• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Will the spoiler be in the movie or something?
its just my guess based on
before Revealing Broly was the main bad in teh Super Movie, they announced that will re-screen 3 dragonball Ball movies, the one Featuring Brolly vs Goku, Bardock movie and the one featuring Gogeta, after that it was revealed revealed Broly will be the main bad in Super. so by that train of logic I assume the other movie being Fusion Reborn is cause Gogeta will be the movie too.
also helps that if they are gonna keep Broly as OP BROKEN, then only way to beat him in the movie is UI Goku or a fusion, but as they dont have Potara earrings, then Fusion Dance is the only choice left

angry-couple-dragon-ball-z-gohan-gohan-e-videl-Favim.com-197042.jpg

Just seeing them together fighting in Dragonball Fighterz would be amazing. Really love their outfits.

Honestly as much as I enjoyed Super I'm really mad at what they did to Videl, it really diappointed me tbh.
ain Super like 5-7 years after Majin Buu? In theory that miss they went thru that already and just to Gohan become scholar and stuff

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will the spoiler be in the movie or something?
Not confirmed. Theory is based on 3 DBZ movies getting limited theater runs before the Super movie comes out: Broly 1, Bardock origin movie, and Fusion reborn. Broly 1 is obvious. Bardock movie goes over the destruction of the saiyans which will be relevant to the Super movie. Only Fusion Reborn is the odd man out, leading people to think Gogeta, which first/only appears in that movie, is why they're also showing it.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...ball-z-remastered-movies-release-date-tickets

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It will almost certainly be ToP 17, they'll use that arc as reference for his stuff. He'll likely have:

- more focus on the barrier than 18
- different supers, like a Super Barrier, barrier punch lv3, etc
- if 18 is an assist her moves might be different. Maybe if you hammer the Ki button long enough 18 will join in, or they could have a special recovery move based on when she saved him from being knocked out

He'll be similar but quite different.

How would he be similar ?

18's entire gimmick is calling a shadow clone.

The kienzan and grab are exclusive to her. 17 is gonna be nothing like her safe for the barrier which is a very small part of her character.

what is "base Goku"?

It usually refers to Goku when he isnt transformed. But here it refers to Goku before he obtained Super Saiyan.

Nice !
If only the game were only DB/Z fighterd I'd consider it. But they are not even in the game. I'd prefer super to be DLC.

You're boycotting the game because it has like 5 super characters in a 30 characters roster ?

OP
OP
HardRojo

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Nice !
If only the game were only DB/Z fighterd I'd consider it. But they are not even in the game. I'd prefer super to be DLC.
Super is here to stay and the movie using that brand is proof of it, people need to get used to the idea that Super isn't some kind of spin off, it's part of the main dish.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
its just my guess based on
before Revealing Broly was the main bad in teh Super Movie, they announced that will re-screen 3 dragonball Ball movies, the one Featuring Brolly vs Goku, Bardock movie and the one featuring Gogeta, after that it was revealed revealed Broly will be the main bad in Super. so by that train of logic I assume the other movie being Fusion Reborn is cause Gogeta will be the movie too.
also helps that if they are gonna keep Broly as OP BROKEN, then only way to beat him in the movie is UI Goku or a fusion, but as they dont have Potara earrings, then Fusion Dance is the only choice left

ain Super like 5-7 years after Majin Buu? In theory that miss they went thru that already and just to Gohan become scholar and stuff

Just mad at what they did to Videl's personality and her appearance. Her short tomboy hair or the long hair she had during the Buu arc is superior to her current design imo.

But yeah it should be that long I believe.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Super is here to stay and the movie using that brand is proof of it, people need to get used to the idea that Super isn't some kind of spin off, it's part of the main dish.
aint Super the "official" canon rewriting GT? also the Super Movie (unlike other DB Movies) is canon/ sequel to after the anime. hope for a new season down the road tho. I want canon Cooler

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
You're boycotting the game because it has like 5 super characters in a 30 characters roster ?
Did I say I was boycotting o.O ?
I'm not into fighter games initally so it has to be really perfect (for my tastes) for me to consider. That's it.
Don't be that negative with other people's posts, it's not healthy. I know it because I do it sometimes too : (. Working on it).
Unfortunately.
All I saw about it was sad.
But good for people who like.
It's not like I'm a big fighter lover. That's not a genre I play much anyway.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Not confirmed. Theory is based on 3 DBZ movies getting limited theater runs before the Super movie comes out: Broly 1, Bardock origin movie, and Fusion reborn. Broly 1 is obvious. Bardock movie goes over the destruction of the saiyans which will be relevant to the Super movie. Only Fusion Reborn is the odd man out, leading people to think Gogeta, which first/only appears in that movie, is why they're also showing it.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...ball-z-remastered-movies-release-date-tickets

Keep in mind, there's also those Fusion Donuts.

How would he be similar ?

18's entire gimmick is calling a shadow clone.

The kienzan and grab are exclusive to her. 17 is gonna be nothing like her safe for the barrier which is a very small part of her character.

