astro

Oct 25, 2017
I got taken to task twice for asking what's new.. OP should expand so people like me know what's the new issue is.
You didn't get "taken to task".

If you did read the thread like the rest of us, you could have peiced it together easily.

That doesn't mean OP shouldn't be updated, but it is not difficult to get up to speed here.

BarcaTheGreat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If you did read the thread like the rest of us, you could have peiced it together easily.

That doesn't mean OP shouldn't be updated, but it is not difficult to get up to speed here.
You seriously expect everyone to read the whole thread of a topic to understand what the very first post is about? Really?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You seriously expect everyone to read the whole thread of a topic to understand what the very first post is about? Really?
Yes... I expect you to read the three pages there were before you ask "what us going on" and get to simple posts like his one: https://www.resetera.com/threads/b-sh-piro's-wet-ass-p-word-pratt.310135/page-3#post-49007914

The thread is only 6 pages long now, but only 3 pages in it was explained a few times already.

You weren't "taken to task", dude, just asked to read a thread that people had contextualised for others already.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't celebrity sponsorship deals, please drop that strawman.

This is a person following overtly political people and politicians that have an obvious ideological link and tone.

People check who famous people follow... it is broadcast... hence this thread.
You can track how effective of a broadcast a silent follow is by how it is pretty much has 0 value. Has nothing to do with being a strawman. How long did it take him following for most to even realize? See: most of social media being confused and surprised. Ironically, calling him out has done more broadcasting than the follow itself.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You can track how effective of a broadcast a silent follow is by how it is pretty much has 0 value. Has nothing to do with being a strawman. How long did it take him following for most to even realize? See: most of social media being confused and surprised. Ironically, calling him out has done more broadcasting than the follow itself.
It is a strawman to bring up sponsorships, absolutely.

This is a personal follow of people whose entire point of existing on twitter is the broadcast of their ideology. There is no other reason to follow them unless you agree with that ideology.

And, as this thread literally proves, people notice follows of people with platforms. People check this stuff all the time dude... it's always mentioned when people notice a celebrity following someone shitty.

Following someone when you have a huge amount of followers - especially if you have a tiny amount of follows in comparison - is absolutely a broadcast.

You really don't understand this?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a nice guy who likes to read social media content spread by white supremacists, ethnocentrists, anti-lgbtq+ clergyfolk, and conspiracy hucksters.

But shame on you for thinking that's a red flag - because I'm a nice guy!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

There's nothing to piece together. The OP is absolutely terrible.

This shit started because some twitter account asked the question of which Hollywood "Chris" would you get rid off. Pratt was winning by a landslide. His MCU friends leaped to his "defense" for some reason. That's what led to people talking about Chris Pratt and his garbage tier beliefs and political affiliations again.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing to piece together. The OP is absolutely terrible.

This shit started because some twitter account asked the question of which Hollywood "Chris" would you get rid off. Pratt was winning by a landslide. His MCU friends leaped to his "defense" for some reason. That's what led to people talking about Chris Pratt and his garbage tier beliefs and political affiliations again.
At least read the post you quoted, dude..

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Take me to the universe where Glenn Howerton played Starlord. Hopefully, Edward Norton is still the Hulk there.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
It is a strawman to bring up sponsorships, absolutely.

This is a personal follow of people whose entire point of existing on twitter is the broadcast of their ideology. There is no other reason to follow them unless you agree with that ideology.

And, as this thread literally proves, people notice follows of people with platforms. People check this stuff all the time dude... it's always mentioned when people notice a celebrity following someone shitty.

Following someone when you have a huge amount of followers - especially if you have a tiny amount of follows in comparison - is absolutely a broadcast.

You really don't understand this?
I never questioned his intentions. Idk why you feel the need to repeat that every time. His internal intentions don't really change how effective a follow is.

If it took hypothetically, 3 years for people to notice, does the noticing of the follow really prove your point? How many people do you think he converted to conservatism before we outed this follow (and subsequently TRULY broadcast that he is a supporter?) Again, this is a moot point re: Chris Pratt, but no, I don't think you've proved that a silent follow means shit to anybody, and asking if I'm really unwilling to make that logical leap is equally useless.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I never questioned his intentions. Idk why you feel the need to repeat that every time. His internal intentions don't really change how effective a follow is.

