OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
According to Steam, the outfit increases melee damage by 5%. The outfit I'm wearing, which is the standard outfit, does the same. So it's purely cosmetic, it seems.

oh it's weird to have a starting gear with a damage bonus ? maybe it's related to the difficulty level ?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
oh it's weird to have a starting gear with a damage bonus ? maybe it's related to the difficulty level ?
I don't think it is, since you can switch difficulty levels at nearly any time. The bonus stays the same even if I switch to the lowest difficulty level:

ehj57nee.jpg

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This game seems interesting. Just now looking into it. The title is so bad though - I've been ignoring it this whole time I guess. lol

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
This game seems interesting. Just now looking into it. The title is so bad though - I've been ignoring it this whole time I guess. lol

i don't know... i don't think the title is really worse than "God of War" for example,it's a bit generic but you can remember it easily :D

Also fun fact: "Banishers : Ghosts of New Eden" acronym is "B:Gone ", and that's not a coincidence ;)

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
i don't know... i don't think the title is really worse than "God of War" for example,it's a bit generic but you can remember it easily :D

Also fun fact: "Banishers : Ghosts of New Eden" acronym is "B:Gone ", and that's not a coincidence ;)
I guess I completely disagree that the title is as memorable as God of War. 🤷‍♂️

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
> low enemy variety
> poor combat

idk chief

the low enemy variety alone makes me not want to engage in a 30 hour game

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
This sure sounds like a don't nod game in that the combat isn't very good but it has a lot of interesting narrative stuff going on. I'll play it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I swear I'm not being a dick, but I've never heard of this game WTF :(

Looks pretty cool in the OT, is it slying SUPER under the radar, or have I just been completely oblivious to news lately?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Long. Around at least 20-30 hours? I gather more, since there is something story-related that will make you do side missions that will make it longer. There's a ton of side activities that I tried doing them all but if I did, I wouldn't meet the review embargo time. Some side missions take like close to an hour to do, and they spawn new side missions of their own too.

I really like the game and the fact that it's a new IP is the cherry on the sundae.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be so good - I really am excited about the hub based exploration. Going to dial in that difficulty down, and just enjoy the combat mechanics and the strong narrative!

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I kept my eye on this for a while now and the reviews are great, I don't want to dive too deep into them for spoilers, any comments on the framerate side for PS5?

Also have a PC with a 4090 in it, so curious about the performance there as well in regards to stutters?

AlanMoore

Feb 22, 2018
Antea and Red are great characters, and I think it's one of the few games that gets intimacy right. The narrative, writing, and even dialogue interactions are great (reminded me of the camera work the Witcher 3 expansions had). The investigations are pretty basic, but there are some nice twists in the cases. If you liked Vampyr and wanted more, this is it.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Antea and Red are great characters, and I think it's one of the few games that gets intimacy right. The narrative, writing, and even dialogue interactions are great (reminded me of the camera work the Witcher 3 expansions had). The investigations are pretty basic, but there are some nice twists in the cases. If you liked Vampyr and wanted more, this is it.

You had me at Vampyr. Downloading now lol

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Long. Around at least 20-30 hours? I gather more, since there is something story-related that will make you do side missions that will make it longer. There's a ton of side activities that I tried doing them all but if I did, I wouldn't meet the review embargo time. Some side missions take like close to an hour to do, and they spawn new side missions of their own too.

I really like the game and the fact that it's a new IP is the cherry on the sundae.

Wow, thanks for the reply.

I don't know if there was an in-game tracker but it *felt* like....25-30 hours maybe? I also did a decent amount of side content

It's a biggun. Thanks!

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Great. I pre-ordered based on my like of Vampyr, glad to see the reviews are good. Supposed to be getting it tomorrow, we'll see.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
got a number for the low enemy variety. half a dozen. thats too low. i didnt expct it to be that bad

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
The only thing really putting me off is the bad lip-syncing apparently. That's a huge immersion breaker for me in narrative driven games

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's about 17 hours if you rush through it, but up to 30 if you do a lot of the side stories - which imo you really should as it's some of the best stuff in the game.

I found it far, far longer. Steam says I've spent 57 hours in it. Granted, I've completed all Haunting Cases and all Activities, plus all the optional Haunted Playground puzzles.

PeachyTofu

Magazine Journalist - PLAY, PC Gamer, Edge
Verified
Jul 9, 2021
United Kingdom
I found it far, far longer. Steam says I've spent 57 hours in it. Granted, I've completed all Haunting Cases and all Activities, plus all the optional Haunted Playground puzzles.
I didn't complete many of the puzzles or additional challenges, but PlayStation can be a bit iffy with the timings with unreleased titles so I wouldn't be surprised if it was nearer the 40 end.