Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
wonder woman is still 31st on the list of 100

When WW came out, Rotten Tomatoes made a highest rated superhero film list, and Wonder Woman ranked first. Despite the fact that it had a lower percentage than some superhero films and average rating.

It's just clickbait nonsense RT is doing and taking advantage of the hype train.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
I hate marvel movies. I dislike how everyone is so witty and are constantly making jokes in life threatening situations. Is there a chance I'd like BP?

tjac

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, 3 of the top 7 movies of all time came out in 2018. What a time to be alive

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It's still there. Get Out got bumped out.

yWJNog7.png
sommit weird is happening, because when i reload the page it shows Black Panther there for a second but then it disappears.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by that chart Get Out should be number 1. Their algorithm is called "manual fan list".

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this is the most ridiculous thing ever. Black Panther is a super hero movie, not an art house drama with best actor/actress caliber acting. Guess it's the same people who say The Dark Knight or Fury Road are the best films ever, well no longer since Black Panther is number 1!

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hyperbole surrounding the MCU will never cease to annoy the fuck out of me.

The movie is great. Probably the best MCU film, and EASILY the most important one and a landmark picture that will hopefully spark the kind of change that is sorely needed in Hollywood...

But it's still got some crazy flaws and ranking it as the "best movie ever" is absolutely ridiculous.

Critics really don't stop masturbating to the Marvel studio machine, do they?

I am seriously glad for the film's success and was happy to be lucky enough to go out and support it.

Willkiller

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if you ever needed proof that a RT score doesn't have any correlation to the quality of the movie....

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hate it that I"m sick of movies that just have a bunch of boss battles between people with magical powers. I just can't do it anymore. I couldn't even get through the last star wars.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
For some people who doesn't understand how RT works. The tomatometer is the percentage of critics who recommend the film. The actual "score" of the film is the average rating (located right underneath the tomatometer).

Oct 31, 2017
Only time will tell that.

I think it's safe to say the film is culturally and aesthetically relevant RIGHT NOW

Yep. Stuff to be studied for the decades to come. People like it or not. The amount of thought that Coogler has put in this never ceases to amaze me. Here's an example:

I loved this video. I didn't even realize Nakia, T'Challa & Okoye are wearing red, black and green. That's so dope.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther is on par with Iron man 1. Iron man is what I considered the best MCU movie ever made. 10/10 but no way the best movie itself

MarineMountie

Banned
Jan 18, 2018

Shows you the flaws in the system and to not take it seriously. Toy Story 3, Finding Dory, and Moana are well ahead of Lion King, Toy Story and Aladdin. Get Out(which I thought sucked), Mad Max and Call Me By Your Name ahead of Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, Godfather, etc...

Whatever they are using to make their lists needs fixed. Badly.

intothesiege

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe not the best movie ever but I think most would agree it surpasses even James Cameron's finest works like aliens and T2

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well we are living in the stupid timeline, this is just par for the course.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yep. Stuff to be studied for the decades to come. People like it or not. The amount of thought that Coogler has put in this never ceases to amaze me. Here's an example:

... this seems like typical director homework to me?
Have you ever seen the amount of thought that is put into films by top directors?
Take Blade Runner 2049 for example.
If that video amazes you then what Villneuve did with BR will blow your face away. And thats just a recent example lol

Black Panther wasn't the first movie to plan out a fake mythology down to the smallest details. The Lord of the Rings movies are lightyears ahead.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Shows you the flaws in the system and to not take it seriously. Toy Story 3, Finding Dory, and Moana are well ahead of Lion King, Toy Story and Aladdin. Get Out(which I thought sucked), Mad Max and Call Me By Your Name ahead of Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, Godfather, etc...

Whatever they are using to make their lists needs fixed. Badly.

Godfather has a 9.2/10 average rating, most films on that list don't come close to that.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
wait, what's this paddington movie? I just saw some bear image and looked like another generic sentient animal shtick

is it really good? (i know that none of these movies are the best, but making it this high, there has to be something right?)