• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I think I found the problem

2b60db1fb8e38a6ba7c4bee1d7488556.gif

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
two maps, nice. curious to see what changes they made after the first two closed alphas.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Will be switching between Destiny 2 and the beta so that should be a good time regardless. Excited to see the changes from what I played in the alpha to open beta.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Its just the service model? New stuff gets added in line abit of how world war 2 went. Like weapons, vehicles, maps etc and next to that skins and stuff like that.

That's what I thought. A new buzzword for events/themes/DLC, similar to Call of Duty's events. However, this is what confuses me:

A Quick Ride on the Tides of War
A preview of the Tides of War — the ever-evolving journey through WW2 featuring a new narrative every few months — also awaits players in September. Each chapter of Tides of War is designed to focus on an aspect of the era, with unique gameplay experiences to drive players forward.

A five-part Tides of War chapter will be part of the Open Beta. Players who complete the chapter will earn an exclusive in-game Dog Tag in Battlefield V at launch.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/news/battlefield-5-open-beta-announcement

Complete the five part chapter? Is that like five challenges to do?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
This is interesting

EA Global Manager of Community Engagement (Ben Walke) confirms that #Battlefield V's Battle Royale mode is NOT being made by DICE, but a different studio