• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
Thought you'd seen it all, huh?
Well, Disney is, in actual fact, right now, commemorating the coming of Black Clover's superiority , by lubing up a pinapple to savour this moment.

DisloyalSpeedyFlatfish-max-1mb.gif

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Before this thread gets locked I'm popping in to say: No. No it isn't

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover is bad starting out becomes pretty good in the second arc, stays alright to good from there. Needs to tone down the fan service a little still though it's not nearly as bad these days.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is not shitposting mod, its a essential of Black Clover experience.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I've never spared a single moment of thought toward Black Clover. I've seen the name, but I don't have the slightest idea what it's about.

@Everyone except OP: Is the show worth watching? Should I add it to my queue?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I've never spared a single moment of thought toward Black Clover. I've seen the name, but I don't have the slightest idea what it's about.

It's pretty bad in the beginning between the frequency of fan service and the screaming in the beginning. That eventually tapers down, and it becomes an alright experience.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being anime automatically disqualifies it from being the best anything.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover is one of the absolute worst anime I've ever seen. It's like someone decided to put together all the absolute worst tropes in anime, take out everything else, and add some good fight scenes in between.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Isn't this the show where the general consensus is that it's the most mediocre thing ever? I may be thinking of Seven Deadly Sins

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's really basic shonen. Like bread and butter of the genre. It's fine. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

Some of the designs are nice.

OP
OP
ScandiNavy

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway

It is a good shounen. The first episodes has an annoying protagonist, but it all gets better from there.
Did you like the start of Naruto?
It's pretty much in the spirit of that.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even though some of them are inconceivable.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Have you ever read Fairy Tail? Imagine that, except with a metric ton less fanservice and wardrobe changes, and molded together with the premise of Naruto and shounen ideals.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this the show where the general consensus is that it's the most mediocre thing ever? I may be thinking of Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Deadly Sins is basically what Black Clover is aiming to be but missing the mark by lacking any sort of charm or wit to it that makes Seven Deadly Sins a fun read.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Black Clover is ok but there's other anime that do what BC tries to do but better, like 7DS for example

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017

Its like Fairy Tail and Naruto rolled into one, so if you like either of those it's right up your alley.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Have you ever read Fairy Tail? Imagine that, except with a metric ton less fanservice and wardrobe changes, and molded together with the premise of Naruto and shounen ideals.

Its like Fairy Tail and Naruto rolled into one, so if you like either of those it's right up your alley.

I tried watching Fairy Tail, but I got bored about halfway through the first season.

This show definitely doesn't sound like it's for me. Thanks, guys.

Last edited: