• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
I Installed the BF4 but no rush servers up 😕 idk why DICE don't remove rush or frontlines as limited time modes in BF:V. By far my fav modes to play. Moving forward..

Today i revisit BF: Hardline and got so much fun! Hotwire is great. Blood money and heist is quite fun to. To bad nobody play in any DLC servers anymore. this BF have nice dlc maps, imo.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Wake island breakthrough is shockingly bad. I played a decent amount the last two days to get used to the gun changes (I dont love them but I don't hate them) and on conquest it's decent but breakthrough is horrible as the Japanese. Yes you can win sometimes but it's just a slog. No fun at all. Went back to Pacific storm and it really drives home how much better that map is. I still think it's one of the best ever.

I'd love to give the planes a go but it takes forever to upgrade. I don't mind putting in the time, I did on BF3 and 4, but it takes way longer here and the new Pacific planes are far stronger than the regular maps so it's even more difficult to play against upgraded planes. They really needed the Flieger too much as well. I can only kill planes if it's a dead on hit with the planes nose facing me. If it's dead on but from the side no go. It wouldn't be so bad if they left it as is damage wise but extended the range. As it stands now every pacific map I play there's several planes at 50-2. You've fucked your balancing when they're getting that many kills every match

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
The tank balancing is quite frustrating, I don't mind that they're stronger because a coordinated team can still decimate a tank. But the issue is the balancing around the hard numbers rather than the actual live metrics. Literally next to no one will even attempt to deal with tanks often leaving one or two people struggling away. There should be a middle ground for it.

The tools are strong enough but no one uses them.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
you should be able to destroy any tank with 3 sticky dynamites. Seems a good risk/reward balance IMO.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you should be able to destroy any tank with 3 sticky dynamites. Seems a good risk/reward balance IMO.
You can, at least the medium tanks that are in the Pacific. The thing people don't get is that the sticky dynamite doesn't do its max damage unless it's actually stuck to something.

Same that the AT mines need to be run over to do max damage, tossing them down and then throwing a grenade to blow them up next to a tank won't do a ton of damage.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
yes, the LVT and Ka-Mi can be destroyed using only 3 sticky dynamites, but I think that's the only ones. It's true that it needs to stick for maximum effect (and it seems that aiming for the rear of the tank is now more effective since 5.2.2) but it shouldn't be a big problem if you get close enough. And I don't see many tankers using the zimmerit specialization, but when I see one I know that this guy knows what he's doing :)

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, the LVT and Ka-Mi can be destroyed using only 3 sticky dynamites, but I think that's the only ones. It's true that it needs to stick for maximum effect (and it seems that aiming for the rear of the tank is now more effective since 5.2.2) but it shouldn't be a big problem if you get close enough. And I don't see many tankers using the zimmerit specialization, but when I see one I know that this guy knows what he's doing :)
I think the Sherman and the 97 can both be one shot if all three bombs are placed on the engine.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Vehicles should be first person only. You want to keep buffing vehicles, that's a solid tradeoff. Require tank pilots to have situational awareness and cooperate with their team.

People cried for tank buffs with shit like "every time I get in a tank, I'm hit with 10 rockets instantly and die." It's definitely unfair that a third of an entire team all playing one class aimed at stopping vehicles worked together to take a single player in a single vehicle from the other team.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Vehicles should be first person only. You want to keep buffing vehicles, that's a solid tradeoff. Require tank pilots to have situational awareness and cooperate with their team.

People cried for tank buffs with shit like "every time I get in a tank, I'm hit with 10 rockets instantly and die." It's definitely unfair that a third of an entire team all playing one class aimed at stopping vehicles worked together to take a single player in a single vehicle from the other team.
I semi-agree with this. The FOV when in 3rd person is a huge advantage for tanks. I also think tanks should cause friendly fire (cannon and driving over people), but then I think all explosions should cause friendly fire. As is, loading a tank and having 1-2 supports crouched behind for continuous repairs without fear of getting run over is essentially an unbeatable machine.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Posting a Sexist Meme, Prior Bans for Inappropriate Jokes Including a Severe Ban for Posting a Racist Meme
I miss the old days
dz16jm43gb541.png

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
The Fliger nerf hit too hard that no one really uses it on the maps anymore. Lol

I wouldnt say too hard, those things were absolute monsters. One guy could solo an airplane with it just shooting up in the general vicinity.

Now it at least requires 2 people in unison that have to actually aim and lead to down one

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt say too hard, those things were absolute monsters. One guy could solo an airplane with it just shooting up in the general vicinity.

Now it at least requires 2 people in unison that have to actually aim and lead to down one
Its still useful as a solo area denial weapon. You might not kill the plane but you'll send them running.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
A plane will go back to it's base to refill it's bombs after pretty much every run anyway, only hurting it is close to useless.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit lol

Thanks for the replies - still seems rather divisive
I just started playing (after 5.2) and am a long-time fan of the series, since 1942.

I will say that I enjoy it a lot, though it definitely isn't as good as BF3/4.

Haven't played enough to say if I like it more than BF1 (whoever is responsible for the naming conventions over there needs some serious coaching), but I am having a blast. Outside of some weird bugs, I really don't see what all of the fuss is about.

If you like BF, and were never exposed to the previous TTK, I think that you will at the very least have some fun with it.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go out on a limb and assume it's because she's a woman. Anti-fans foam at the mouth at the idea of playable female soldiers in Battlefield.

The fuck is an anti-fan?

Pretty sure I dislike the art style in BFV because character models are often a jumbled, unrecognizable mess compared to BF1. Probably why they added auto spotting.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
The comparison between in game captures and bullshots is a bit unfair, but it's an odd character model. The jacket over one shoulder, somehow held in place by the holster rig looks very wrong.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been using the M1 exclusively as my Assault weapon since I got the game, and I've just switched over to the STG and good Lord, this feels like a different game. Immediately went 27-3 in a game before I stopped checking the score.

Balancing is out the window.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been using the M1 exclusively as my Assault weapon since I got the game, and I've just switched over to the STG and good Lord, this feels like a different game. Immediately went 27-3 in a game before I stopped checking the score.

Balancing is out the window.

Yeah but you lose style points in the process.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
This game is a freaking nightmare. How is it that after a full year we still can't get balanced matches. Three games in a row and it's 27 to 32. How is my team supposed to have fun when we are at such a disadvantage? This happens constantly. I think I'm about to put this game/series to bed for good.

Last edited:

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
This game is a freaking nightmare. How is it that after a full year we still can't get balanced matches. Three games in a row and it's 27 to 32. How is my team supposed to have fun when we are at such a disadvantage? This happens constantly. I think I'm about to put this game/series to bed for good.
Dice seemingly cares more about catering to the Fortnite audience, with TTK changes and the like, versus team balancing and bug fixing.

Zaku3

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
BF1 had some amazing character designs

Being able to play a Sikh medic was awesome (even of they spoke in British accents). I remember showing my mom and she was surprised as you dont usually see Indian people in video games.

I never heard the phrase until Hearts of Iron 4 but it is a nice nod to the lions of the great war.

I recall people complaining about that and the black German soldiers though.

Oct 27, 2017
Dice seemingly cares more about catering to the Fortnite audience, with TTK changes and the like, versus team balancing and bug fixing.

I don't think that is the case. It seems like EA cares about Fortnite audience, and therefore any Fortnite elements were implemented in the half-assed manner by Dice.
Someone has to explain this, and it is definitely not going to be any current DICE employee.

• Single player: mediocre.
• Co-op: failure, abandoned.
• Social training: failure, abandoned.
• Attrition: when was the last time you cared about ammo?
• Role Specializations: what happened? A single BF1 perk was more effective, silence ever since release.
• Tactical/Lethality: ever single update was designed to reduce it.
• Battle Royale: failure, abandoned.
• Grand Ops: failure, abandoned.
• Competitive mode: cancelled days before release.
• Fortifications: mediocre, lacking improvements. Hello? Any improvements to the support weapons to make them useful?
• Women: erased from the marketing materials ever since Firestorm.

What we are left with are core modes (Conquest, Breakthrough and TDM) along with experimental modes (Rush and others). We are left with the bare minimum what BF franchise should offer. The game has tried branching to every possible direction, failed everything, and here we are. The only question is whether it is EA mandating those modes, or whether DICE themselves punching far above their weight.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Developing Battlefront and Battlefield seems to have been too much, especially when they've tried to take this game in a slightly more hardcore direction before launch and gone all in on live service with the rotating modes and all the unlocks.

It has felt incredibly unbalanced this week on the xbox, it's either stomp or be stomped with one decent squad being enough to crush opposing teams.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think that is the case. It seems like EA cares about Fortnite audience, and therefore any Fortnite elements were implemented in the half-assed manner by Dice.
Someone has to explain this, and it is definitely not going to be any current DICE employee.

• Role Specializations: what happened? A single BF1 perk was more effective, silence ever since release.
• Fortifications: mediocre, lacking improvements. Hello? Any improvements to the support weapons to make them useful?

What we are left with are core modes (Conquest, Breakthrough and TDM) along with experimental modes (Rush and others). We are left with the bare minimum what BF franchise should offer. The game has tried branching to every possible direction, failed everything, and here we are. The only question is whether it is EA mandating those modes, or whether DICE themselves punching far above their weight.
Agreed on every point.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So... I have $10 in credit and the game is $16 right now.

I sold it 8 months or so ago (before any of the DLC dropped I think besides Firestorm).

Is it worth jumping back into? Visibility, low amount/quality of the maps, load times, and other reasons made me sell it.

Is the game in a better state today? I did read the past 2-3 pages but the response from some of you guys has been very mixed lol.

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017

Wow. Brutal, sad... and true.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield is at it's best when it is kept simple.

It's why 1943 was the best Frostbite Battlefied game until the Pacific Content released for BFV.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Question:

Most OP weapon in Battlefield history?

From the top of my head if I remember correctly there was a stint during BFBC2 where the M60 was basically an Omnipotent being, it was outperforming snipers and shotguns at respective ranges never mind semi-autos and other LMGs. I don't think a single patch ever made it not the best gun, just slightly less monstrous.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Stop being an anti-fan, consume.
As I already said, my issue with that image is how it takes the top row of normal looking soldiers, and compares them to the Phantom of the Opera, a soldier wearing a Christmas hat, and a female soldier, as if a woman fighting in a war is on-par with the egregious nonsense that is a guy with a ridiculous mask and a guy wearing an absurd outfit.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
After putting in a good 6+ hours into the game after the hot fix this weekend I still can't get over the TTK changes.

There are just too many moments where at range my guns turn to pea shooters and I know my skill/accuracy should've taken an enemy down.

Also with zero team balancer leading to humiliating matches, this just saps my enthusiasm to play more going into 2020.

Wake island alone is not enough for me to grit my teeth through such a sub par BF experience. It was all good a month ago, I'm still in shock DICE tanked their own game again like this lol.

I'll be returning to Titanfall 2 for my MP fix, it's a totally different shooter but my fun is more consistent there.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
As I already said, my issue with that image is how it takes the top row of normal looking soldiers, and compares them to the Phantom of the Opera, a soldier wearing a Christmas hat, and a female soldier, as if a woman fighting in a war is on-par with the egregious nonsense that is a guy with a ridiculous mask and a guy wearing an absurd outfit.

She looks like - at best - a partisan fighter because she has relatively plain clothes on rather than any discernable uniform and gear. That's why it's silly in the context of Battlefield, not because she is a woman. It makes target identification at a glance pretty hard. Nobody had a problem with the Russian snipers in BF1 because they were well done. Previous games had a more defined aesthetic and stuck with it. BFVs mix and match needs more careful curation than it got. The Japanese appear to have more restrictive uniforms, so maybe that's a start.

I personally don't want a guy with a scarf, toque, and ugly sweater running around anything other than a special event, but that's me.

A good portion of the elites are really tacky and I could do without them, regardless of gender.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

During WW1, there were many disfigurements and many people who faught and had their face disfigured had masks and covers put over their faces most tailored to the type of disfigurement they were inflicted. Some had them painted to their skin colour, some were fine with having it white. The guy with the mask is high ranked considering the early stage that BFV represents of the war, so the mask is not very far fetched at all. Ever see Richard Harrow in Boardwalk Empire?

th

The female fighter is clearly partisan French who wore what they could to cover up and blend in. Jackets aren't out of place at all.

Sniper+resistance

2660196_3098035c.jpg

reisistance.jpg

wwii-female-fighters-5.jpg

As for the guy in the Xmas outfit. I got nothing. It's just fucking stupid.

Dec 17, 2017
Played a good few hours of 5.2.2 and its yet another balls up in mighty long list of balls ups for BFV. It's a staggering bad design choice for the TTK to be so radically changed at this point and it baffles me how Battlefield has always been about large maps and big play areas, something that DICE/EA have gone at length to highlight ("Biggest Battlefield map EVER!" in promotionals), and yet they have completely made the mid-range or medium engagements completely redundant. After struggling with my goto semi-auto rifles and going 0-4 in my first match, I switched to the STG44 laser rifle and within 90 seconds was 6-4. DICE wanted to increase the weapon pool in use but have succeeded in reducing it to the STG, the Type 100 and sniper rifles. If you play as an assault and don't pick the STG you are actively handcapping yourself. Everything about slow, methodical, tactical play has been thrown out the window in favour of run-and-gun quick TTK full auto laser guns. People have moaned about a million different things in this game but universally the gun-play of 5.0 and back was praised and liked - so fuck it, lets change it again (after promising not to ever again) and have a clean sweep of things to displease the players; also the same players who have persisted with the shitshow through thick and thin.

