• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing some twitter reaction from some terrible people talking about how WB Discovery "isn't bowing down to diversity." Which is exactly the message any studio DOESN'T want to send out there.

Fucking great job, WBD.

(What a goddamn shit show.)

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm seeing some twitter reaction from some terrible people talking about how WB Discovery "isn't bowing down to diversity." Which is exactly the message any studio DOESN'T want to send out there.

Fucking great job, WBD.

(What a goddamn shit show.)

That's what you'll get no matter what: racist pieces of shit being who they are and twisting everything, unfortunately.

This is a hard (and I mean HARD) reset by Zaslav. I'm just curious to see if Flash is still 'sacred', despite Ezra Miller.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Im trying to think about past discussions but didnt most experts agree that they would basically have to make a new movie and that there was no reasonable way to salvage it by removing Miller and using cgi to replace him was basically impossible because the tech isnt there yet he is just in it too much?
"...replace them..." and "yet they are..."

Turns out that the other production that was scrapped had finished animation as of three, four days ago before it was cancelled. $40 million gone to waste. Say what you want about Scoob! as a film but this didn't deserve to be scrapped so close to the finish line.

View: https://twitter.com/AnimationOnMax/status/1554591375898906630

An unfortunate turn of events for at least two production crews. My condolences to them all.

Eh, Scooby-Doo is a classic character/franchise that has had a current TV show and/or movie for basically as long as it's been around. Yeah, Scoob! was a bad Scooby-Doo movie that was actually a bad Blue Falcon movie (and yet somehow had a decent take on Dick Dastardy, also not a Scooby character). So while people weren't necessarily excited for the sequel to Scoob!, I'm certainly gonna miss seeing something new from the property.

(And after all this I don't have great hopes for the franchise, or anything from WB/CN/HB, moving forward)
Oh gosh, I forgot that CN's European division had been renamed after Hanna-Barbera last year. I hope all the animation studios come out alright.

Who expected super hero the day the clown cried
Is this a reference to Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, or am I just crazy?

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
All this shit about wanting to restructure around big blockbuster DC movies leaves me asking one thing:

What fucking movies?

Fucking Black Adam? Shazam 2? An Aquaman 2 that'll release in the shadow of fucking Avatar the Way of Water?

What the fuck are your big money makers here? Oh right I forgot they fucking think a Flash movie is going to make a billion dollars cause they went and saw No Way Home do it.

For fucks sake the only consistently good DC stuff was all this streaming shit, the lower budget stuff. Let's just push it into the sea! Ya'll planning on making a Superman movie? Apparently you cancelled the JJ stuff. I so thoroughly doubt this fucker would greenlight a black Superman.

Does Cavil really want to come back to this shit show full time?

Who the fuck would work with this fucking dumpster fire of a company?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
All this shit about wanting to restructure around big blockbuster DC movies leaves me asking one thing:

What fucking movies?

Fucking Black Adam? Shazam 2? An Aquaman 2 that'll release in the shadow of fucking Avatar the Way of Water?

What the fuck are your big money makers here? Oh right I forgot they fucking think a Flash movie is going to make a billion dollars cause they went and saw No Way Home do it.

For fucks sake the only consistently good DC stuff was all this streaming shit, the lower budget stuff. Let's just push it into the sea! Ya'll planning on making a Superman movie? Apparently you cancelled the JJ stuff. I so thoroughly doubt this fucker would greenlight a black Superman.

This seems a little over the top, 9 fucks in as many sentences

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020

What fucking movies?

I can give you for Shazam 2 because that is going to release within Avatar 2 releases alongside Black Panther Wakanda Forever but I think Aquaman 2 should be fine considering it is going to come out 3 months after Avatar 2 as long as it comes out in China and the Covid situation improves for them. Black Adam is personally hard to guess but I think it will do somewhat decently thanks to the Rock being physically in the movie (unlike Super-Pets which has him voice act which is not doing great in the box office).

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
I can give you for Shazam 2 because that is going to release within Avatar 2 releases alongside Black Panther Wakanda Forever but I think Aquaman 2 should be fine considering it is going to come out 3 months after Avatar 2 as long as it comes out in China and the Covid situation improves for them. Black Adam is personally hard to guess but I think it will do somewhat decently thanks to the Rock being physically in the movie (unlike Super-Pets which has him voice act which is not doing great in the box office).
The issue with Aquaman 2 is that the first movie sold entirely on spectacle...specifically on underwater spectacle and Avatar will presumably redefine audience expectations on that front.

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
The issue with Aquaman 2 is that the first movie sold entirely on spectacle...specifically on underwater spectacle and Avatar will presumably redefine audience expectations on that front.

