• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
incredible
glad they teased this, I stayed up for 27 hours
worth it

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

[URL unfurl="tr
With 29 years of experience in game development, Bend Studio has had a rich legacy in video games. From the iconic Syphon Filter series to Resistance: Retribution, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Days Gone, we strive to provide our players with high-quality experiences that create a lasting impact. As we reflect on our past and look toward the future, we are thrilled to unveil the new Bend Studio logo to you all.

"The wordmark and symbol were designed to be graphic and bold, so that we utilize numerous variations in colorways and stylised treatments of the symbol (exampled below), while still maintaining an identifiable brand identity. Because the Bend Studio logo is split into a symbol and a workmark, we have more flexibility with the symbol." – Shay Casey

Our new Bend Studio logo represents an abstract and modern interpretation of the studio's history, location, and lifestyle. Located at the base of the beautiful Cascade Mountains in Central Oregon, Bend provides us with a unique lifestyle where we can work in tech, but live life analog. After a day in the office, we like to plug into adventure and use our extra life to shred the slopes at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, or take a long hike in the wild.

"We set out to create a new identity that would be cutting-edge, abstract, and minimalist. It should feature simple, high-tech geometry but also represent the constant motion of creativity. Ideally it would be the kind of logo that is recognizable to gamers on the street without the need for a wordmark. Over time it should be easily identified as a symbol of gaming just like a certain swoosh is of sportswear.

With those objectives in mind, we are illustrating Bend Studio's technical innovation with a forward directional look. The letterforms are cut to run parallel to the leading edge of the outer symbol triangle but still maintain the stability of our mid-weight non-italicized font. The Cascade icon in the center of the symbol is an abstract representation of the many mountain peaks that are the center of our lives in Central Oregon and define our skyline. Additionally, there is a small break in the "I" that represents one of the lumber mill smokestacks that speaks to Bend's history as a logging town before its current existence as an outdoor enthusiast destination."

– Shay Casey
Associate Art Director (Branding & UI)

"The new logo allows us to be creative with stylised treatments. We had a lot of fun concepting the above." – Shay Casey
ue"]https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...d-studios-future-and-a-look-back-at-its-past/[/URL]

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have any feelings for or against the logo but it is kind of weird for a studio with the word "Bend" in their name to change their logo to be entirely made of sharp angles.

As for the new IP...ehhh. We'll see what happens but "multiplayer" and "open world" are not buzzwords that excite me. They're gonna need to show a really interesting concept or I'll probably write the game off.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Includes multiplayer" would imply that it isn't a multiplayer-first project.

More on topic, that logo is excellent! Big fan.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The weather system in Days Gone was preeeeetty good so I imagine that'll be something carried over.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
52119554217_d64d1a6524_k.jpg

They look so good!

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I don't get the logo design but it's not bad.

Look forward to how they progress from DG which I loved.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Days Gone mention is rather odd. If it's a new IP what systems are really going to carry forward that a Days Gone fan will be interested in seeing? The biggest system that was unique to DG was the horde system and I dunno how you carry that over to a new IP.

Jan 4, 2018
Gaming needs more fun logos with distinctive visual identities. This one is boring.

While not perfect as a first entry, I loved Days Gone and the cliffhanger got me really excited for the sequel. Still sad that they move on from the franchise, I love universes like those.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The Days Gone mention is rather odd. If it's a new IP what systems are really going to carry forward that a Days Gone fan will be interested in seeing? The biggest system that was unique to DG was the horde system and I dunno how you carry that over to a new IP.

Just make a game about fighting hordes?

It's all about the mountains that surround Bend itself. It fits for the area which is very outdoor activity heavy.
Yeah, I was surprised to see in the documentary about the last operational Blockbuster that Bend was such an outgoing hiking town otherwise. I guess even hikers need to Netflix and chill every once in a while. Cool logo, to say the least.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe they're going to use the horde system to instead simulate high-density urban environments with a ton of pedestrian traffic.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

"The new logo allows us to be creative with stylised treatments. We had a lot of fun concepting the above." – Shay Casey[/center]

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I felt Days Gone would have been far more widely loved if it had coop. Wonder what exactly they're taking from DG for the new game. I doubt they'd just take hordes and stick them in a new game. Maybe a more involved and systematic open world.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Love the new logo. Good luck to the Team. Hopefully, they've taken the good lessons from Days Gone.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Not a fan of the cutoff letters but that's the smallest nitpick. That Emblem is fucking awesome.

Good for Bend too

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious why they went with a lowercase "i" in STUDiO. Maybe a kerning thing?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game differentiate itself enough from other PS IP's. Days Gone was disliked because it was another gritty zombie game.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Liked the previous one more but it's just a logo

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Love the logo, and all the different designs they can do with it!

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really have any feelings for or against the logo but it is kind of weird for a studio with the word "Bend" in their name to change their logo to be entirely made of sharp angles.

It's the city Bend in Oregon, and the mountains surrounding, both are represented. What did you want, a piece of bent pipe that has nothing to do with either?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
cool logo.

"Builds upon the open world systems of Days Gone" = you have my interest

Good luck to the team, I'm optimistic about this new chapter