I explicitly said he would be quite different, for all the reasons you stated. I still think they'll have some minor similarities, like the barrier existing in their movesets at all, the fact that they're both speedy fighters, and that they'll probably both have an assist in their moveset - just light stuff that might put them in the same basic category of fighter compared to some of the more off-the-wall characters.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, there's also those Fusion Donuts.

I explicitly said he would be quite different, for all the reasons you stated. I still think they'll have some minor similarities, like the barrier existing in their movesets at all, the fact that they're both speedy fighters, and that they'll probably both have an assist in their moveset - just light stuff that might put them in the same basic category of fighter compared to some of the more off-the-wall characters.

Krilin yamcha and goku have a kamehameha and they're not similar.

17 and 18 sharing one move doesnt mean anything. Hell base vegeta has kienzan like 18.

And 17 probably wouldnt have assist in his gameplay since he doesnt like asking for 18's help.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Krilin yamcha and goku have a kamehameha and they're not similar.

17 and 18 sharing one move doesnt mean anything. Hell base vegeta has kienzan like 18.

And 17 probably wouldnt have assist in his gameplay since he doesnt like asking for 18's help.

I already agreed with you that they will be quite different and you continue to ignore that. I think they will be somewhat similar, but only compared to characters like, say, Hit, Broly or Bardock. They will likely share the barrier, have identical builds (maybe even stats too), probably have a focus on energy attacks due to that infinite energy flavour, and, yes, have the assist - minor, broad similarities that aren't much but are notable in a game where you have characters with virtually no energy blasts, are 8 feet tall, have a heavy focus on grabs, or whatever. I don't know where you get the idea that 17 doesn't like working with 18 since they worked together frequently in the ToP. Off the top my head, there's:

- 17 patching up 18's leg
- Them giving energy to the spirit bomb side by side
- Teaming up against the armoured guy with their constant energy blasts
-Working together with Goku against the last of Universe 2
- 18 sacrificing herself for 17

Given all that I sure as hell hope they work together in FighterZ. There's lots of good scenes that they should adapt, and leaving 18 in her ToP outfit it of the gameplay would suck.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kaioken get's stronger with less teammates, it goes to x3 with 2 member left and x20 when base goku is the last character
But x3 was shirtless while x20 was with the blue shirt only (best outfit btw) so he would gain cloths? Or hell I don't care about the muscles and tearing like some people in this thread so just say the one they showed is x20 though I do like your idea

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
I already agreed with you that they will be quite different and you continue to ignore that. I think they will be somewhat similar, but only compared to characters like, say, Hit, Broly or Bardock. They will likely share the barrier, have identical builds (maybe even stats too), probably have a focus on energy attacks due to that infinite energy flavour, and, yes, have the assist - minor, broad similarities that aren't much but are notable in a game where you have characters with virtually no energy blasts, are 8 feet tall, have a heavy focus on grabs, or whatever. I don't know where you get the idea that 17 doesn't like working with 18 since they worked together frequently in the ToP. Off the top my head, there's:

- 17 patching up 18's leg
- Them giving energy to the spirit bomb side by side
- Teaming up against the armoured guy with their constant energy blasts
-Working together with Goku against the last of Universe 2
- 18 sacrificing herself for 17

Given all that I sure as hell hope they work together in FighterZ. There's lots of good scenes that they should adapt, and leaving 18 in her ToP outfit it of the gameplay would suck.
When they were going to fight Kahseral, 18 looks at 17 and gets the signal he wants to fight on his own so she leaves to help Goku while 17 fights alone. Later, 18 asks 17 if he wants help against Kakunsa and 17 declines her help.

Out of those moments you mentioned only them against Ribrianne (which was minor) and against Viara were them teaming up but they had enough moments in their own and to stick them together would be a disservice to their characters imo. Even so, Gohan and Piccolo stayed together way much longer than 17 and 18 but that doesn't mean they should be a team character either.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
When they were going to fight Kahseral, 18 looks at 17 and gets the signal he wants to fight on his own so she leaves to help Goku while 17 fights alone. Later, 18 asks 17 if he wants help against Kakunsa and 17 declines her help.

Out of those moments you mentioned only them against Ribrianne (which was minor) and against Viara were them teaming up but they had enough moments in their own and to stick them together would be a disservice to their characters imo. Even so, Gohan and Piccolo stayed together way much longer than 17 and 18 but that doesn't mean they should be a team character either.

17 and 18's big Android Saga fights were solo, but their Android Saga representation was still a team character. It doesn't matter what 17 likes to do, what matters is that the ToP has a bunch of moments of them teaming up that ASW, who take most of their animations directly from the source material, will want to crib from. 17 will still have a mostly solo moveset, anyway - 18 coming in for a couple of specials and maybe a unique recovery does not make for a 'team character'. If we took the Kamehameha/Special Beam Cannon combo and gave that to Gohan and Piccolo as an extra super, it would hardly be a disservice to their characters.

Plus, again, having 18 need 17's help but having 17 be fine fighting alone would look kinda weird. Really, they should've just had them both be solo from the start.

