Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is repeater gun any good?

Is there another weapon similar later on like the cane?

hassler

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah I've followed most of those tips in earlier attempts. Still kept dying because of unfortunate missteps. I'll try to stack on thunder papers. And most importantly, be more patient.

Which weapons did you end up using against it btw. Ludwig's Holy Blade is my go to weapon. Wish I had the lightning mace but didn't find it yet. And debating if I should go find it first before going in for another attempt.
You definitely should go find Tonitrus (lightning mace) before killing Rom. Getting this item gonna be harder after killing her.

aligator

Jan 7, 2018
wait until you get into the building there and have to fight 3 wolverines at the same time while also avoiding the brain suckers that take insight.

Hint, the Wolves are bigger than the doorways in there...

Truer words couldn't be spoken. Honestly I think that portion of the game is the only non-boss part of the game I despised. Absolutely hated it. I practiced extensive save scumming in there, I would copy my save after every single enemy defeated, it was that bad. F that area. F it to hell. It gave me PTSD. I hate it. Hate it so much.

Oct 25, 2017
My hardest boss was
Ebrietas

Holy shit did she wreck my ass so many times lol. That charge attack and its hitboxes were overwhelming. I finally won by staying in front of her and continuing to bait her tentacle attack. I just weaved in and out with attacks and downed her

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just murdered Ludwig and Maria with the Whirligig and beast pellets. Well, I guess that settles it. It's better than the dorkhammer.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I will never not laugh at those gifs of Vicar Amelia and Orphan. I'd love to know where they're from.

Celestial+emissary+is+definitely+not+this+strong+_ce35cde104a49c3769b5ddfff0e38eef.gif

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah I've followed most of those tips in earlier attempts. Still kept dying because of unfortunate missteps. I'll try to stack on thunder papers. And most importantly, be more patient.

Which weapons did you end up using against it btw. Ludwig's Holy Blade is my go to weapon. Wish I had the lightning mace but didn't find it yet. And debating if I should go find it first before going in for another attempt.
I had the cane and just used it in it's normal mode. 2 hits for every spider was enough. I feel like with the spiders you should always go with the quicker mode i general.
Orphan of Kos. I'm so bad at him I can't even get past phase 1. And people say phase 1 is a cakewalk, while phase 2 nearly impossible. My god. Been playing offline, but now I have to get ps+ to get someone help me with him.
Yeah I beat him after 40 attempts but man was he a fuckign asshole. you need to be super agressive otherwise he just mauls you to death, especially in the second phase.
So tempted to start a new play through, the cane is one of the few weapons I literally never used.
I started with the saw cleaver and it ended up being my most used weapon because of its speed and power.
I also lost all my USB saves I made for most bosses, wanted to have the option to replay certain bosses whenever I wanted.
Do it man.
It's so good. Oh and if you do it, utilize the backstep heavy attack for corridors and such. I discovered that way too late.
This thing is so versatile and cool looking.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Why arent we blowing up Sony's Twitter aboit this again?

Most people just don't care or notice and I think Sony knows that.
I have a friend who only plays GTA5 and after he bought a PS4P he was raving about how much better the game ran and looked for weeks until I finally told him that the game does not actually have a pro patch and it's exactly the same as on his old PS4.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
So I picked up the game again and continued my previous play from Old Yarnham.

Really actually enjoying it this time, something has clicked in the last three years. It might have been that I just played Gow4 and somehow got bored by how nothing I did really meant anything.

I had a couple of questions.

1 - How do I get Twin Blood Shards? Seems I can't upgrade my axe without them

2 - Is continuously clicking R3 to focus the right way to be playing?

3 - Is the flow of a default enemy encounter to bait the enemy to attack, roll back to dodge, and do a quick or hard attack, depending on the enemy speed?

4 - For grinding levels, is the best way to just kill the enemies around the checkpoint, go to Hunter's Dream to reset enemies and power up, rinse and repeat?

RayFoxII

Oct 25, 2017
California

Really actually enjoying it this time, something has clicked in the last three years. It might have been that I just played Gow4 and somehow got bored by how nothing I did really meant anything.

3 - Is the flow of a default enemy encounter to bait the enemy to attack, roll back to dodge, and do a quick or hard attack, depending on the enemy speed?

4 - For grinding levels, is the best way to just kill the enemies around the checkpoint, go to Hunter's Dream to reset enemies and power up, rinse and repeat?

1. You'll get Twin Blood Shards a bit later into the game from the same types of places you find the normal blood shards (just in later areas)

2. If by continuously clicking R3 you mean once per enemy usually then yea. Some bosses are better left untargeted but for the most part you'll be using R3 to lock on.

3. Sort of, you should get more comfortable dodging into the enemy or left/right instead of backwards. You get i-frames when dodging so you should definitely try to take advantage of them. When you dodge into them or to the side of them it gives you more time to attack them, which makes fights shorter and overall less threatening.

