Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Father Rodin is no joke. He really makes you go from "wow I'm pretty good at this game, I kick ass even on hard" to "holy crap why can't I stay alive for more than 15 seconds"

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get some guidance here? Going through the game doing PP runs for every level. Up to chapter XV and doing well every fight beforehand is pretty trivial got to verse 8 with the dumb cannon sequence and for the life of me I can't seem to get enough combo points... and I don't know how to raise my combo multiplier. I've been able to kill the boss in well under a minute because I'm tapping so quickly I keep stun locking the shit out of him to the point where he doesn't even really attack except for the one scripted punch where he destroys the first cannon.

Should I slow my attack down and hit the missiles as well? Kind of a pain doing the whole chapter yet again. =|

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow back to replay Route 666.

I've been replaying some levels over and over until I could get rid of stone rewards. I played Chapter 5 today for the fourth time after having beaten story mode, and could finally upgrage from stone to silver.

I really feel how I'm improving. Replaying a chapter with Gaze of Despair, and then replaying it again without it makes it extremely easy. A great accessory for training. And you get a huge amount of halos, great to spend on new outfits, magic pearls and energy hearts.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get some guidance here? Going through the game doing PP runs for every level. Up to chapter XV and doing well every fight beforehand is pretty trivial got to verse 8 with the dumb cannon sequence and for the life of me I can't seem to get enough combo points... and I don't know how to raise my combo multiplier. I've been able to kill the boss in well under a minute because I'm tapping so quickly I keep stun locking the shit out of him to the point where he doesn't even really attack except for the one scripted punch where he destroys the first cannon.

Should I slow my attack down and hit the missiles as well? Kind of a pain doing the whole chapter yet again. =|

It's been a bit since I've played, so I don't remember how to maximize score in that fight without the use of accessories, but try usingthe Bracelet of Time to trigger witch time periodically throughout the fight. That should get you more points.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

That sucks, and it's kind of weird too. I don't think I've ever had Combo issues on that Verse.

General tips (some of which you may already know):
  • Use Pulley's Butterfly before you get in the turret. It makes the whole sequence a lot easier; you can even absorb the laser attack! (However, I don't believe that you can absorb the punch, though I may be wrong on that.)
  • Don't shoot the missiles. When they get near you, dodge out of the turret to get Witch Time, then immediately re-enter and continue shooting him.
  • Your shots arc downward a bit, so aim a bit high to ensure that you're actually hitting the boss' body. If your shots aren't connecting properly, then you could drop your combo, which will lower your score drastically. Keep an eye on the combo meter, and if your combo drops at any time other than when you're swapping cannons, then I'd recommend resetting.
  • Try equipping Gaze of Despair. I don't actually know if it works on that boss, but it doesn't hurt to try!
Good luck on your PP! You're almost there. :D

EDIT: Palazzo's Bracelet of Time suggestion is also a great idea.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Finally figured out Verse 8 and I figured out exactly why i was doing so poorly but out of the fire and into the frying pan I guess.... verse 9 is even worse lol.

"Here are all these enemies that are on fire and you can't touch them but also we expect you to have a huge combo none-the-less. "

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Finally figured out Verse 8 and I figured out exactly why i was doing so poorly but out of the fire and into the frying pan I guess.... verse 9 is even worse lol.

"Here are all these enemies that are on fire and you can't touch them but also we expect you to have a huge combo none-the-less. "

Fire Durga on feet and hands.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan

For all verses where you shoot -- take a look at the controls screen before skipping it right away. For bike and rockets sequence you have TWO buttons shooting. For turret verse -- you have three even. Tapping 2-3 buttons with fingers doubles/triples your damage/points.

If you see a stray bullet coming at you -- jump away from the turret and dodge to activate witch time. Continue shooting in WT for bonus points.

Keep your distance. Hold your punch/kick buttons to make guns shoot. Gunfire from holds should be making most of your damage. If you see an enemy getting too close to you -- do a quick tetsuzanko to push them away.

You can even do 2 (or 3) tetsuzankos:

A combination of tetsuzanko+jump+ heel stomp is also very good.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys, I'm trying to complete Witch Hunt Trial 5 in Bayo 2.

Any good tips? I've managed to get as far as Balder and Rosa, but I get my ass kicked most of the time when I reach the 2nd stage (those 2 Knight like Angels)

Also, has anyone ever beaten these trials with only the gun sets and none of the other weapons?

It's freaking hard lol.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm trying to complete Witch Hunt Trial 5 in Bayo 2.

