• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Forget about remakes or Diablo 2 HD. Remake has absolutely zero sense, and D2HD would be too time consuming. And remaster team at Blizz is working on Warcraft 3 HD if anything. It's Diablo 4 or Netflix series.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Are we absolutely sure it's going to be Diablo 4 and not something that would piss people off when revealed?

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
If it's D4 I just hope it doesn't have anything GIRLY or STUPID in it like RAINBOWS or COLORS

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Man i loved D3. Logging in, turning off the brain from work etc, play for whatever ammount of time i feel like and just go for some good old loot farming. Loved the feeling of a great weapon drop.

Bring me D4, not a D3 expansion. I want to see new ideas.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Maybe a diablo mmo that swats away those korean mmos that has diablo style combat systems.

Or not.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
It is. The other day, on ArtStation, they posted some job listings specifically for Diablo.

Please don't get us more excited than we are...

happy-dancing.gif

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Why are people inferring whether it "looks like" a remake by a t-shirt design? Anyway, I don't think their next big project would be a Diablo 1 remake, even if spiced up and expanded on a lot (short of making it so the dungeon under the church is a portal to a whole new world or dimension the size of Diablo 2 or 3, but that might be a tad too much to keep the "remake" moniker) it has a very limited scope that would pass as maybe a single quest line in a more recent game, other than its final boss of course. Unless this is some smaller side project and not the next big thing for the franchise of course, with the appropriate platform availability and pricing.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I can confirm I am indeed in final talks to write and show-run the new DIABLO animated series for Activision and Netflix. It's very exciting and I hope to the High Heavens it all works out.

— Andy Cosby (@andycosby) September 20, 2018

This guy is in final talks to start writing a series.
In which case, the Netflix series is still pretty damn far off.
I'm guessing it will be used to promote a new installment of Diablo. Either Diablo IV or a world of Diablo or whatever...

If there is anything coming anytime soon, it'll be a remake or a totally unexpected new xpac or DLC pack for Diablo III.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, the Diablo Battle Royale we've all been waiting for.

Eat cake, Rapture Rejects.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What if that game is both Diablo 4 and remakes of Diablo 1, 2 and 3?

If this game is truly a GaaS like we keep hearing, and that Blizzard will want to support it with content updates for years go come, we could picture this game as starting way back at the Diablo 1, complete with the multi-floor dungeon under Tristram, then making its way to the Diablo 2 acts, then 3, and then new content. So the game would be the ultimate story-and-lore-delivery service for everything Diablo.

I think that would be legit fucking amazing.

That said, I still want my Diablo 2 remaster.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I'm half expecting it to not be isometric and be a reboot of the series since Tom Chilton is seemingly the game director.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So in terms of Diablo lore (for whatever that's worth) how exactly is old D1/D2 Diablo supposed to be able to show up again? Did they manage to escape from the black soulstone and just reincarnate again? Basically making everything we did in D1-D3 completely pointless?

I wonder if instead this might be a reboot.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man i loved D3. Logging in, turning off the brain from work etc, play for whatever ammount of time i feel like and just go for some good old loot farming. Loved the feeling of a great weapon drop.

Bring me D4, not a D3 expansion. I want to see new ideas.
Same. I got back into it recently. Great time waster to relax and play

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I fully expect a mobile game and/or a WoW games-as-a-service clone. It's almost certainly not going to be the Diablo IV that I imagine most hope for.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
So in terms of Diablo lore (for whatever that's worth) how exactly is old D1/D2 Diablo supposed to be able to show up again? Did they manage to escape from the black soulstone and just reincarnate again? Basically making everything we did in D1-D3 completely pointless?

I wonder if instead this might be a reboot.

I feel like if they even give half of a shit about the lore and maintaining any consistency with where Diablo 3 left off then a reboot is the only way to go. Pretty much everything was undone, the evils are all loose again and the great war is presumably back on.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if D4 is a mixture of D3 and WoW design elements. Like having raids with a small team and daily quests. I'm also pretty sure they'll find a way to make money out of it beyond the initial software price. Probably not loot-boxes, but I wouldn't put purchasable timed MF-buffs past them. Dark times ahead.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Please announce a new game. A remake of D2 while we wait for the release would be icing on the cake.