed a rate difference because Sandy is in more than Light build. I could just have Sandy magnet RNG, and other people could be building something other than light and having her show up that way. With this event though where everybody is hammering light build for the limited ships, the few people doing something else could be dismissed as statistical noise - particularly at the beginning of the day. So far today there has only been like one time I've noticed more Belfast than Sandy visible on the list.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Was aiming for Graf Spee and instead I got Hood finally(only took 4 builds). So now my plan is to finish leveling Elizabeth and her and they can join Warspite in one of my formations' backlines!

Also went all in on Portland and retrofitted her since this is one of my most wanted retrofits. Her and Indy are the exact same level(90) too.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
You can just do the SP3 event to get Graf Spee. Save yourself some cubes into the light hell pool.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say you're lucky, but it doesn't matter to me in practice any more. I've long since MLB'd both, so either result is immediate fodder for medals.

Edit:
Got Chaser today, and finished up farming the 60 runs of SP3 for Graf Spree. Now I'm back to cube conservation mode for Winter's Crown and farming regular stages. Can also start using coins for retrofitting Ning and Ping instead of doing dozens of ship builds.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
16 more build for Tai yuan. I am done. I think about 80 build total for all ships.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
16 more build for Tai yuan. I am done. I think about 80 build total for all ships.
Probably took around 200 builds for me. Got to at least triplicate of every other event ship before Chaser decided to show up. Was starting to get worried as I got close to my 200 cube reserve for major event builds.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
They really went all out for Lunar New Years, which I guess makes sense from Chinese devs xD
in some Chinese forum people complain usually, games simply gives out freebie during major festival. Meanwhile AL gives you a hell pool with lots of ships in the gacha and that's not very festive.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon now. AL has probably the most generous rolling rates of any gacha game and plenty of freely distributed cubes to do the rolls with. You quite literally don't need to pay for anything other than skins if the cubes are rationed in non event periods. Despite the generous rates, they are still giving multiple ships away in this event. Graff Spree, Fu Shun, and An Shan are all available via non-gacha means during this event. Then there's Kiseragi's and Kimberly's skin that are also attainable via free and non-gacha means. On top of that they're also giving away free gems, oil, coins, designs, etc in the momopoly game that gives Kimberly's skin.

And really, building light isn't any worse than the event build pools. There's a lot more ships to dilute the pool, but each build costs half as many cubes, and less than half the coins. You can have 2x the dilution of the pool for the same effective roll cost. The only thing that made this event somewhat harder is that there's a whopping 8 ships to build where most events don't have that many as construction only.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
The problem with gacha in this game isn't the cubes. It's the gold. I'm always starved for gold.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
That can be alleviated to an extent by preparing ahead of time for events. Try to be over the soft cap on coins the day before the event and be maxed at the merchant reserve. In my case that's over 70k coins going in which is at least 11 10-builds right at the start of this event. Passive regeneration would allow another 10 pull each following day. Commissions and farming would boost that further. For a 14 day event that'd be around 28 10-builds without even factoring commissions. That's 280 cubes. Commissions would push it into the 300s easy. That sort of building is going to stress most people's cube supplies, so it's not like coins super restrict your ability to build. I'm aware that not everybody is going to have the cap levels that I do, or the regeneration rate, but the lower level people also aren't going to have massive stashes of cubes generally speaking.

That said, coins are used for more than building, so you'd have to slow down on other things that use them while doing the build gacha. It's a necessary evil, but one that only lasts until you get everything you want. I had to delay work on retrofitting Ning and Ping until I got the builds done. Now that that's out of the way, I can start spending coins freely again for progression.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously cannot get Kimberly so I can make use of the event skin. I don't know how much I've pulled but it's been a lot. I'm just missing Chang Chun from the Elite pool, but I can't believe I haven't gotten Kimberly or Curlew from all of these builds, especially considering they're only rare and with a 3.5% rate-up. The desire sensor is real.

I did manage three San Diego though!

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously cannot get Kimberly so I can make use of the event skin. I don't know how much I've pulled but it's been a lot. I'm just missing Chang Chun from the Elite pool, but I can't believe I haven't gotten Kimberly or Curlew from all of these builds, especially considering they're only rare and with a 3.5% rate-up. The desire sensor is real.

I did manage three San Diego though!
There's your problem. You only got 3 Sandy! You obviously haven't paid enough Sandy tax to get the rest of the ships.