Sure that Avatar 2 may/prob will redefine underwater movie visuals but I don't think people are going to reject a movie because it has lesser underwater movie visuals. If people did reject that, I think a lot of movies wouldn't succeed for not having the best movie visuals.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
aquaman was one of the most tryhard movies i've ever seen that is desperately trying to entertain the audience by constantly throwing random action scenes and jokes at you to the point of exhaustion. credit to wan's direction and the vfx artists but that was one of the trashiest scripts i've ever witnessed that was brought to life with very bland leads that could not lift up the material due to their nonexistent chemistry with each other.

i'm curious how the sequel will do honestly with avatar 2 pushing water vfx hard.

JetEagle

Dec 21, 2020
Australia
Pretty amazed at this decision, like the rest of you and the industry. I have certainly seen completed movies get dumped with no real push, like the half hearted attempt to market The New Mutants.
But to completely shelve this movie? After so much time and money was already invested? A real insult to all who worked on it.

And this is in an era where all the platforms and services seem so desperate for content, why would you shove away this movie that would certainly have gotten a good bit of media attention as the first Batgirl movie?

And of course, I imagine the usual suspects will be making a meal out of this, and I have no desire to actually watch any of their opinions.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
Sure that Avatar 2 may/prob will redefine underwater movie visuals but I don't think people are going to reject a movie because it has lesser underwater movie visuals. If people did reject that, I think a lot of movies wouldn't succeed for not having the best movie visuals.
I more or less expect far less then a billion but not like a bomb or something. The problem is that it seems like Discovery have hungry naive eyes on these movies. I don't expect Joker 2 to make nearly as much as the first but WB expect another easy billion.

That they expected No Way Home money from a Flash movie indicates a fundamental failure to see anything close to reality.

Sony Pictures is a more coherent and put together studio at the moment.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
For those who worked on it, this movie is months and even years of hard work. Nobody is out there deliberately trying to make bad movies.

To execs, this movie is just numbers on a sheet they can tinker around.

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
I more or less expect far less then a billion but not like a bomb or something. The problem is that it seems like Discovery have hungry naive eyes on these movies. I don't expect Joker 2 to make nearly as much as the first but WB expect another easy billion.

That they expected No Way Home money from a Flash movie indicates a fundamental failure to see anything close to reality.

Sony Pictures is a more coherent and put together studio at the moment.

Tbf, the box office right now is a much different entity compared to before covid so I kind of expect also that both Aquaman 2 and Joker 2 to also underperform because the market still hasn't healed yet. For what it is, I don't think they were expecting No Way Home money for the Flash because it is a much different movie and it had a different purpose if the rumors' persist. Although with Batgirl being cancelled, I kind of expect that Flash will also be cancelled.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbf, the box office right now is a much different entity compared to before covid so I kind of expect also that both Aquaman 2 and Joker 2 to also underperform because the market still hasn't healed yet. For what it is, I don't think they were expecting No Way Home money for the Flash because it is a much different movie and it had a different purpose if the rumors' persist. Although with Batgirl being cancelled, I kind of expect that Flash will also be cancelled.
isnt there controversy around the actor playing flash atm? or did I missread.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
joker 2 to me is honestly another easy billie If it's decent. that film had legs and resonated with tons of people that aren't on the internet 24/7.

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
isnt there controversy around the actor playing flash atm? or did I missread.

Yes there was controversy regarding the Flash Actor in 2022 but I don't think they were aware of it when it was being developed around 2020-2021 even though the incidents regarding Ezra happened around that time. Sure, they could have researched more on them after choking a lady in 2020 but if that was it, I don't think it would have been as big of a problem as now.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
All WB needs to do is a Darkseid arc, the DCEU is aimless and mediocre now, a million times worse than MCU phase 4. Copy the DCAU, get all the big heroes together again, and give the people what they want.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
Oct 27, 2017
All WB needs to do is a Darkseid arc, the DCEU is aimless and mediocre now, a million times worse than MCU phase 4. Copy the DCAU, get all the big heroes together again, and give the people what they want.
That's what Snyder was doing and why Death of Superman had to be a bit rushed. By end of ZSJL, Kal is prime Supes. Then it was moving to the Darkseid war, and eventual Earth vs Apokolips with Superman leading the armies of Earth. WB fucked all this up.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least someone in Hollywood have balls to not release a bad film.

Studios have always pushed for releases even though the finished product is a total clusterfuck. Just remember the latest Fantastic Four or Shane Black's Predator. Those crap movies damaged their franchises.

Meanwhile, as far as we know, Flash is still on
We have rumors that Flash film has received very good impressions from studio. Also that film will probably establish a new timeline so it's a bit more important to be released.