• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
They had to bulk up Afflecks suit way too much to cover up his bloated body.

In Justice League it's even worse. He looks fat and bloated as Bruce Wayne even. I thought the buttons on his vest were going to pop in one scene.

OP is right. Returns is best for style. Dark Knight is best for function.

Oct 25, 2017
If people want to say Affleck/Bats in BvS is too bulky, that's fine, but saying he's fat is just silly.

I haven't seen Justice League.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think you can beat this.

a57153cce552928b47a7f6cc503cfdee39902e80efc96effec076e55668140a9.jpg

or this

review_knightmarebats_large.jpg

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a comics expert, but in addition to changing standards, I believe Batman stories, in general, weren't as serious as the more recent iterations. The cartoonish wackiness was part of the appeal.
They were pretty serious to begin with, then slid into being kinda silly. Then the TV show grabbed onto the silly aspect and ratcheted it up, then the comic got even sillier in response.

Oct 28, 2017
BvS def best looking live action Batman design. Batman 89 looks good when shrouded in darkness. Way too many scenes of Batman in broad daylight in TDK and TDKR which kills the illusion. Also I don't need Batman's suit to follow real-world logic (armor and all that), he's a wraith, a beast, a phantasm. Today's comic book movies go way too far in "grounding" the world. He's Batman in a comic book universe. That's all we need. We don't need to know all the shit his suit is made of to buy in to the ficfion

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally batman begins has the best bat suit, period. Wish they made minor alterations but kept the same concept for the rest of the bale movies

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the suit from Batman vs Superman and Justice League. Seems like I'm in the minority on that.

Not sure I could pinpoint a best suit, but can we all agree that Batman Forever/Batman and Robin had the worst suits put to film?

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The abs look ridiculous though. Like something you would see in a Cartoon Network show where they need simplistic and stylized characters.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Knight suit is perfect for that movie's world and the BvS suit is perfection for that movie's world. All the others leave a lot to be desired.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I don't love any of them, honestly. They're all overly-sculpted, or over-designed in some way or another. I don't like sculpted rubber, or fake musculature, or not being able to turn your head. I probably like the silhouette on the Dark Knight suit the best, though I also don't like all the armor detailing all over it.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
i like most of the suits, minus the nipple suits.

the dark knight is probably my favorite, i bet it feels great to wear that thing.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Team Batfleck all the way. Love how imposing he looks, and love the short ears. Batman finally looks like someone I wouldn't want to fuck with. Nolan is probably my least favorite ones, I've never loved the idea of making them look super technical to try to explain/justify his abilities. I don't need to know how Batman's cape can do what it does, that will literally never be a thing I'll nitpick.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman Returns is just a Tim Burton big budget film that they threw Batman in.

It's awesome.

And nah, the suit is basura because of the cowl, the cowl is a key part of the aesthetic and it being solid and inflexible make the thing look ridiculous. You're docking points for the cowl on the other suits, fair game.

If Forever removed the stupid nipples it's probably the best one.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
By far the best Batman (and the batman universe) has ever looked was at the hands of Bruce Timm

12a693f0f6e31a95bed1f770bcda4753.jpg

More specifically the pre-black eye joker, black bat symbol era.
Can´t translate to a live film unfortunately

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I think I found our bat problem.

All these designs have to be put on the heads and faces of these whimpy actor faces, and not one of them is chin enough to be The Batman, and the whole suit design falls apart from there.

I mean look at that thing, he could hammer nails with that.

So you're saying Bruce Campbell should be Batman?

OP
OP

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Have no issue with the Returns torso. Belongs in that art deco inspired world. Shares lines with the Batmobile and all that.
I like it

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
By far the best Batman (and the batman universe) has ever looked was at the hands of Bruce Timm

12a693f0f6e31a95bed1f770bcda4753.jpg

More specifically the pre-black eye joker, black bat symbol era.
Can´t translate to a live film unfortunately
God I loved that show and mask of the phantasm. So good.

On topic, the only suits I haven't liked are forever and batman and robin with bat nipples. Everything else was either fine or really good.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
The Batman Begins suit is my favorite. It's actually one of my favorite Batsuits, period. I just like how clean it looks while still maintaining a comic book aesthetic rather than the more militaristic suit in TDK. No nipples, no fake abs, no bright yellow components, etc.

batman_begins_2005_1716_poster.jpg

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a movie one, but I'm starting to warm up to the new Telltale Batsuit too.
77eb690d6d144defbaadf2cce8b3fbe4.png

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wish they would make an attempt to incorporate the white eyes of the regular cowl (not the tech suit) into the design, and have it show up more often than just the Detective Vision in Dark Knight. If it's an issue with the eyes emoting, they could have it like the animated special Gotham Knight where it's visible beneath the lenses.

452047.jpg

Or they could just have it be modular, there are even lenses built into the Batfleck cowl.
But that's just a weird preference I have.

Karnova

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Batman 89 has the best direction.
Batman Returns has the best art direction
Batman Forever has the best song (Kiss From A Rose)
Batman and Robin has... the best puns.