OP
OP
HardRojo

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
hows the player count on ps4 v xbox one? Any trouble finding casual matches in either?
For some reason I was finding matches hella fast yesterday, it was surprising lol. I don't know if several people came back all of a sudden or if a miracle happened. There's a Z-League event going on so maybe that must have been it?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Just seeing them together fighting in Dragonball Fighterz would be amazing. Really love their outfits.

Honestly as much as I enjoyed Super I'm really mad at what they did to Videl, it really diappointed me tbh.
didnt I heard toriyama didnt like women, that's why there was so few female and relationship in DB ?

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
didnt I heard toriyama didnt like women, that's why there was so few female and relationship in DB ?
No, he said he's not good at creating romance.

This is a question asked during Battle of the Gods:

- There are some romantic developments, which is rare?
"The truth is, I wrote just a little bit of romantic developments in the movie, but that was happenstance. (laughs) I'm really bad with romantic plots. Even if the backstory is there, I shy away when I actually try to draw it"

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
17 and 18's big Android Saga fights were solo, but their Android Saga representation was still a team character. It doesn't matter what 17 likes to do, what matters is that the ToP has a bunch of moments of them teaming up that ASW, who take most of their animations directly from the source material, will want to crib from. 17 will still have a mostly solo moveset, anyway - 18 coming in for a couple of specials and maybe a unique recovery does not make for a 'team character'. If we took the Kamehameha/Special Beam Cannon combo and gave that to Gohan and Piccolo as an extra super, it would hardly be a disservice to their characters.

Plus, again, having 18 need 17's help but having 17 be fine fighting alone would look kinda weird. Really, they should've just had them both be solo from the start.

If they wanted to " use the source material " to design cool duo attacks, they should have done that with 18 instead of copy pasting her moveset ( from her vegeta and mighty mask fight) onto 17 and calling it a day.

Worse, they only have one combination attack, the level 3, and even that is just them doing generic normals of 18 before doing some beam attack that only 18 had done.

They showed they didnt care much about that before why would they now since it wouldn't even be his main gimmick ?

Also all your examples, you're missing something important. I didnt say 17 didnt help 18. I said he never asks for her help. Every time they teamed up it was to fight others 1v1. Or he came to give her a hand. Never the other way around.

The only exception is the big robot.

And 18 sacrificing herself for 17 is a big deal because it's the first time she returned the favor.

You could implement her sacrifice I guess. But considering how lazy the DLCs have been in terms of assets, I wouldnt count on them doing that.

Keep in mind when they picked the last DLC, the episode where 17 tells 18 to go away had just aired and it followed a fans outcry that he shouldn't be an assist character only. That timing makes it clear they wont bother with assist mechanics IMO.

Now as for them being solo, I think giving them assists and supers with great synergy + a custom lv3 if they're on the same team is the way to go.
They'll have to remake 18 and it wont be hard since it's just giving her new qcb specials. Give her crazy mobility and her headbutt. And make the grab really strong.

But 17 isnt even confirmed. Been burnt before. Maybe it will be jiren or raditz.

hows the player count on ps4 v xbox one? Any trouble finding casual matches in either?

Matchmaking is bad everywhere but on ps4 the lobbies are very lively. Lots of players. ( a bit less currently as it is summer !)
You ll always find someone to play with in ring matches.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
There's a version of everything for that lol.

Btw I'm not a hater I just happen to have a connexion with the others and that's it.

But oh well, internet.
So you have a connection with 90% of the characters from the base roster but decided to pass for the 2 Super characters in there.

OK.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

I would gladly accept another gohan if he is in full Great Saiyaman costume.

HELMET Saiyaman tho, none of this bandana and shades bullshit.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you have a connection with 90% of the characters from the base roster but decided to pass for the 2 Super characters in there.

OK.

I'll note in advance that I like Super and welcome even more Super characters, but to be fair there are -- and I'm going from memory without checking -- five characters I believe.

1. SSGSS Goku
2. SSGSS Vegeta
3. Goku Black
4. Hit
5. Beerus

Unless you're just talking about the DLC characters? In which case I guess you're referencing Fused Zamasu and SSGSS Vegito.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017

OK.
I'm not into fighting games. I'm pretty sure I wrote about that... or was it as an answer to someone else ?
I said I never buy a fighter. It had to be really perfect for me to consider because I know I won't play it a lot.
I like looking at this game but I don't feel like playing it enough to get it. If there was a definitive version with DLC included in the future... maybe.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'll note in advance that I like Super and welcome even more Super characters, but to be fair there are -- and I'm going from memory without checking -- five characters I believe.

1. SSGSS Goku
2. SSGSS Vegeta
3. Goku Black
4. Hit
5. Beerus

Unless you're just talking about the DLC characters? In which case I guess you're referencing Fused Zamasu and SSGSS Vegito.
Blue Goku, Vegeta and Beerus debuted on a Z movie but fine. Thats still almost 80% of the base roster.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Man, it such a waste that Goku doesn't use the power pole, that would have completely changed his play style and he would have been so dangerous with a weapon based fighter.