4. You can if you want, but grinding levels in this game doesn't really help that much. The game is much more about learning the bosses and using strategy/skill to beat them. You may have to grind some potions out though if you're failing a lot to a boss and haven't been spending souls on them.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
1. You'll get Twin Blood Shards a bit later into the game from the same types of places you find the normal blood shards (just in later areas)

2. If by continuously clicking R3 you mean once per enemy usually then yea. Some bosses are better left untargeted but for the most part you'll be using R3 to lock on.

3. Sort of, you should get more comfortable dodging into the enemy or left/right instead of backwards. You get i-frames when dodging so you should definitely try to take advantage of them. When you dodge into them or to the side of them it gives you more time to attack them, which makes fights shorter and overall less threatening.

4. You can if you want, but grinding levels in this game doesn't really help that much. The game is much more about learning the bosses and using strategy/skill to beat them. You may have to grind some potions out though if you're failing a lot to a boss and haven't been spending souls on them.

Thanks, that is very helpful. I dedicate the next two weeks to finally push through BSB.

Leveling was sort of related to that, it's quite quick to gain a level and build down quickly - but I see what you mean, the HP increase is not very high.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

1.) In the later parts of the game Twin Blood Shards become the common drop from enemies. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

2.) Naw, it's better to just free camera most enemies honestly. The only time you want to use the lock on is in one on one fights and bosses. If you're fighting a hoard of enemies it's better to just use free camera.

3.) Depends on the enemy honestly. The mooks that are commonly walking around I just run up and spam r1 until they're dead, but enemies like hunters and bosses it's better to bait a attack, dodge, and get a few swipes in before the next attack. After messing with a enemy a few times you get a idea of what you can and cannot get away with. For example, the guys with rifles can hit really hard, but take a while to reload their weapon. If you run in a circle around them and after they fire, you can run up and stunlock them with attacks until they die. Just remember to watch your stamina and not get greedy with your attacks. Most people get killed by just wanting to get one more attack in.

4.) I usually find a path of the level that makes a loop back to the lamp and just warp in and out. For example, Central Yharnam has a gate near the lamp that can be opened as a shortcut. Just find a set path with a lot of easy enemies that give good echos and make your way up to that shortcut. Grinding is all about saving time, thankfully Soulsborne games are pretty good about shortcuts.

Hope that helps!

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get the DLC. I played Bloodborne when it was released and then sold the game in 2 weeks after I beat it. I miss the atmosphere...man I really want a Bloodborne 2.

How's the PVP?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I used to like to grind in this lecture room that was full of blobby things. I don't remember what any of it's called but I leveled up pretty quickly running that area over and over again.

nick shaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1.) In the later parts of the game Twin Blood Shards become the common drop from enemies. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

2.) Naw, it's better to just free camera most enemies honestly. The only time you want to use the lock on is in one on one fights and bosses. If you're fighting a hoard of enemies it's better to just use free camera.

3.) Depends on the enemy honestly. The mooks that are commonly walking around I just run up and spam r1 until they're dead, but enemies like hunters and bosses it's better to bait a attack, dodge, and get a few swipes in before the next attack. After messing with a enemy a few times you get a idea of what you can and cannot get away with. For example, the guys with rifles can hit really hard, but take a while to reload their weapon. If you run in a circle around them and after they fire, you can run up and stunlock them with attacks until they die. Just remember to watch your stamina and not get greedy with your attacks. Most people get killed by just wanting to get one more attack in.

4.) I usually find a path of the level that makes a loop back to the lamp and just warp in and out. For example, Central Yharnam has a gate near the lamp that can be opened as a shortcut. Just find a set path with a lot of easy enemies that give good echos and make your way up to that shortcut. Grinding is all about saving time, thankfully Soulsborne games are pretty good about shortcuts.

Hope that helps!
it is not better to use the free camera. you lose massive amounts of dodge distance and iframes if you arent locked on

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

1. If you have high item discovery rate, then later you'll eventually find yourself in a place called Hypogean Gaol. The enemies who look like Dementors carrying potato sack will drop either twin shards or single shard or bolt paper

2. Depends on the enemy. I generally find it easier to focus and attack but sometimes in multiple enemies in a tight space it may not be the best option. Furthermore, some bosses are better of without focus all the time and some of the time

3. Completely depends on your play style. Your idea is one of the safest ways but parrying/stunning and riposte/visceral is another very useful way to dispatching foes which gives you invincibility frames throughout the duration of the procedure.

4. No. At the higher levels it'd be less time consuming to buy Hunter's Mark and using them after every run. It'll reset you and the enemy to the lamp where you warped to from hunter's dream without having to go back. Couple of things to note: a) The final price of Hunter's Mark is 1200 Blood Echoes and b) The number of for your consumables like bullets and vials do not reset until you go back to Hunter's Dream.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Dead, due to how this game poorly handled it in that you can only invade in certain areas or if someone is cooping. But it's terrible anyway. It's basically spam incarnate.

