• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the color at all. The world is a vibrant place, and there's not shame showing that in a war game. That's part of what makes war so uncanny in the first place. The juxtaposition of tragedy and the beauty of the earth below the battlefields.

It's the skins and the customization that worry me the most. I totally understand the financial need to do so, but it's not for me and that's ok.

I dont think theyll go COD styled silliness though. Youre not running around the field as a gingerbread man. It will be some skins, hairstyles, etc. The game isnt going to be dark and horrific, and thats okay

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Color wasn't invented until the 1980s.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Glad about no participation from weapon companies, but... well waiting for more, that's not really enough.

Deleted member 34388

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Do people get that mad when a war game shows grass being green like it is and vibrant colors? I honestly am amazed by this WHAT? lmao.

Deleted member 16576

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer has never felt serious in any Battlefield game that I have played.

Mechanically speaking, no. But visually, I think it's hard to deny that DICE has strived for authenticity in the past. While not "realistic", tonally it felt appropriate for the setting. Just look at a video like this:

It doesn't feel tonally "wacky" in any way.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
The reveal trailer was obviously from a single player mission, so if what Jackfrags is saying is true, multiplayer will be slowed way down. But Battlefield has always had insane moments unfold spontaneously similar to that in the reveal trailer.

Feb 8, 2018
Don't go into the YouTube comments. Just don't. Seeing video game characters with vaginas is apparently enough to send people into a frenzy.

I'm all for anonymity on the internet but sometimes i'd LOVE to have a technology that will not let anyone bypass their real age identity. Would also be embarassing to see how many trolls are in the 20 to 40's range or even older.

Enthused

Apr 25, 2018
Very much an Inglorious Basterds vibe from that.

I mean, a female soldier with a hook hand bahaha. Hilarious.

Absolutely no realism whatsoever so far, which is fair enough.
Absolutely. This is Battlefield WW2, Inglorious Basterds style. I think it's going to be a lot of fun because this gives the developers a huge amount of creative headroom with the story and gameplay going forward.

This will not be a WW2 simulator, which some people thought it possibly could be due to being a numbered, mainline, Battlefield game. If it had the "Bad Company 3" subtitle or something similar, the confusion would have been cleared up quickly.

Either way, the game will absolutely be great. And let's all remember that this is a video game. The goal is to be fun.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting exactly zero WWII vibe from this trailer. If this is going to go the Inglorious Bastards way then I'm fine with that. I really want authentic WWII feeling from the MP but if they can make SP interesting (like in BC1), I'm onboard.

I loved the woman character, easily the largest badass in BF history, but the YT comments are indeed cancer. It's SP, they can easily write her into the story to make complete sense.

I might get torn apart here, but just as I mentioned before, half the team being women in MP might be immersion breaking. Although if it's going to be as batshit crazy as this trailer that will be the smallest thing.

okelF

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Sexism.
A SJW themed game in a historical setting, very interesting. This stuff was not out of place in Overwatch but it feels a bit risky here, BF has a worldwide audience and they may not approve of this American way of rewriting history all over the globe.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
This is not for me, but it's a big game and I was curious, so I want to leave my opinion here. Might get me banned as usual, but oh well? :lol

It was okay for a reveal trailer, it's what 10 million games have been doing for a while now, look like a movie trailer.

And if the second part was indeed gameplay, holy shit, there's a whole lotta things happening on screen, how is that even playable in real life?

I feel like more and more, game reveals are looking less and less like the actual product. All this scripted slash cinematic footage is distracting us from raw gameplay.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Yeah the Jackfrags video has definitely sold me on this. The new features sounds great to bringing this much closer to classic Battlefield game while also not skimping on innovation. Wish they could have actually shown this stuff to us in the reveal instead of emptily talking about it.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most immersive Battlefield and war game...

...and still no dismemberment, limbs, etc. What a waste. I mean, I'll be there day one but just imagine that shit with proper war wounds and shit ? They could just make it an option or even a gamemode or something only on certain servers.

As the game keep looking better and closer and closer to reality, it's becoming all the more obvious and distracting to me.
That would make it the greatest game ever made, "dismemberment, limbs, buckets of blood, heads exploding" etc? oH MAN!!!

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Mechanically speaking, no. But visually, I think it's hard to deny that DICE has strived for authenticity in the past. While not "realistic", tonally it felt appropriate for the setting. Just look at a video like this:

It doesn't feel tonally "wacky" in any way.

Yes, DICE strived for authenticity which is why you could play as a pigeon in single-player...

Judging all of BFV on a segment of a single-player mission is kinda silly.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no historian but I'm pretty sure the world wasn't so vivid in those days. It's a shame that Dice is giving up realism and historicity for flashy eye catching graphics. EA only cares about the masses and has no respect for the fans. Damn Shame from my perspective.
I can't tell if this is meant to be serious or satire

origin.gif

Deleted member 16576

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think theyll go COD styled silliness though. Youre not running around the field as a gingerbread man. It will be some skins, hairstyles, etc. The game isnt going to be dark and horrific, and thats okay

It's only ok because that's ok with you. And that's a totally fine opinion to have. Visually and tonally, from what I've seen so far, I'm not too optimistic, but I'll keep following the game until launch like always and I'll make a decision about it when it's necessary. I would never want to force my ideas of what a Battlefield game should be, nor would I even be able to do that. But, I do think a WWII Battlefield game should feel at least as dark tonally as Battlefield 1 felt. But that's just my opinion.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
This is sounding a lot more interesting than I thought. Glad they are moving away from the awfulness of the new battlefield games. The seriousness really does the series a disservice. Looks like they are going back towards the older games and even further?

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a Quentin Tarantino version of WW2 if you ask me. lol
I don't like the female character at all, that pitchfork arm looks ridiculous and so out of place *I M O*. Then again like I mentionned this looks more like Inglorious Bastards WW2.

Oct 26, 2017
Hrm. First minute I was into it. By 2 minutes I was meh. I dunno...Gorgeous as hell. But nothing gripped me. It looked like a Battlefield game.

Deleted member 16576

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, DICE strived for authenticity which is why you could play as a pigeon in single-player...

Judging all of BFV on a segment of a single-player mission is kinda silly.

Again, playing as a pigeon was mechanical device not a visual one. I'm also not dismissing Battlefield V entirely, just saying the based on what they've shown I'm pretty lukewarm until I see more.

zoltan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
things that scare me about this game are:
1. performance on PS4(BF4 and BF1 suck at large scale battles)
2. hardcore (with all that customization hardcore is gonna get very difficult, if it's there)
3. live service for Battlefront 2 sucks right now so I can't really trust in DICE