• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
- Batman Begin's was cool but had too much of a fat neck going on.

enhanced-buzz-22038-1342224327-0.jpg

- The Dark Knight/Rises looked stupid with its Q-tip helmet head and pencil neck. Too much nonsense detail on the body.

- Snyder Batman. Fat face boulder head. Short ears look dumb.

- Batman Return's "Oscar" suit. P E R F E C T I O N

dswyFYl.jpg

Look at this beauty!!!!

Last edited:

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
lol, no. not being able to turn your neck is not nice, and borderline looks like some costume you could buy. BvS is by far the best.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about functionality. I'm not wearing the damn thing. Returns costume is still the coolest looking.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I agree. But Kilmer's initial suit in Forever, minus the nipples, is also fucking badass. If only they hadn't put those nipples on it...

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'll always love Keaton's Batman. I hope he gets to come back for Batman Beyond someday.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the armored look in all incarnations, but I'm not opposed to having armor panels beneath cloth, kevlar, whatever.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
BvS is the best but the Returns suit is probably 2nd best for me. He could barely move but he looked rad. Honestly never been a fan of the Nolan suits (even Begins) and despite initially liking the TDK suit, it looks pretty bad.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It was so disappointing when I rewatched this recently and it did not hold up, at all.

The costume is great though, yes.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Batman 89's muscled torso compared to whatever the hell is going on in Returns.
297d7886adfed7178b5aaf0c642b952b076b5dd9e41411bc5af11b55a9477bb0.jpg

The problem with the 89 suit is that cowl didn't quite fit Keaton's face however.

Personally, I think the Begins suit looked beastly in the movie. I love the ultra-long cape. .

Bale-Begins.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did say design. That was a material issue that new latex/tech would solve.
I don't care about functionality. I'm not wearing the damn thing. Returns costume is still the coolest looking.
Thing is guys it's called a "Movie". We still have to see these characters "Move" on screen. To a lot of people growing up, it looked like shit.

I still like the Dark Knight swat suit the most. It was kind of a style I was hoping to see one day on film after seeing Batman wear a prison guard outfit in The Long Halloween.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
LOL that looks so bad.

Really none of them look all that amazing, but the Batman v Superman one is definitely the best.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Returns has the best helmet/mask and chest symbol. Everything else I prefer The Begins suit.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The action is the only thing about these movies that don't hold up. 1989 and Returns excell in every other category.

Despite some well-worn quibbles (The Joker killed Bruce's parents, Alfred bringing Vicki to the cave) '89 is great!

Returns is all style, no substance. 2 hours of what is essentially filler. Pfeiffer and Devito are good in it (although Pfeiffer is a nose hair from being as bad as Thurman's Poison Ivy).

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I think you could make the case this is better fighting than what we see in Nolan's movies...lol
adtuHJT.gif
They're definitely better directed, but they still look silly in 2018. I'd still rather watch Burton's films any day over TDK and TDKR though.
Despite some well-worn quibbles (The Joker killed Bruce's parents, Alfred bringing Vicki to the cave) '89 is great!

Returns is all style, no substance. 2 hours of what is essentially filler. Pfeiffer and Devito are good in it (although Pfeiffer is a nose hair from being as bad as Thurman's Poison Ivy).
Did we watch different movies or are you just going to ignore the sexual politics and exploration of superhero's psyches in this film? There isn't a superhero film in existence with more substance than Batman Returns.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you could make the case this is better fighting than what we see in Nolan's movies...lol
adtuHJT.gif
What a terrible take by Burton.

You can see that the suit does not fit the stuntman, that it doesn't look like Keaton, and you can see the stuntman mouthing something to the other stuntman.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard to get past the whole neck turning issue. Batman looks so goofy in all of the Burton and Schumacher films because he needs to turn his entire body to look in different directions.

I'll definitely throw my vote in for the Batman Begins suit. It looked great in the film and while it also suffered from the neck turning issue it wasn't nearly as noticeable. I think the suit got way too busy in the sequels, which is a shame.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible take by Burton.

You can see that the suit does not fit the stuntman, that it doesn't look like Keaton, and you can see the stuntman mouthing something to the other stuntman.

I'm impressed you can notice that. I can't see shit.

They're definitely better directed, but they still look silly in 2018. I'd still rather watch Burton's films any day over TDK and TDKR though.

It is indeed a very silly movie.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
BvS is by far the best. Begins was cool too except for how it folded/bent in on itself, like it didn't handle actual use very well.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of suits, I also want to take the moment to say Batman & Robin's played a formative role in my pre-pubescent sexual awakening. In other words, Joel Schumacher made me gay and Hollywood's homosexual agenda absolutely exists and should be stopped through whatever means necessary.