• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
A World of Starcraft open-world MMO with arcade sim elements would be amazing. It seems quite possible to me, especially considering they recruited a couple Star Citizen producers and devs 2 or 3 years back.

The technical challenges certainly sounds similar if this is the direction they are pursuing. This would be an exciting reveal :).

... If they can hold themselves back from including treadmill progression and loot boxes.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ive played them, and the single static room between missions doesn't represent what an fps would look like at all :S
Overwatch looks great because of its stylized cartoony aesthetic which doesnt really work for SC.
Obviously the scope is different, but I don't see why they would need to fundamentally change the aesthetic, especially with current-gen hardware. I think they can pull it off just fine.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Blizzard generally are trend setters. Though a idea just struck me that even though this game would had been in development for ages and now with vehicles in it, they are going to perfect the ROCKET LEAGUE formula. I don't know how they can possibly do that given the chatter but Blizzard only knows how to shoot the moon.

I can definitely see this new IP to be a Blizzard's goofy Rocket League clone. And it is going to sell bonkers as usual.