• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metroid-prime-4-nintendo-switch/5896303.p?skuId=5896303

Hype train time?

hypeTrainSmaller.gif

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I wonder who would be making it cos without Retro or another studio of similar mentality they might easily get it wrong and end up with something more like, I dunno, SEGA's Binary Domain with a dose of Other M stylings and CG movies or something. Binary Domain was good obviously but clearly not what the Prime series has been about.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who would be making it cos without Retro or another studio of similar mentality they might easily get it wrong and end up with something more like, I dunno, SEGA's Binary Domain with a dose of Other M stylings and CG movies or something. Binary Domain was good obviously but clearly not what the Prime series has been about.
Samus Returns was great so I will give whoever makes this a chance

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
If it's confirmed for 2018, Metroid Prime 4 will be my most anticipated titile of the year !

This January Direct can't come soon enough.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Samus Returns was great so I will give whoever makes this a chance
That was a Metroid-like by people who had made another Metroidvania in the past though, so it fit, with Nintendo's guidance on top (and the fact it was a remake rather than all new) helping to make it better than their last game.

If they announce the developers and they also worked on games that could fit Prime's mold I'll worry less (same if the trailer/footage is mind blowing regardless of dev of course). Not that I'll be 100% set on my mind pre-release.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
It's happening. I always believed. If it releases in 2018, then it will automatically be my most anticipated game.

Oct 30, 2017
I hope we have a date soon. The Prime 4 announcement was the only reason my other half agreed to get a Switch in the first place.

I seem to remember reading Nintendo were doing this one entirely in-house. I could be wrong, though.

mickdundee96

Nov 23, 2017
That was a Metroid-like by people who had made another Metroidvania in the past though, so it fit, with Nintendo's guidance on top (and the fact it was a remake rather than all new) helping to make it better than their last game.

If they announce the developers and they also worked on games that could fit Prime's mold I'll worry less (same if the trailer/footage is mind blowing regardless of dev of course). Not that I'll be 100% set on my mind pre-release.

Retro hadn't worked on anything like Prime till they worked on Prime.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I've always had a feeling that MP4 was going to be released in 2018. Mind you, this is not necessarily a confirmation but I'm still betting that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.