Planes laugh at AA and the fliegerfaust and a half decent pliot will easily go 50-3 every round as they are pretty much farming tanks, infantry, everything but other planes without any semblence of balance. Where is the touted rock-paper-scissors that BAttlefield games are supposed to be built on. It's easy to say "co-ordinate to take the planes out" but when the fuck has any team in Battlefield ever co-ordinated to any degree? Balance across all vehicles and their counters continues to be a mess. Kills for planes are even easier now as everyone is now bunched up running with the Zerg, something that returned with 5.2 and something that DICE said they wanted to erdicate after BF1.

Bugs, glitches, bad spawns, horrid net-code (this has gotten real bad again with super bullets and dying way behind cover) and absolutley no team balancing persist after a whole year on the market. Ping rates on servers are out of control, sometimes servers wont start, sometimes you won't get an end of round report, unlocks remain locked despite meeting the requirements, assignments that must of been designed by an AI if I'm being kind because surely no human being could of dreamt such jokes up.

I really could go on and on - just about everything in this games torrid year life has been luching from one drunken-like disaster to the next, occasionally sobering itself and starting to look respectable and then firmly jumping back on the wagon and puking all over itself.

My guess is that EA is driving this clown car when it comes to decision making but I still see DICE as riding shotgun. I fear that BFV has and is causing a lot of damage to the franchise and I have little faith that it can be pulled around with the regular dumbfounding decision making.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That'd explain why I'm seeing so many STGs. Without exaggeration almost every Assault I died to over my last few rounds had one. Wondered what was up.

I haven't gone over what they changed in the attempted TTK hotfix, but semi autos still feel awful. The mid range engagements of the game are so dull now.

My guess is that EA is driving this clown car when it comes to decision making but I still see DICE as riding shotgun. I fear that BFV has and is causing a lot of damage to the franchise and I have little faith that it can be pulled around with the regular dumbfounding decision making.

I wish I could give DICE the benefit of the doubt, and finger EA as the singular culprit, but I just don't know any more. I have zero doubt the latter's influence on the former has lead to a lot of issues, but with DICE all I can go off is evidence as demonstrated by the patches and builds in of themselves and the accompanying PR. My core problems with Battlefield V can honestly be stripped back to it being a game that I just don't think is very well designed as a whole, which has to be DICE, but stuff like the auto-spotting patched in and then immediately patched it just shows that something up there, probably combined of EA and DICE leadership, has completely lost of the plot.

And while I'd be happy to look at this as a once off, Battlefront 2 is no better. As I ranted about in the other thread, I thoroughly enjoyed DICE's take on Battlefront even if it was plagued with its own issues (bacta bomb patch broke the encounter metagame, and stages still had far too many bottleneck grinds), as I did Battlefield 1. But sitting next to Battlefield V is Battlefront II, legitimately the worst AAA multiplayer game I've ever played and awful on every front. So...yeah. I'd be nice if it was just EA, but it's feeling like DICE has no fucking idea what they're doing either.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Planes laugh at AA and the fliegerfaust and a half decent pliot will easily go 50-3 every round as they are pretty much farming tanks, infantry, everything but other planes without any semblence of balance. Where is the touted rock-paper-scissors that BAttlefield games are supposed to be built on. It's easy to say "co-ordinate to take the planes out" but when the fuck has any team in Battlefield ever co-ordinated to any degree? Balance across all vehicles and their counters continues to be a mess. Kills for planes are even easier now as everyone is now bunched up running with the Zerg, something that returned with 5.2 and something that DICE said they wanted to erdicate after BF1.

Your best chance to kill a plane is to only open up with the AA while he is directly over you/just passing. They will presumably be on your side of the map at that point and they'll have to turn around to bomb you, giving you and your team time to get chip damage in. If you just open up from max range, they can put 2 500lbers on your head from max altitude without any issue. I've done it a lot.

The Flieger is still nasty, it's just that nobody is using it anymore, or at least it feels that way. I used to get nailed pretty much anytime I got within 500m of infantry on any map. Now you can zoom over the entire zerg and not get shot at. I don't know if it's learned helplessness or what, but people have just given up. It doesn't help that maps like Wake turned the tank spam up to 11, making AT rockets necessary.

It's not like air combat is any fun for the pilots. If you're not in the fighter variants, you're toast the moment someone decides to use one. The TTK is so quick that maneuvering doesn't matter. War Thunder this game is decidedly not.

Increasing the importance of angling your tank armor might be the only balance change they got right in the patch.