Any good tips? I've managed to get as far as Balder and Rosa, but I get my ass kicked most of the time when I reach the 2nd stage (those 2 Knight like Angels)

Also, has anyone ever beaten these trials with only the gun sets and none of the other weapons?

It's freaking hard lol.

When your on the second stage I would stay away from being in-between them and more on the outer layers of the space when facing them, I find that stage easier than the first one. Generally for trial 5 I resorted to using Rosa and the time bracelet as I found out that help me a lot for getting platinum.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
When your on the second stage I would stay away from being in-between them and more on the outer layers of the space when facing them, I find that stage easier than the first one. Generally for trial 5 I resorted to using Rosa and the time bracelet as I found out that help me a lot for getting platinum.

Thanks. One of them keeps grabbing me and throwing me to the ground, taking away a huge chunk of my health. I'll stay on the outskirts during my next try.

Don't have Rosa. How do you unlock her? I only have Bayo and Jeanne. As for accessories, I don't have much either. I only got the accessory where you push the stick in the direction of the attack to block it, and it automatically becomes Witch Time when I get hit (is this what you meant by the Time bracelet?)

Trial 4 and 5 are haaard lol.

Here I thought I was decent but apparently not.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. One of them keeps grabbing me and throwing me to the ground, taking away a huge chunk of my health. I'll stay on the outskirts during my next try.

Don't have Rosa. How do you unlock her? I only have Bayo and Jeanne. As for accessories, I don't have much either. I only got the accessory where you push the stick in the direction of the attack to block it, and it automatically becomes Witch Time when I get hit (is this what you meant by the Time bracelet?)

Trial 4 and 5 are haaard lol.

Here I thought I was decent but apparently not.
To prevent them from grabbing don't stay under them too long as that will cause them to try and grab.

To unlock Rosa you have to get at least all gold or above on all levels for hard difficulty. Time bracelet I think it's the same requirements as well.

Rosa does a lot more damage than Bayonetta or Jeanne but she takes a lot more as a result. She can only use her revolver set and not any other weapons.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
To prevent them from grabbing don't stay under them too long as that will cause them to try and grab.

To unlock Rosa you have to get at least all gold or above on all levels for hard difficulty. Time bracelet I think it's the same requirements as well.

Rosa does a lot more damage than Bayonetta or Jeanne but she takes a lot more as a result. She can only use her revolver set and not any other weapons.

At least gold on hard difficulty... I can manage that.

Alright I'll give that a go. Was getting tired of getting my ass kicked in Trial 5 so I'll put that on hold and try this now.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet tits Bayo 2 is incredible. It's mind blowing how much I like it more than the first. More colourful, more refined, less bullshit, no shit insta fail QTEs, miles better pacing and way cooler weapons.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Same.

It's a fantastic series.

Imagine Bayo 3 when that comes out, and how great that will be. Hopefully once 3 comes out, the series popularity will grow and we can get more games.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Playing bayo 2 after finishing the first for the first time...

Wow, i enjoyed the first game tremendously but bayo 2 is just pure fucking delight so far.

Glad I decided to try these games out, would have missed out on an amazing experience otherwise.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So, this just arrived.

DYMy2dWWkAEQW7I.jpg:large

And this might not be the right place to ask but, does anybody know if you can redeem points with these cartridges? Because it says that "I can't redeem points from this software yet" or something like that, maybe it has to do because they're Japanese cartridges?

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, this just arrived.

And this might not be the right place to ask but, does anybody know if you can redeem points with these cartridges? Because it says that "I can't redeem points from this software yet" or something like that, maybe it has to do because they're Japanese cartridges?
You can only redeem those points on a Japanese account.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So, this just arrived.

Congrats. Mine shipped today.

I'm very tempted to get 2 covers from the US version and used those for the games. I can't stand having cases with different languages.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can do this first Alfheim on Chapter XV with a PP. :( I've tried forever and I've managed to get a clear once without getting hit but then came up with only a bronze combo medal. These stupid fuckers with the shields make this thing like 8x harder than it otherwise would be. Can't attack them from the front AND their attacks have almost no startup frames on them making them hard to react to.

I don't wanna give up but... ugh. I don't have a sound strat that seems to be putting up numbers that I need.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
How is anyone supposed to PP the masked lumen?

Cheese strategies. It's pretty much impossible to PP him while fighting in a "normal" way.

The Masked Lumen is weak to bullets. They do good damage and can actually keep him locked in place for some time.

Equip Scarborough Fair and spam PKP over and over. Hold the Kick and the second Punch. Use Dodge Offset to get Witch Time, and when you get it just keep shooting him. During Umbran Climax, keep doing PKP and keep holding the Kick and the second Punch. Don't try anything tricky.

