BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Former Vice President Joe Biden commented on the UK elections as his third and final California fundraiser on Thursday, drawing parallels to US politics.

"Boris Johnson is winning in a walk" "Look what happens when the Labour party moves so, so far to the left. It comes up with ideas that are not able to be contained within a rational basis quickly."

"You're also going to see people saying, my god, Boris Johnson, who is kind of a physical and emotional clon of the president, is able to win"

He said that, as time goes on, Democratic voters will place a higher premium not just on who can defeat President Trump, but who can bring along the rest of the party

A quick and opportunistic jab from Biden. Almost seems like he's celebrating Labour's loss. Maybe wait a few days next time Joe.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Joe Biden.

This is only the start of this most recent tide of anti-left sewage. I'm already tired of it. Prepare for a whole lot more of this "the left is unelectable!" bullshit from moderates and the right. Let me repeat...

Fuck Joe Biden.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really like him but he is not wrong.

If you looked at data outside of the social media/era bubble yesterdays results were coming.

When boris johnson is more trusted on the healthcare services than corbyn it is clearly a failure.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The only thing I don't agree with in that tweet is BJ being Trump like. He is definitely no where near as far right.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the centrist vultures throw up takes like this while ignoring the fact that centrists got owned the hardest in the UK election sure is going to get obnoxious fast.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate it, but I think he's absolutely right. Trump will only lose in 2020 if moderates AND progressives vote in large numbers. Trump's challenger has to have a very broad appeal.
Luckily, we have a candidate who does well with independents and progressives. It's a just matter of getting him through the primary

Last edited:

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hilary Clinton lost to Trump my dude. Does he realize this? Dems picked the centrist candidate and lost.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I don't agree with in that tweet is BJ being Trump like. He is definitely no where near as far right.
Read this and get back to me:
51lmJZP8TmL.jpg

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the new "tactic" is to go after the left? Is this how the democrats are going to do it?

Fuck Joe Biden.

"New"?

This has been the tactic of mainstream American politics for the better part of the entire past century. America has shed blood, armed coups, funded dirty wars, and produced a truly staggering amount of propaganda all in the name of trying to stop leftist political ideology from spreading, and that effort has been bi-partisan. This is how it has always been.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You cannot fault progressivism for the average human's stupidity.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah but look at what happens when the Democratic Party moves so far to the right.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I woke up this morning and saw the magnitude of the conservative's win, I thought the same thing. "We can't nominate Bernie or Warren, we'll wake up the day after with the same bitter disappointment." It's not a 1:1 comparison situation, but largely holds.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look what happens when a quasi-senile geezer attempts to run in a presidential election just because he was Obama's VP.

Fuck Biden. Arrogant prick.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
When I woke up this morning and saw the magnitude of the conservative's win, I thought the same thing. "We can't nominate Bernie or Warren, we'll wake up the day after with the same bitter disappointment." It's not a 1:1 comparison situation, but largely holds.
So when Biden loses next year, what does that tell us?

Oct 27, 2017
People don't believe we can be better.
They run from progressive policies because they think it's dangerous thinking and madness to try and change the world. They think you'll just make things worse.

Biden is playing into that fear that's holding back the whole planet. Sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
"New"?

This has been the tactic of mainstream American politics for the better part of the entire past century. America has shed blood, armed coups, funded dirty wars, and produced a truly staggering amount of propaganda all in the name of trying to stop leftist political ideology from spreading, and that effort has been bi-partisan. This is how it has always been.
Oh I am fully aware of that. It is just that lately it seems even more apparent instead of trying to "hide" it. Hence why it is "new".

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Go fuck yourself Biden, you useless piece of crap. All you have to offer is compromise and complicity resulting in the current malaise.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
He's right. Probably doesn't need to say it, but he's right.

We're not going to tear down the entire economic system and rebuild it anytime soon. Doesn't matter how much Twitter wants it. Doesn't matter how much I want it.

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's gonna rustle a lot of Jimmies here. Because Biden's right, elections a won by conquering the middle.

The middle was annihilated and has nearly 20% of the seats that the Scottish Nationalist Party got. Furthermore, how do you look at the victory of a far right party and come away with the conclusion that they won by being more centrist? Same for Trump in the US, who is a far-right admirer of fascism.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
"Look what happened in the UK elections!"
"The centrists got wiped out?"
"No not that part"

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Anti-brexit parties made up the majority of the vote, the leader of the centrist party lost her seat and made no gains at all and this is what he takes away from our mess?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
The British election was about Brexit and to a lesser extent Corbyn's character (who was relentlessly slandered by the media). The actual policies and manifesto were popular.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Don't listen to him. It was a freak Brexit election where a sizeable number of Labour supporters wanted to leave.

And there's no fucking chance the American centre/left media will take part in a smear campaign against the dem nom. Even if it's Sanders. They've been a ray of light with their consistent battering of Trump/Republicans.