• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I think I should remind people that Harada himself has gone on record saying he wants the original team on remasters of the series, and we all know who they are and where they are now and what that means in terms of platforms.

https://www.dualshockers.com/katsuh...t-xenosaga-and-ace-combat-remake-collections/

Xeno! We have the rights and we could outsource it, so it's not like it's stuck, but if there was a remake I'd want the original staff to work on it.

I hope that they use this opportunity to make the three games more unified. Same artstyle, same VO, fill in the blanks as needed. But I would still be super happy with a straight uprezzed port.
What you're asking for is more remake territory, and I can't imagine them going for that with how underwhelming the sales were for the trilogy in the first place, as well as the situation with Monolith Soft being under very different employment these days.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Xenosaga coming to PS2 classics?
That would be enough for me, honestly. I never got the third one and now it's kinda hard to find. If I could get all 3 on PS4 for a decent price, I'd be all in. I think they still hold up pretty well graphically. I'd rather them spend the resources on a Xensoaga 4/reboot :)

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Why should I care about Xenosaga? I don't mean this in a flippant way, it's heartwarming to see people get excited over reexperiencing their past favorites so I wanna hear why people are excited for this!
I'd say it's worthy of consideration because it represents a category of JRPG that isn't really being made anymore (not-quite-FF, but also far from low-budget), in a setting that was never really all that popular with the genre (space opera), and with an incredibly ambitious story (even though the quality of its execution varies).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Time to cash in on the success of Xenoblade 2 by releasing this on everything but Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
See, this is why you subtitle all your games as Revelations or Origins so that it wont be really, really obvious when you do this.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I wonder if they plan on just remastering the third game with the other 2 as movies. It would make sense since Xenosaga 2 is hated by mostly everyone and 1 was bland. I don't think most will suffer through those games to get to the good one.

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
isn't the story of xenosaga like "xenogears on steroids"?

if that description is legit, then hell yeah i want to play it

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say it's worthy of consideration because it represents a category of JRPG that isn't really being made anymore (not-quite-FF, but also far from low-budget), in a setting that was never really all that popular with the genre (space opera), and with an incredibly ambitious story (even though the quality of its execution varies).
That sounds pretty amazing, and you already had me at "space opera JRPG".

Oct 27, 2017
I just replayed 1 and quit ep.2 in disgust. Wouldn't mind an episode 3 remaster with summaries of the previous two, but that would also be a very strange release...

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I never actually finished any of the Xenosaga games eventhough I enjoyed them, I would be all over a remaster (especially on Switch).

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a remaster or remake, I don't trust anyone except Monolith Soft to do it. If it's a port, no interest since I have the PS2 version.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Could never get Xenosaga III running right in PC2CX so this would be very welcome.

I have to agree with people who are saying the other titles need to be remastered as well. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to release the last title in a trilogy standalone.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this does well and compels Square to do the same with other Lesser known PS2 jrpgs like Valkyrie Profile 2

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please give me my amazingly designed mechas and my Testaments and my really well directed cutscenes and fights.

Please.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If I liked Xenoblade, will I also like this?

It plays quite differently. It's more traditionally turn-based. You'll have linear dungeon progression etc, a party of ~7. It will have similar narrative beats though. Heavy on religious symbolism, mechs, mysticism.

Edit: Trilogy is known for some length cutscenes and heavy story focus.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to play the Xenosaga games once I finish Gears so a remake/ remaster would be pretty good right around now.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
All I ask if they remaster the 3 games, is if they can change the models to be consistent with each release. It's so weird that the cast from Ep.1 looks so different on Ep. 3. If they can get to use the same models in all 3 games, it would be fantastic.