Seriously though, that's rather bad luck. I was retiring extra Kimberly, Curlew and Curacoa just so I'd have room for the 10-builds to get the other ships. That said, there's still plenty of days to get her, and in the worst case basis where you somehow don't get her, you're not missing out on an exceptional ship or anything. She's probably the worst Fletcher given the entirely useless AA boosting skill.

I mean Curlew and Curacoa are oddballs with their two AA guns and AA centered skill, but at least those are CLs with decent AA to begin with and could potentially have niche uses. I can't see ever putting Kimberly in an active fleet for any reason other than to level her for the hell of it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There's your problem. You only got 3 Sandy! You obviously haven't paid enough Sandy tax to get the rest of the ships.

Seriously though, that's rather bad luck. I was retiring extra Kimberly, Curlew and Curacoa just so I'd have room for the 10-builds to get the other ships. That said, there's still plenty of days to get her, and in the worst case basis where you somehow don't get her, you're not missing out on an exceptional ship or anything. She's probably the worst Fletcher given the entirely useless AA boosting skill.

I mean Curlew and Curacoa are oddballs with their two AA guns and AA centered skill, but at least those are CLs with decent AA to begin with and could potentially have niche uses. I can't see ever putting Kimberly in an active fleet for any reason other than to level her for the hell of it.
Yeah, it's shocking considering how I dodged them so far, haha.

I know they're not the best ships (especially Kimberly, as you pointed out) but I still want em' for my collection! I didn't manage to build Ping and Ning (somehow), so along with Yat I can build their fleet, so that's a consolation. RNG is very strange sometimes.

I'll still keep with the daily builds and see how things go. I look forward to more Sandy.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's shocking considering how I dodged them so far, haha.

I know they're not the best ships (especially Kimberly, as you pointed out) but I still want em' for my collection! I didn't manage to build Ping and Ning (somehow), so along with Yat I can build their fleet, so that's a consolation. RNG is very strange sometimes.

I'll still keep with the daily builds and see how things go. I look forward to more Sandy.
I assume you mean you did manage to build Ping and Ning, which is a good thing. Post retrofit they're great ships that just get better with Yat Sen. I just finished retrofitting Ping and Ning today, so now there's just the skilling up left. That and leveling Yat Sen, but she'll have to dorm level until at least 80+ before I consider putting her in a fleet.

Also, as an update to my previous post, I think I need to take back what I said about Curlew and Curacoa. I just assumed they'd have decent AA because that's kind of a trait of every other CL, but actually taking the time to look closely, their AA stat is garbage. Like DD level garbage. Combine that with the low slot efficiency and it more than offsets the fact that they have two AA gun mounts. Using wiki provided damage calculations, they'd be worse than many of the existing CLs from a pure damage standpoint. And I'm not talking in comparison to an AA monster like Sandy, or even AA specialized ones. Leander for instance would out perform them in AA, while being being more proficient in other areas. The only way I can see them maybe improving overall AA is if the extra mount can be leveraged to lower the reload time with super fast reload guns.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I assume you mean you did manage to build Ping and Ning, which is a good thing. Post retrofit they're great ships that just get better with Yat Sen. I just finished retrofitting Ping and Ning today, so now there's just the skilling up left. That and leveling Yat Sen, but she'll have to dorm level until at least 80+ before I consider putting her in a fleet.

Also, as an update to my previous post, I think I need to take back what I said about Curlew and Curacoa. I just assumed they'd have decent AA because that's kind of a trait of every other CL, but actually taking the time to look closely, their AA stat is garbage. Like DD level garbage. Combine that with the low slot efficiency and it more than offsets the fact that they have two AA gun mounts. Using wiki provided damage calculations, they'd be worse than many of the existing CLs from a pure damage standpoint. And I'm not talking in comparison to an AA monster like Sandy, or even AA specialized ones. Leander for instance would out perform them in AA, while being being more proficient in other areas. The only way I can see them maybe improving overall AA is if the extra mount can be leveraged to lower the reload time with super fast reload guns.
Sorry, my fingers/brain error'd. I did mean "DID" manage, but like you I'll have to level em' first. Another thing to work on, anyway!

Nice to know about Curlew/Curacoa and that I'm not missing much. I still want em' though, for my collection. Nothing will stop me!

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, my fingers/brain error'd. I did mean "DID" manage, but like you I'll have to level em' first. Another thing to work on, anyway!

