choice.jpg

choices2b.jpg

choices3.jpg

hauntedcaseexemple.jpg

reviews.jpg

OpenCritic: 82
MetaCritic: 76

PushSquare: 8

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden sees developer DON'T NOD reach a new development peak, as it marries an excellent narrative with engaging and enjoyable gameplay. Poor enemy variety and technical flaws hold it back from true greatness, but its excellent, story-focused side quests on the other side make a few drab combat encounters worth pushing through. The studio's best game to date, Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is a new IP we hope is here to stay.

PressStart: 9.5

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is well beyond anything Don't Nod has ever done. It successfully merges their renowned knack for solid characters and great stories, engaging and enjoyable combat and a unique setting to create an experience like no other. It's a incredible fun and easily the studios most ambitious game so far. It doesn't get much better than this.

TheSixthAxis: 8

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is a fantastic piece of storytelling, and it gives you a compelling world, people and lore for you to delve into. While it labours in some areas, you can put your own personality and feelings into this largely linear adventure, making this a game and a tale that deserves to be experienced.

Don't Nod's new third-person goth-tragedy action-adventure RPG is full of swashbuckling ghost hunting, bound up in a story unironically about the power of love. Despite some repetition and busywork, it's a great time.

Console Creatures: Recommended

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden promises an unforgettable adventure, offering a well-balanced mix of combat, exploration, and narration to captivate players from the first moments. Banishers' richly detailed visuals, innovative gameplay, and decision-making power will captivate many, whether you are the jury, judge, or executioner. Expect to replay the campaign several times if you intend to see the impacts of your decisions throughout your progression.

WhatIfGaming: 8

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is a heartfelt love story, and both Red and Antea are incredibly memorable leads. The detailed haunting cases, difficult choices, and dense atmosphere add up to one of DON'T NOD's best narrative titles in years. Banishers gracefully improves upon the foundation laid by Vampyr in more ways than one, but it's often bogged down by repetitive combat that takes too long to get going. Despite that, it's an adventure worth embarking on, that's refined and respectful of your time.

thanks doops. for the review thread ;)​

Last edited:

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
This game is on my wishlist. Liked what they have shown so far. Waiting for the reviews.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Dang OT doing some good marketing, I had sub-zero interest but this looks a lot better than my first impression of the TGA trailer.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the first trailer and everything I've seen since looks promising. Unless it gets bad early reviews I'm in.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't really sold until I read it has the Vampyr system of sacrificing the souls you capture through the game and giving them to your wife to get stronger or freeing them. Love having some stakes like that encouraging a new playthrough

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing ot Hadok !
I had my eye on this since the reveal and it's one of my most anticipated games of the year. I'm optimistic for reviews around 80-85, and if that's the case I'm buying it day 1.
The atmosphere and setting look amazing and it seems to have a mature narrative with some weighty choices. The combat is obviously heavily inspired by the God of War remake and it looks good enough for a game of this budget.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Such a beautiful OT! I am super excited about the game, the combat breakdown and the world choices look amazing! Can not wait to give it a whirl!

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT! And happy Banishing week y'all. Can't believe it's been five years since the first teaser of this game.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Been looking forward to this since the 2022 reveal. I'm amazed that developers like Dontnod are finding ways to be so prolific within the modern gaming landscape and I definitely want to support their output.

Edit:
Great OT! And happy Banishing week y'all. Can't believe it's been five years since the first teaser of this game.

I didn't realize this had been teased prior to 2022. You learn something new every day.

Mar 19, 2020
Not sure on this one. On one hand, I really like the premise and the setting. The world looks genuinely interesting. Not a huge fan of how the combat is looking and Dont Nod are a bit hit and miss for me when it comes to writing.

Granted, I never played much of Vampyr so I'm not sure if it's different team.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Awesome OT!

I'm about 8 hours in and it's good, really good even at times.
Not a fan of the issues in performance mode on PS5 though. Curious to see whether I'm just encountering a bug or my PS5 is dying or if it's an issue with the game.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Really loved vampyr but don't know if I'm going to jive with this. Switching to a god of war clunky ass style of combat along with the claustrophobic camera may just make me wait for a sale at best.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Why does it feel like this game is going under the radar ? Not sure if it's lack of marketing or whatever but I haven't seen much of this game, even this close to release, hopefully that isn't a bad sign. Fingers crossed it's decent because it looks pretty good from the few trailers I've seen.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Why does it feel like this game is going under the radar ? Not sure if it's lack of marketing or whatever but I haven't seen much of this game, even this close to release, hopefully that isn't a bad sign. Fingers crossed it's decent because it looks pretty good from the few trailers I've seen.
It's a AA game

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
i will need to find a solution for the gifs , i am sorry, OT doesn't look good on smartphone.....but...later :D

(I've mainly taken information from official sources and sites, I don't know if there are people who worked on the game who are wandering around on resetera, I hope I haven't made too many mistakes :D )

-i forgot to mention the game will have 5 different endings, depending on your choices.

-And the official website has an exemple of how New Eden and the surrounding area can be impacted by the choices you make throughout the story :

Before:
Capture-decran-2023-09-27-121806-1140x590.png

After:
Capture-decran-2023-09-27-121836-1140x590.png

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Even for a AA game it still seems like there was very little marketing / not many trailers. I've hardly seen anything on the game and it's releasing tomorrow. It will be a shame if the game is good and it bombs because nobody knows if it's out lol

there are a lot of videos actually.
Some of the trailers have millions of views.
But marketing is focused on social medias,and no previews.
I don't know if the "big" websites will have reviews.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait. More hyped for this than for FF7 Rebirth and other big games.

I think that it will be reviewed well.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Preloaded mine this morning on PS5.

I'm not sure when I'll actually get round to playing it because I'm still on Like a Dragon right now. Then I've got Tomb Raider and Rebirth this month too. I seem to have to get myself a backlog building up!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
there are a lot of videos actually.
Some of the trailers have millions of views.
But marketing is focused on social medias,and no previews.
I don't know if the "big" websites will have reviews.

Probably why I haven't seen much of the game or even knew it was out this week. Lack of previews and coverage from bigger media sites really pushed this under the radar.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome OT!

I'm about 8 hours in and it's good, really good even at times.
Not a fan of the issues in performance mode on PS5 though. Curious to see whether I'm just encountering a bug or my PS5 is dying or if it's an issue with the game.

Garden variety drops or something more irritating? Hope your PS5 is dying!

Kidding/Not kidding

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
drewfonse
Framerate drops in larger areas that are gone after restarting the game and back again after a few minutes of playtime.

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
Only had time to start it up and play for maybe 15 minutes - but the game makes a good first impression!

Standard Don't Nod attention to story and atmosphere and GOW-like gameplay. Feelin good about my preorder

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I know Focus does this kind of little preorder bonus,but is it just a new skin for the starting gear,or does it have different stats ?
edit:oh it's written "weapon skin",i am blind ! ok :D
b986a86a35d53f1c036a4d8f60007245_1920_KR.jpg

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I know Focus does this kind of little preorder bonus,but is it just a new skin for the starting gear,or does it have different stats ?
edit:oh it's written "weapon skin",i am blind ! ok :D
b986a86a35d53f1c036a4d8f60007245_1920_KR.jpg

I haven't redeemed my code, but since all "skins" come with certain bonuses, I assume this will as well.