Bracelet of Time can also be used if you can enter the fight with a filled magic meter, and Charge Bullet (the stupid technique where you hold down Shoot) is also weirdly effective against him. During his flying phase in the first fight, you can stun him indefinitely using Charge Bullet.

But yeah, it's a really stupid fight to PP. And he'll still randomly hit you with his bullshit spear throw attack when he's barely on-screen.

So, this just arrived.

Congratulations! No idea on the point question, unfortunately.

I don't think I can do this first Alfheim on Chapter XV with a PP. :( I've tried forever and I've managed to get a clear once without getting hit but then came up with only a bronze combo medal. These stupid fuckers with the shields make this thing like 8x harder than it otherwise would be. Can't attack them from the front AND their attacks have almost no startup frames on them making them hard to react to.

I don't wanna give up but... ugh. I don't have a sound strat that seems to be putting up numbers that I need.

If I remember right, the charged-up Hammer can be used to damage them through their shield. Though I could be misremembering since I haven't played Bayo2 in a while.

When the shield guys try to hit you, make sure you hit the counterattack prompt in response. I believe the button for it is Shoot (Y).

EDIT: Whoops, I thought you were talking about Bayo2 for some reason, when it was clearly Bayo1 in retrospect lol.

Last edited:

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Has anyone beaten the game on hard difficulty or higher with just the guns on both hands and feet?

It's easier with the other weapons of course (especially Alraune) but the guns are more challenging from what I'm playing.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
DYNvSdWVwAU7lA1.png

Gah. Finally. Finally found a video that had a really good strat for the Alfheim. Also gosh. That last boss fight the camera is REAL bad especially when you're trying to make sure you time your dodges well.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished PPing Bayo1 on Normal (again). I like the game more and more each time I beat it.

I'll resist the urge to jump into Hard mode and try to go finish Bayo2...

Why wasnt the OT title Nintendo'sWitch

People wanted to save that for Bayo3. You can only do the 1-2-Switch joke with this one.

DYNvSdWVwAU7lA1.png

Gah. Finally. Finally found a video that had a really good strat for the Alfheim. Also gosh. That last boss fight the camera is REAL bad especially when you're trying to make sure you time your dodges well.

Congrats!

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Ah, damn.

Well, they're basically just a dollar anyway.

While that is true, try always to register your other regions carts. Being based in Europe, I've been able to register american Ittle Dew 2, Resident Evil and japanese Bayonetta, while others like american Tiny Barbarian or japanese Bayonetta 2 didn't work.

I have no idea what's the logic behind really.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YOO, the Gaze of Despair accessory is so fucking good. Like just immediately made the game infinitely harder but also infinitely more fun. I'm abusing dodge offset like it's on sale right now and it feels amazing. Everything just got so much more dynamic and fast-paced it's insanity.

And this goddamn gargantuan Combo boost I got from it. I love it so much when games reward you for making it harder on yourself.

1st5R2G.jpg

Didn't think I could love this game even more but it's really climbing up the top ranks now.

Last edited:

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost screamed because of the snake controls in Bayonetta 2

What the fuck :,) it controls so badly lmao

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Same.

It's a fantastic series.

Imagine Bayo 3 when that comes out, and how great that will be. Hopefully once 3 comes out, the series popularity will grow and we can get more games.
Do we really need more games though?
Like, it was Bayonetta who got a whole quality trilogy, thats already more than Metal Gear Rising or Ninja Gaiden got, much more 'popular' games in the genre.
But i feel the world is limited and Platinum will want to move somewhere else eventually

Many modern series "end" at trilogies before changing teams/prequels/, maybe for a fourth game Bayonetta will change mythology after dying in the next game :p

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Do we really need more games though?
Silly question~!

But seriously, if there's a force at P* that wants to keep making games for the Queen, then I'm just fine with that. It's not like we're exactly swimming in pure character action games in the here and now, anyway. I'm already counting it all joy that she's on the way back, while Mr. Dante is looming over the horizon, as well.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Silly question~!

But seriously, if there's a force at P* that wants to keep making games for the Queen, then I'm just fine with that. It's not like we're exactly swimming in pure character action games in the here and now, anyway. I'm already counting it all joy that she's on the way back, while Mr. Dante is looming over the horizon, as well.
I mean, i would be there day one of course! super happy if a Bayonetta 4 is ever announced.