Nice to know about Curlew/Curacoa and that I'm not missing much. I still want em' though, for my collection. Nothing will stop me!
Yeah, I can't blame you for wanting them regardless. I've obtained every event ship so far save for Green Heart during the Nep collab, and that's just because I didn't care to dip further into my cube reserves for a ship that doesn't even count for collection completion. This game is as much of a collect-em-all sort of gacha as it is a get-for-use one. That and in this case the qipao / cheongsam skins are nice - if you're dropping money at least.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure if I didn't take commons into account, Sandy would literally be my most rolled girl this event followed by Kimberly.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've just managed chang chun, curlew, and curacoa. Only 20 more runs for Graf though, so at least i'm making progress on something. The gems from momopoly have been appreciated.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I have to run the 1200 oil commission continuously to afford all the builds and retrofits. Just finished retrofit Ning Hai and Jintsuu is about lv 90 as well so she is next. Afterwards will probably finish up Z23, then Portland, then Ping Hai and many other N DD that I already level to 80.

Meanwhile the Nurse Nicholas skin is coming soon. In JP she is in the same patch as core data and auditorium. According to CN forum priority is 818 Swordfish and black and white shell.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Our skin releases have absolutely nothing to do with the patches that they came with in other regions. They don't even necessarily follow the same guidelines of being limited or permanent additions to the store. While anything is possible, it'd be coincidental at best.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
For non event/limited skin

Good to see you again

Chance of not getting a 1.5% ships in 200 build: 4.8%
Chance of not getting a 3.5% ships in 200 build: 0.08%

Chance of not getting at least one of Kimberly, Curlew and Chang Chun is 1 - (1-0.048)(1-0.0008)(1-0.0008) = ~ 4.8%

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think I'm going to punt on getting Graf Spee. Don't think I want to grind that level that hard when there's other stuff I could be working on.

Maybe I'll do a few Heavy builds.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Its kinda aggravating how some of the weekly missions count some battles but not others when tallying wins/flagships sunk/ratings etc. Maybe it is event battles vs. standard campaign or something.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Its kinda aggravating how some of the weekly missions count some battles but not others when tallying wins/flagships sunk/ratings etc. Maybe it is event battles vs. standard campaign or something.
They should count event battles. The only annoying thing that I've noticed is that some of the weekly or even daily missions don't activate until you accept the rewards for a prior one.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They should count event battles. The only annoying thing that I've noticed is that some of the weekly or even daily missions don't activate until you accept the rewards for a prior one.
That might be what it is, my counts just jumped up and I've just been repeating the same missing SP3 today.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Gave in and buy the lucky bag.

Got Enterprise skin, not bad I guess although I was looking for Laffey. Better than Chaser.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Amusingly the pack gave me Belfast's new skin, but I had already bought it, so that was an additional 1080 gems instead that I can put to another skin. Still haven't figured out which ones I'll end up skipping. Well, other than Enterprise that is. The only skin she'll ever get from me is perhaps the oath skin at some point, and that'd be only for stat increases. While I've fully leveled, skilled, and geared her, she's just a mule ship for me that I only use if I need to. If there's any other ship I can use to decent effect, I'll use them first.

(I grew a great disdain for her in my early days of PVP with her broken ass skill being solely responsible for my defeat. Even these days where she's no longer a threat to me, I get a bit of happiness from seeing her sink in PVP. Petty, I know, but I just can't bring myself to like her. Doesn't help that her personality is boring.)

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Bought another ring pack and I have 6 rings. I only wed Cleveland so far. The # of oath skin available is fewer than I hope. I would have wed Enterprise if not already get her skin (I just hate her default skin).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For non event/limited skin

Good to see you again

Chance of not getting a 1.5% ships in 200 build: 4.8%
Chance of not getting a 3.5% ships in 200 build: 0.08%

Chance of not getting at least one of Kimberly, Curlew and Chang Chun is 1 - (1-0.048)(1-0.0008)(1-0.0008) = ~ 4.8%
I'm always here, just more in lurking mode. This game is pretty low key compared to other gacha games I play, so I just enjoy it at a slower pace, haha.

I'm not sure if I've done 200 builds (probably something like 75-100 though), but yeah I'm definitely feeling cursed (and blessed, since I did manage some nice ship builds too). It's strange how the most common won't answer my call, but I can't really complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.