• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I hear ya but how long does it take to do a VR article/review? Hell, there's people that would do it for free. They should reach out to the VR community and ask for the help then (if they can't find the time or it's not worth the effort for them). Just my 2 cents...

There's a reason working as a media reporter is a full time job ;) You can't just ask people you don't know to work for free if you are a website with any kind of notable traffic. Not only would you open yourself up to endless liabilities (it would be the Filip Miucin situation times a thousand), it would also be incredibly unethical to just ask random people to work for you for free.

What you are looking for already exists in the form of smaller channels and sites like PSVR Without Parole. But if we're talking about the bigger sites, that's just not an alternative.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
There's a reason working as a media reporter is a full time job ;) You can't just ask people you don't know to work for free if you are a website with any kind of notable traffic. Not only would you open yourself up to endless liabilities (it would be the Filip Miucin situation times a thousand), it would also be incredibly unethical to just ask random people to work for you for free.

What you are looking for already exists in the form of smaller channels and sites like PSVR Without Parole. But if we're talking about the bigger sites, that's just not an alternative.
Yea I check out the usual suspects (PSVR YouTubers and VR focused websites). It's just a funny situation because big outlets don't shine much of a light on VR so lots of people don't get any news <----> Lots of people don't get any info because big outlets don't shine a light on VR. Cest la vie...

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Completed it now and thought it was great. Would put it slightly below Astro Bot (I consider that a masterpiece) and on the same level as the likes of Superhot VR and Beat Saber. If I had to give it a score it would either be an 8 or 9, can't decide for sure, 8.5 then?

The game feels like a mixture of Goldeneye and Time Crisis / Virtua Cop so it appeals to me in many ways as I grew up with all those games.

The acting is as good as it gets, the actors/actresses are great. The story was good and interesting, there was more story than I thought (probably 60/40 in favour of action) but what was there was very enjoyable.

The set pieces are amazing and the last 3rd of the game incredible. The aiming is precise, just check out the time trials which are really fun to see just how accurate the aiming is (no online leaderboards but there is a "coming soon" section). The only cons really are because of the hardware / move controllers. Dual wield and reloading could get a bit awkward sometimes and I found it more fun to ditch dual wield some part into the game, it might be completely fine for other people. A PSVR 2 patch will do this game wonders with a higher res headset as well.

I don't expect this game to get the recognition it deserves for the soundtrack but I'll be surprised if it isn't one of the best of the year, it's so good.

Overall this is a great game, can't wait to see a sequel or whatever the team does next.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Completed it now and thought it was great. Would put it slightly below Astro Bot (I consider that a masterpiece) and on the same level as the likes of Superhot VR and Beat Saber. If I had to give it a score it would either be an 8 or 9, can't decide for sure, 8.5 then?

The game feels like a mixture of Goldeneye and Time Crisis / Virtua Cop so it appeals to me in many ways as I grew up with all those games.

The acting is as good as it gets, the actors/actresses are great. The story was good and interesting, there was more story than I thought (probably 60/40 in favour of action) but what was there was very enjoyable.

The set pieces are amazing and the last 3rd of the game incredible. The aiming is precise, just check out the time trials which are really fun to see just how accurate the aiming is (no online leaderboards but there is a "coming soon" section). The only cons really are because of the hardware / move controllers. Dual wield and reloading could get a bit awkward sometimes and I found it more fun to ditch dual wield some part into the game, it might be completely fine for other people. A PSVR 2 patch will do this game wonders with a higher res headset as well.

I don't expect this game to get the recognition it deserves for the soundtrack but I'll be surprised if it isn't one of the best of the year, it's so good.

Overall this is a great game, can't wait to see a sequel or whatever the team does next.

Sounds amazing :D

Thanks for the impression.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US

Thanks for this. Good write-up.

Thought I was getting it early but guess not. Nonetheless, this makes the wait until Tuesday tougher.

Almost there!

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA

Thank you for the impressions! Much appreciated!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I've been loving my Oculus Quest but I'd by lyin if I said I wasn't hyped for this, alongside Trover and Freddy's. Next Friday is gonna be a PSVR bonanza for my wallet xD

Seeing comparisons to Goldenye and classic light gun shooters from Zern is making me even more anxious to play it. It's an absolutely fantastic time for VR all around.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

Sounds awesome. The London Heist was my favorite part of PSVR Worlds, so if B&T is even half as well scripted and immersive, I can't wait to play it!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

this sounds like the highest accolade one can give a VR exclusive game as Astro Bot is the GOAT...

Now i am tempted :-d

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Im eager to read or hear impressions about the game being played with a DS4. Thats gonna make the difference on a day one purchase or not

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Thanks! Everything I have read is previewed with the moves and make me wonder if the DS4 controls arent all that good

They're actually pretty decent. I did a whole level that had a bit of everything (climbing, shooting, lock picking etc) and a couple of time trials using the DS4 and thought there were some things that I prefer on the DS4 compared to the Move. I.e. I prefer the reloading with a button press and holstering each gun with a button press. The button mappings are well done. Aiming feels fine, not as good as the Move set and a bit trickier to aim down sight but if you play it on Cinematic mode you'll have a good time I reckon (you get a laser sight in that mode compared to Normal difficulty).

They've also changed some mechanics when you use the DS4, you now get an aiming reticle for the grenades (another thing I prefer actually) and climbing is done in a way where you use both hands at once instead of one hand over the other, which does mean you kind of float if climbing something but it's definitely the best way they could have done it.

I'd be quite happy to do another replay using the DS4 and Cinematic mode, I think it would look more badass actually.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
They're actually pretty decent. I did a whole level that had a bit of everything (climbing, shooting, lock picking etc) and a couple of time trials using the DS4 and thought there were some things that I prefer on the DS4 compared to the Move. I.e. I prefer the reloading with a button press and holstering each gun with a button press. The button mappings are well done. Aiming feels fine, not as good as the Move set and a bit trickier to aim down sight but if you play it on Cinematic mode you'll have a good time I reckon (you get a laser sight in that mode compared to Normal difficulty).

They've also changed some mechanics when you use the DS4, you now get an aiming reticle for the grenades (another thing I prefer actually) and climbing is done in a way where you use both hands at once instead of one hand over the other, which does mean you kind of float if climbing something but it's definitely the best way they could have done it.

I'd be quite happy to do another replay using the DS4 and Cinematic mode, I think it would look more badass actually.

Thank you very much! Sounds great! Will be picking this up now.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
this is 2-3 hours more then i would expect, Now i'm interest !

It's a really good length, doesn't overstay its welcome but plenty of story and action to have some fun. It looks and feels like a proper AAA VR game. Plus there's time trials (not many, only 5 at the moment) which will have online leaderboards I think someone said and are perfect for showing off and letting your friends have a go. There's also a chapter select so you can get straight into the action chapters again for a replay. For ÂŁ30 I'm really happy with what I got.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Damn, sounds great :D