But i don't want to count the chickens before they hatch im happy either way, its just thoughts that come to mind :p
People love to talk about the future of the series.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta (mostly the first game) scratches an itch that no other game does for me, both from a gameplay POV and a tone/character POV.

When there's another series where I can stomp enemies to death with my high heels, then Bayonetta can retire. Until then, Platinum better keep making good Bayonetta games!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
But i don't want to count the chickens before they hatch im happy either way, its just thoughts that come to mind :p
People love to talk about the future of the series
Yeah, sure, we mustn't get ahead of ourselves. But since our beautiful witch has already survived her apparent demise not once, but now apparently twice over? I think it's fine that we can (ideally) start thinking she's got some healthy years left in her, yet.

I mean...I'm still hoping that Sega and Atlus will make the right choice and put her in SMT5. For crying out loud, she's an in-house property that would fit that game so well!

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Any good videos/tips on learning dodge offset?

I feel like I hit a wall a little in Bayo but if I learn how to do that then I can enjoy my time with the game for even longer.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Any good videos/tips on learning dodge offset?

I feel like I hit a wall a little in Bayo but if I learn how to do that then I can enjoy my time with the game for even longer.

I assume that you've already seen this video.

Other than that, it's just practice. Equip Scarborough Fair, then press minus (-) during a loading screen to enter Practice Mode. After that, practice doing the following in order:
1. Do a basic PKP combo to produce a Wicked Weave.
2. Do a basic PKP combo, but hold down each button in the sequence so that Bayonetta shoots bullets.
3. Hold down Punch. After you shoot a few bullets, hit dodge. As you end the dodge, hold Kick. After you shoot a few bullets, hit dodge. As you end the dodge, hit Punch. BAM! Dodge Offset.

The next step is to, of course, apply it against enemies. I recommend just trying it in the Prologue first, maybe with the PPPPP combo. Hold each Punch in the combo to shoot bullets. When enemies try to attack you, dodge out of the way while holding Punch to do Dodge Offset, then keep hitting them with your combo after you get Witch Time.

It takes some practice before it comes naturally, but once you get it then you'll be doing it effortlessly. Hold down the buttons!

Any tips for Platinum-ing space harrier? I kind of want to give up tbh

1. Equip Eternal Testimony if you have it. Use missiles liberally, both against bosses and against normal waves of enemies.
2. 95% of the bullets in the stage are aimed directly at you. That means that you can avoid getting hit simply by moving constantly. Think of it like a game of Snake; you have to constantly keep moving, but you also can't move back over a spot where you were recently (since bullets are going to be hitting that spot shortly after you move away from it).
3. For each wave of enemies, I start on the center-left side of the screen. I'll try to describe my movements for each enemy wave that I can remember.
Decorations (baby angels): just shoot them and get magic. If they're shooting bullets back, then move gradually across the screen to dodge them.
Affinity (normal angel grunt): move right along the screen. As your lock-on indicator switches between each Affinity, shoot one missile in order to kill it. After killing the first three, move up and do a loop back to the left side of the screen to repeat the process with the next 3 affinities.
Harmony (stupid manta ray): Move towards the center to keep your shot on them and kill them, then hit dodge to return back to the left side of the screen and repeat. You can use missiles here as well, though they sometimes dodge them. Once you kill all three on the left, move over to the right side of the stage and repeat it for the next 3 Harmonies.

The bosses (as well as Inspired and Beloved) are all pretty typical. Dodge their fireballs to get Witch Time, then unload your missiles into them. When the big bosses do their green bullet attack (as opposed to their fireballs), just move around in a circle to dodge the bullets.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to buy the first game today and wow I'm really impressed so far. Played the demo on 360 way back and always wanted to buy it but never did. Will definetly buy 2 when I'm done with the first one.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Does Gaze of Dispair work in the Final boss fight in Bayo 1? Got to the end of the verse with the actual boss fight aaaaaand ended up with a gold medal. Not sure where I went wrong. Last thing I need to PP. Just not sure where to make up the combo score b/c the towers she plants into the ground go down with only a few punches. And the few times that you do get to really open up on her I did a pretty good combo on her. Just not sure where I went wrong. If Gaze works that might help.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Idk if this is old news but supposedly Hellena Taylor said she hasn't recorded any lines for Bayonetta 3 two days ago, maybe it really was greenlighted recently.we could see a small glimpse without VA at E3

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Isn't that what happened for Bayonetta 2?

They demoed the entire prologue, but hadn't started recording new lines yet.
Yeah , but they also showed early in development stuff in January.

Bayo did say 'no one said you could touch' and 'you want to touch me?' so there is still time for a couple lines.