• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dantendo

Oct 27, 2017
South Australia
This is making wish the Halo Infinite beta was still going. As someone that still plays BF4, I'm really not having a good time here. Map is too large, bots are unsatisfying to kill, gun feedback is meh, glitches and graphical errors everywhere.

Still hope with Battlefield Portal.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Here's a bit more Series S footage (1440p 60 capture, not sure of game res, but it looks 1080p with possibly some sort of temporal solution). if anyone wants to check it out. I thought this one turned out pretty cool, the game seemed less glitchy, and I got to try be passenger in vehicles, helped take out a helicopter, and shot some fools.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Played 3 games and stayed in a little bird a whole round. Feels good to not get locked onto every 2 seconds like you do in BF4.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
This is from Xbox Series X (but as I understand this is the One X version in BC?).
It seems to have hundreds of bugs and visual glitches everywhere, framerate is unstable, input lag feels high and there's no visible "generational leap" we all expected from BF4 to this excluding the bigger map and more players.

Considering all of this 1 month before launch I'm really starting to think this is coming in hot "a la CB2077".

Especially seeing this stuff on OG Xbox / Base PS4:

FBAKevJVEAMqnze

Finger crossed for the final release...

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looooooving it!

I'm getting around 60 FPS at 4K with everything on ultra. When the full game launches I'll mess around with settings to get 120 but so far being used to play on consoles this is more than good. Graphics are not super impressive but they are nice and I like then, it's just missing the WOW factor, but I can live with that easily. Honestly not seeing where the complains about performance were coming from before the beta started...but then again, I'm a noob PC player.

I'm still having issues with my series X controller on PC, the game still turns my aim up out of nowhere all the time including during firefights or when I'm running towards an objective...it's super disorientating. Anyone having the same issues? Help?

I'm loving the plus menu for attachments, feels great to capture a CQC flag, change my optics to long range and go in the open for the next objective.

Guns feels and looks good, movement as well.

I would like some ammo crates in strategic places because in true BF tradition no one drops then and the ammo pick ups when you kill someone are really low.

Played with Falk but I'm not feeling her syrette pistol, the hookshot guy is good but it's gadget is not as powerful as I thought.

Overall I feel like players die too quick. You barely have any reaction time, feels like COD but then again BF3 and 4 had really low TTK.

I wonder if I was playing mostly with bots because I was going 63/9 KD, felt wrong lol.

Orbital is OK? Not bad or anything but it's not going to be a classic BF map IMO.

Overall is good to have Battlefield back! You were missed! I'm going to play this game A LOT!

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
Stupid question, but what is the Ping Button or Spot Button?
The Prompts are tiny and the UI is so cluttered, the Information about lost Points is too big.
Where can I change the load out permanently, can I change guns? Feeling a little bit lost o_O

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
In fairness, I don't really like Conquest so I can't complain too much, but yeah this is kinda boring :/ Doesn't help that you can't check the map

I personally can't wait to play breakthrough on these maps as well as Portal, but this beta has done nothing for me

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Played 3 games and stayed in a little bird a whole round. Feels good to not get locked onto every 2 seconds like you do in BF4.

If they haven't done major balance tuning between closed test and this build then lock-on range for AA missiles is very short. Helos can with ease hover outside of range for lock-on while nuking AA platform efficiently.

One would hope DICE has learned lessons from BFV balancing, but I'm not holding my breath...

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Played 3 games or so, its pretty great! Haven't seen the rocket or tornado yet though :( Games are ending way too early, the teams are super unbalanced.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Played two matches on Series S. It looked pretty good at times but there were also a LOT of visual glitches. The movement and shooting feels kinda weird and laggy most of the time. And yeah it rarely felt like 60fps at all.

I haven't understood how to use the + system and put a sight on my assault rifle. Or how to get a helicopter or jet. Tanks are always taken, there should be some kind of queue or something.

But the most important part for me is: If DICE smoothes this stuff out then the game could be absolutely AMAZING. But the movement and shooting needs to feel as responsive as BFV did.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I'm looooooving it!

I'm getting around 60 FPS at 4K with everything on ultra. When the full game launches I'll mess around with settings to get 120 but so far being used to play on consoles this is more than good. Graphics are not super impressive but they are nice and I like then, it's just missing the WOW factor, but I can live with that easily. Honestly not seeing where the complains about performance were coming from before the beta started...but then again, I'm a noob PC player.

I'm still having issues with my series X controller on PC, the game still turns my aim up out of nowhere all the time including during firefights or when I'm running towards an objective...it's super disorientating. Anyone having the same issues? Help?

I'm loving the plus menu for attachments, feels great to capture a CQC flag, change my optics to long range and go in the open for the next objective.

Guns feels and looks good, movement as well.

I would like some ammo crates in strategic places because in true BF tradition no one drops then and the ammo pick ups when you kill someone are really low.

Played with Falk but I'm not feeling her syrette pistol, the hookshot guy is good but it's gadget is not as powerful as I thought.

Overall I feel like players die too quick. You barely have any reaction time, feels like COD but then again BF3 and 4 had really low TTK.

I wonder if I was playing mostly with bots because I was going 63/9 KD, felt wrong lol.

Orbital is OK? Not bad or anything but it's not going to be a classic BF map IMO.

Overall is good to have Battlefield back! You were missed! I'm going to play this game A LOT!
Man I'm having the opposite experience with regards to performance. I'm on a 3080, and at 1440p I struggle to maintain 60 FPS even on almost all low settings.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Main takeaways so far.