If it took hypothetically, 3 years for people to notice, does the noticing of the follow really prove your point? How many people do you think he converted to conservatism before we outed this follow (and subsequently TRULY broadcast that he is a supporter?) Again, this is a moot point re: Chris Pratt, but no, I don't think you've proved that a silent follow means shit to anybody, and asking if I'm really unwilling to make that logical leap is equally useless.

personally, i think that if you follow ben shapiro and turning points usa and all these other assorted far right assholes, it makes you a shithead, and i think it's good and cool for folks to call him a shithead

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, those loonies that follow clowns like Shapiro probably feel very validated when they realize Pratt follows him too, it's essy to see tbh.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

I'm repeating it because it is the entire point of why it broadcasts... because a follow of people whose entire point of existing on the platform is their ideology, the fact a follow of them only has one reason, and the fact a follow itltself is so visible.

People notice this stuff immediately, it doesn't take 3 years. This has always been spoken about.

It is a broadcast when you have the kind of platform his does and so many eyes are on him.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
personally, i think that if you follow ben shapiro and turning points usa and all these other assorted far right assholes, it makes you a shithead, and i think it's good and cool for folks to call him a shithead
And personally, I don't enjoy preemptively calling shitheads out when they haven't "done" anything. But the definition of "doing something" is what's under argument here. At the end of the day, I'm not sticking my neck out for people like him, I just think it's always healthy to step back and examine if what we do is right.
I'm repeating it because it is the entire point of why it broadcasts... because a follow of people whose entire point of existing on the platform is their ideology, the fact a follow of them only has one reason, and the fact a follow is so visible.

People notice this stuff immediately, it doesn't take 3 years. This has always been spoken about.

It is a broadcast when you have the kind of platform his does and so many eyes are on him.
I don't think you understood what I wrote. Agree to disagree.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you understood what I wrote. Agree to disagree.
I perfectly understood what you wrote, thanks. And you know this.

You don't seem to understand how visible a follow is when a person's platform is as large as Chris', and how people on twitter discuss celebrity follows as a pastime.

It is literally a major function of the site, a super visible link for users to instantly see who a person follows. People use this function, as intended, all the time.

It is a broadcast.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering why some of the Avengers were jumping to Pratt's defense on Twitter today.

I think Pratt outed himself a couple years ago when he complained about how Hollywood doesn't make movies about people that look like him anymore. Not enough blonde white guys named Chris getting leading man gigs! I don't even know how you can say that shit with a straight face.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Did his follow list come to his rescue with the typical fervor they have when a celebrity is a fan yet or has it just been some of his cast members?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I perfectly understood what you wrote, thanks. And you know this.

You don't seem to understand how visible a follow is when a person's platform is as large as Chris', and how people on twitter discuss celebrity follows as a pastime.

It is literally a major function of the site, a super visible link for users to instantly see who a person follows. People use this function, as intended, all the time.

It is a broadcast.
Can you tell me how long he's followed Ben Shapiro for? Can anyone? I'd argue the fact that the most common results on google and social media for this are articles on clearing the confusion, I'd say almost nobody heard this particular broadcast. And no, you completely did not understand the significance of me questioning how his internal intentions change anything about the situation. Quite frankly, it's pretty annoying to deal with your condescension (and a shame, considering how other people in this thread have been able to engage). Enjoy your night.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Dan Crenshaw and turning point are about 100x worse than Ben Shapiro combined that's an extremely conservative viewpoint that simply lacks reality. Crenshaw is an anti masker and doing real damage in Texas. I hate that guy

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Even if he isn't an outspoken republican he definitely has that "I'm rich, white, and don't need to think about politics" energy. Everything from the comment about how there are not enough movies about blue collar types to urging people to vote... in the people's choice awards shows he is an idiot. And all his rich white buddies from the mcu coming out to defend him speaks volumes about their distance from the average American.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can you tell me how long he's followed Ben Shapiro for? Can anyone? I'd argue the fact that the most common results on google and social media for this are articles on clearing the confusion, I'd say almost nobody heard this particular broadcast.

Ages. Chris' shitty views have been a topic of conversation for years, and people caught the follows ages ago. I don't even use twitter that much and I got that from twitter.

We've known about his shitty church and shitty follows for a long time.

And no, you completely did not understand the significance of me questioning how his internal intentions change anything about the situation.

Dude... I clearly did, I addressed it directly. His reasons for following are part of what makes this so overtly a broadcast, as I have explained multiple times.

The fact theere is only one reason to follow a person like Ben, and the fact the follow system is a major feature that people regularly use makes this a broadcast.

His internal intentions are a major factor here, bcause given the context they become overt and extremely visible.

