• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It's the same guy from this rumor and some others(he's been on a roll!).
A TL;DW, shamelessly stolen from reddit:
  • Destructible buildings
He calls it ''Levolution on steroids'', there will be fully destructible buildings. For example, when you shoot with a tank on a building it will be damaged and eventually fall over. The destruction isn't simply animated, it's actually calculated. Every building can be destroyed except the buildings that are important for the objectives.

• Squad system
There are squads (4 people) and platoons called "Units". The units will have 3 - 4 squads. There will be a unit leader. This makes it easier to manage large amounts of team mates to complete objectives as the leader will direct each squad (sounds really epic to me, if true).

• Crossplay
Full crossplay between PS5, Xbox Series and PC, he also sayst that if the old-gen version comes out it will be included.

• Free element
There will be some free elements of the game. Probably the Battle Royale mode.

• Battle pass
There's gonna be a battle pass where each season is around 8 - 10 weeks and you can get up to level 100.

Everything sounds believable minus crossplay with old gen, I wonder how this would work if true.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I wish.

Destructible buildings were sorely missing in recent Battlefields.

I want chaos.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
"Every building can be destroyed except the buildings that are important for the objectives."

Funny, because even those buildings could be destroyed in Bad Company 2. I remember the flattened wastelands those maps turned into.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't imagine the PS4 and PS5 version are going to feature the same kind of destructibility if its totally calculated.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hmmmm I hope fully destructible is balanced because completely destroyed maps doesn't sound fun in the late stage of games.

I liked the way BFV did it so I guess we'll see. Obviously there could be some improvements to system.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While a battle royale could be cool with Battlefield destructibility, it seems weird for EA to have two since they've got Apex Legends already.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I wish BF6 would ditch last gen consoles entirely. 90% of sales are likely going to be PS5/SX/PC anyway.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine if there's crossplay with old gen versions, it will only be for the modes available on the last gen copies instead of them trying to figure out how to get 128 player matches to work on a Xbox One or PS4.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
"Every building can be destroyed except the buildings that are important for the objectives."

Funny, because even those buildings could be destroyed in Bad Company 2. I remember the flattened wastelands those maps turned into.
Hated some of the maps when playing rush and the building you're in is destroyed and basically no cover.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
are they making a big deal out of what was basically already a thing in BC2 in terms of destruction...?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect news across the board.
I'm over the moon for crossplay finally, however I STRONGLY hope it's input based.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
If those numbers of players per team are to be believed, crossplay with last gen isn't a thing. Crossplay between last gen versions only probably.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
BR is whatever, I won't touch it, but the rest sounds great. Loved me some levolution events.

I'm going to save all my MS Rewards points for this I think.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Dear Battlefield, stop trying to make Battleroyale a thing. Do what you're good at instead.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Destruction needs to be better than BC2.
No more regressing like they did in BF4, 1 and V.

BC2 is 11 years old!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm anxiously cautious. I would love to get sucked into BF like I did during BF3 and 4, and even BC2 to an extent.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm gonna be honest when I say that I don't get the hatred for battle royale. It's just a game mode and honestly, launching an FPS in 2021 without battle royale would be like launching an FPS in 2001 without Capture the Flag. It's a popular and fun game mode, and it's here to stay

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
3 out of the 5 things are such obvious things any modern FPS or online game should have. Since they already built the BR tech no one played it but its there just evolve it.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I hope this is the Bad Company 2 sequel that I need. That was my favorite battlefield multiplayer. Just give me fun, dumb chaos.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
6 has to find ways to be able to squad up people who actually want to work in a fucking squad and use a mic; issue commands as leader. I still play BFV sometimes and too many leaders not doing anything or using any resources, refusing to leave and rejoin to give up command. People running around aimlessly on their own. Dumb.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Dear you, shush

A BF BR could be good if it's well supported. EA is a large enough company to fund such a thing and also fully support the normal BF stuff
EA already HAS a killer BR. It's called Apex Legends.

Why would they want to compete with themselves?

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Great news if true.

If there really is crossplay, what really conerns me are cheaters.

I hope they implement a good anti-cheat and keep it updated to keep a healthy playerbase on the long run.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
They should copy the squad system thst MAG had where theres a squad, platoon and overall commander that can call in specials like airstrikes or tactical stuff

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
I wonder if previous gen cross play really means cross gen progression

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah cool, just give me Battlefield 3/4.5 but with pretty graphics and good maps and I'm there day one. Another 500+ hours of my life taken by a videogame.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
It's too early to separate PR talk from facts, I'd advise against getting hyped so soon.

Additionally, what I'd like is an entertaining campaign, and they haven't given me that since Bad Company 2. The seriousness and greatness of recent games has been pretty boring to me.

Edit: this should be on Gamepass Ultimate at some point, right?

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA already HAS a killer BR. It's called Apex Legends.

Why would they want to compete with themselves?

Do you say that of every publisher that makes 2 games in the same genre?

It's a $100 billion industry. There's plenty of money and players to go around. Plus Apex and BF play almost nothing alike. They aren't in competition as far as my time and money are concerned because I don't play Apex and would 100% play a good BF BR.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
I wish they would just stop with the Battlepass, especially with shooters in settings like this, they add the most immersion breaking things at some point.....

Other things sound great though.