The map, while impressively big, IS TOO BIG. If you don't have a vehicle dropoff and you capture two objectives that are close, have fun running 400-500m to the next objective and hope to god you don't die on your way there.

UI is ALL over the place and not in a good way.

Graphically very impressive but also very inconsistent, with pretty poor visibility at range.

Grappling hook is pretty great, love it.

I like the customization at will on guns and loadouts being very open.

My main takeaway and biggest gripe is you're either in the action and it's CRAZY or you're completely alone if you're away from your team. Feels like there is no in-between.

Oct 31, 2017
This is certainly Battlefield on the surface but I agree something feels off with the gameplay. Love swapping attachments on the fly. Not a fan of the UI and the bots are awful. Seeing the tornado in front of you is so damn cool.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm having the opposite experience with regards to performance. I'm on a 3080, and at 1440p I struggle to maintain 60 FPS even on almost all low settings.
I'm on a 5800X and 3080TI, 32gb 4000Mhz RAM and a super fast M2 SSD.

After all the talk I was not expecting it to run as good as that. My PC is brand new as well, don't know if it helps with anything.

Edit: DLSS is enabled as well so that is not native 4K.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I honestly have a hard time believing that this game is supposedly out in 5 weeks...
Crazy potential but it needs more Time in the oven.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
In fairness, I don't really like Conquest so I can't complain too much, but yeah this is kinda boring :/ Doesn't help that you can't check the map

I personally can't wait to play breakthrough on these maps as well as Portal, but this beta has done nothing for me

Breakthrough with 128p is a bit sweaty, haha!

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
The beta is very clearly a beta, but the game seems promising. This might be the first Battlefield game I get on release if it's in a decent state by the time they push it out of the gate. Which seems like the only viable option? I'd say they'd be crazy to release it as is on this demo, but after a few of the more recent debacles nothing seems too far fetched.

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
this feels pretty much like the technical alpha with 2 months of fixes and work on it

that is to say, performance and bugs are still pretty prevelant - getting a lot of issues with the UI in particular - but it looks a lot better

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Man compared to halo this beta is rough

-laggy
-graphical glitches
-got stuck on the map numerous times
-laggy animations
-underwhelming sound
-overly large ui

I found the huge map size just means alot more walking between objectives. At least the graphics are nice

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
No idea what it could be on my end. As far as I can tell everything about my rig is functioning normally, everything all up to date, etc etc.

Could always throw hailmary and install latest NV driver, even when it doesn't have official support for this beta.

Also pop open task manager or if you have MSI Afterburner installed and look at HW utilization. Especially CPU across all cores and GPU overall.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I dont believe that for a second

Really? Do we have a source for this?
If it's 6 months old, why was the beta delayed?
answers.ea.com

Battlefield 2042 - Open Beta Known Issues

Hey Folks - Throughout the Open Beta this week, we’ll use this thread here on our Battlefield 2042 forums to help make you aware of the issues that we know to exist in this build of the Open Beta. The thread will be updated throughout the week, so check back often if you’re looking to track...

The "6" months was somwhere mentioned in this thread but not sure. Officially it still says "months ago" .

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
When its rainy and overcast the visibility goes down the drain when an enemy is on grass.

They straight up vanish lol.

Also the Objective letters are too damn small during gameplay. I got no clue what objective I'm heading to. The letter is like 20% the size of the colored box.

Ark

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
There's a lot of copium in this thread regarding this 'old' build.

The build may be old, but this is the build they've chosen to release to the world to sell them on the game. This isn't a 'beta' in the true sense of what a beta originally is, this is a demo. The game releases in just a few weeks.

I'm still playing and but the game is missing so much polish. I didn't realise the audio was underwhelming until someone above mentioned it, and I certainly agree.

EDIT: I love the way the new medkits and ammo crates work though.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Also the Sniper EMP gadget is so, so annoying! Lol

Way to go to make an annoying class even worse DICE! LMAO

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I missed the gun feel of modern BF, man picking right up where I left off

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
This is certainly Battlefield on the surface but I agree something feels off with the gameplay. Love swapping attachments on the fly. Not a fan of the UI and the bots are awful. Seeing the tornado in front of you is so damn cool.
Personally, what feels off the most is how the guns feel, they're basically all the same and have zero recoil, which is really strange for a Battlefield game. Using a sniper rifle was really underwhelming

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the big tornado that goes through the map is pretty awesome. Just had a bunch of people parachuting around it while shooting each other lol

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
Does anyone know how to bring up the commorose or is that gone now? I can't see any keybinds for it. There's no context-sensitive requesting anymore for example if you're looking at someone who's carrying ammo you can't request any ammo from them.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Is the medic's dart gun meant to revive players? I haven't managed to make it work. Probably my fault

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
the big tornado that goes through the map is pretty awesome. Just had a bunch of people parachuting around it while shooting each other lol
Yeah, the tornado is fun as hell.
But the UI definitely needs some polish.

90% of the UI is way too big. But the "actions" UI is way too small.

For instance, press X to Revive is so tiny you can barely read it.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I played 3 matches on Series X and the game feels janky, it's not stable enough to play.

The map is massive but then they contain all the action to key points. So it either takes forever to get to the action or there's just too much going on and it feels like a cluster fuck.

I'm open to trying different maps and modes but this set up really didn't sell me on it.

OnChill

Dec 7, 2017
Im really loving it but there's one thing i hate and that AI Bots. So unsatisfying to kill and no reason for them to be there :(