Quite frankly, it's pretty annoying to deal with your condescension (and a shame, considering how other people in this thread have been able to engage). Enjoy your night.

If I have been condescending, then so have you. So please don't be a hypocrite about it.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could understand the thread title and the OP...
It seems to be about Pratt and I already know he's an ass. Seems like it's enough.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could understand the thread title and the OP...
It seems to be about Pratt and I already know he's an ass. Seems like it's enough.
The op is just showing us one thing:

Mark claiming Chris is "not political", and a person providing evidence to the contrary.

There is also a history here that the thread explains.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The op is just showing us one thing:

Mark claiming Chris is "not political", and a person providing evidence to the contrary.

There is also a history here that the thread explains.
Yeah, I've read more of the posts. I know about the history with Pratt, like when he thought it was a good idea to praise cops, so I can't say I'm surprised here. Dude is a full on republican jerk and will surely vote for Trump (again, because I'm sure he already did in 2016).

Oct 25, 2017
No apolitical being follows Shapiro, Turning Points, Fox Business, multiple Republican candidates, and fucking PragerU.

I also want to wonder aloud how you can follow all of them, not to mention his church that he champions, and somehow not hold some reprehensible views.

That said, I get why they're defending him. They live in a bubble where they engage in politics of convenience. Their friend and protecting his career takes priority.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've read more of the posts. I know about the history with Pratt, like when he thought it was a good idea to praise cops, so I can't say I'm surprised here. Dude is a full on republican jerk and will surely vote for Trump (again, because I'm sure he already did in 2016).
Chris apparently donated to Obama in 2012 and said recently that he doesn't feel like either side represent him, so I'm not convinced he actually would vote for Trump... but he definitely shares harmful Conservative values, and this instance he is not political is total bullshit when we see all the evidence ITT.

I'm sure he is incredibly nice and positive with everyone he meets, that doesn't mean much when you very publicly endorse petty hate mongers like Shapiro.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Very pro-police:
AZENrQL_d.webp

Chris Pratt is a member of Hillsong Church: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...rch-hillsong-gay-lesbian-rights-a8771136.html

Don't Tread On Me: https://pagesix.com/2019/07/17/chri...utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app
chris-pratt-1.jpg

Chris Pratt doesn't think Hollywood represents enough people like him aka blue collar white males: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/chris-pratt-raised-eyebrows-while-trying-to-bridge-our
"I don't see personal stories that necessarily resonate with me, because they're not my stories...I think there's room for me to tell mine, and probably an audience that would be hungry for them. The voice of the average, blue-collar American isn't necessarily represented in Hollywood."

There's more that can be added to OP for context.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Very pro-police:
AZENrQL_d.webp

Chris Pratt is a member of Hillsong Church: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...rch-hillsong-gay-lesbian-rights-a8771136.html

Don't Tread On Me: https://pagesix.com/2019/07/17/chri...utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app
chris-pratt-1.jpg

Chris Pratt doesn't think Hollywood represents enough people like him aka blue collar white males: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/chris-pratt-raised-eyebrows-while-trying-to-bridge-our
"I don't see personal stories that necessarily resonate with me, because they're not my stories...I think there's room for me to tell mine, and probably an audience that would be hungry for them. The voice of the average, blue-collar American isn't necessarily represented in Hollywood."

I'm desperately trying to figure out whether I consider the fact that Chris Fucking Pratt apparantly considers himself an "average, blue-collar American" is more adorable or infuriating...

Oct 25, 2017

Fuck I remember this now

His ignorance is harmful. That he coats it in niceties does not matter to anyone who doesn't have a relationship with him.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Pratt really called half of MCU cause a stan Twitter poll said he was the least favourite (and a bigot) of the Chrises

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I can dunk Pratt on his right-wing follows and views, but his church affiliation is kinda whatever. After all it's still a largely Christian nation there, probably 90% of the churches are anti-LGBT and anti-abortion in some way. If we judge people by their church affiliation, what do we say about Joe Biden's membership in Catholic Church?

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
No apolitical being follows Shapiro, Turning Points, Fox Business, multiple Republican candidates, and fucking PragerU.

I also want to wonder aloud how you can follow all of them, not to mention his church that he champions, and somehow not hold some reprehensible views.

That said, I get why they're defending him. They live in a bubble where they engage in politics of convenience. Their friend and protecting his career takes priority.
What justifiable reason could you give to be following turning point usa anyway?