Once the population pick up invasions will be more frequent hopefully.

As someone who actually really loves BB pvp/invasions and the ability to parry people from long range who are trying to heal, I can understand all the people who feel like its crap. How Souls games handle latency can make things feel really jank what with all the ghost hits that vibrate your controller but didnt actually connect, etc. BB being faster can make that feel worse.

But my god when you do manage to parry a healing host in the midst of being torn apart by his phantoms' weapons, and then dash up and visceral? Talk about most satisfying things in gaming.

here's a couple of vids of me invading around release(could really only get em in this area because the matchmaking was screwed). When you can get them invasions are insanely fun and tense.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK

Hope that helps!

1. If you have high item discovery rate, then later you'll eventually find yourself in a place called Hypogean Gaol. The enemies who look like Dementors carrying potato sack will drop either twin shards or single shard or bolt paper

2. Depends on the enemy. I generally find it easier to focus and attack but sometimes in multiple enemies in a tight space it may not be the best option. Furthermore, some bosses are better of without focus all the time and some of the time

3. Completely depends on your play style. Your idea is one of the safest ways but parrying/stunning and riposte/visceral is another very useful way to dispatching foes which gives you invincibility frames throughout the duration of the procedure.

4. No. At the higher levels it'd be less time consuming to buy Hunter's Mark and using them after every run. It'll reset you and the enemy to the lamp where you warped to from hunter's dream without having to go back. Couple of things to note: a) The final price of Hunter's Mark is 1200 Blood Echoes and b) The number of for your consumables like bullets and vials do not reset until you go back to Hunter's Dream.

Thanks both, that is helpul indeed! Many very helpful pointers.

Related to the last point, that would be Bold Hunter's Mark right, since regular one seems to eat your Blood Echoes, making it less useful for grinding...?

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, this game is so fucking beatiful and the trick weapons feel so good and are so cool. Gun parry is lovely too.
Really hoping all of this ends up in a spiritual sucessor.

Once the population pick up invasions will be more frequent hopefully.

As someone who actually really loves BB pvp/invasions and the ability to parry people from long range who are trying to heal, I can understand all the people who feel like its crap. How Souls games handle latency can make things feel really jank what with all the ghost hits that vibrate your controller but didnt actually connect, etc. BB being faster can make that feel worse.

But my god when you do manage to parry a healing host in the midst of being torn apart by his phantoms' weapons, and then dash up and visceral? Talk about most satisfying things in gaming.

here's a couple of vids of me invading around release(could really only get em in this area because the matchmaking was screwed). When you can get them invasions are insanely fun and tense.

Exactly, I love it, did it for hours in a CD and in tha corridor in Mergo's.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Thanks both, that is helpul indeed! Many very helpful pointers.

Related to last point, that would be Bold Hunter's Mark right, since regular one seems to eat your Blood Echoes, making it less useful for grinding...?

Yes, I forgot to add the "bold" part. I am not familiar with "regular one". And yes, individually the BHM cost 1200 but if you are grinding in an later area for rarer drops or high volume of blood echoes then that cost is easily offset by the amount of time you'll save from having to run back to the lamp, warp your way to hunter's dream, run back to the headstone and warp back to the destination lamp.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
The population is quite low so it's probably already happened

I now have the strangest feeling that I might have bumped into you, duelling at the Nightmare of Mensis on a Friday night!

I think I remember fighting someone with the name Sarah - but it was a long time ago now. My guy's name would have shown up as Malcolm, wearing the Hunter's Set with the Knight's Wig and Sunglasses. I would have invaded you as I had already killed the Bell Maiden. If it was you, I think you destroyed me every time!

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland

You need Bold Hunter's Mark though. You'll lose all Blood Echoes you carry with the regular one.

EDIT: Nevermind. Already noted.

hassler

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Playing online for the first time ever (never had ps+) to get help for Orphan of Kos. Two random people came to help me and I died first during the fight... god I'm so lame. Now again gotta wait 10 minutes for someone to help me.

Edit: nevermind, just beat him with some pro ;____; oh god, finally.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Someone hold me

76cc2fba-4ba8-48ea-bgpsks.jpeg

Thanks to the help here, a half a day of grinding and practice, and my wife looking up a tip on finding the
flamethrower
, I finally managed to overcome the wall I hit years ago, and the world opens anew. Smooth sailing here onwards, right?

I am so pumped right now

Last edited:

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting to compare trophy stats after the game hits Plus. Right now 31,7% killed last boss before finale, and 62,4% killed cleric beast (not mandatory, but technically first boss). 58,7% defeated first mandatory boss. 7,3% players got Platinum.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone hold me

Thanks to the help here, a half a day of grinding and practice, and my wife looking up a tip on finding the
flamethrower
, I finally managed to overcome the wall I hit years ago, amd the world opens anew. Smooth sailing here onwards, right?

I am so pumped right now

Flamethrower before the BSB?
Say what? I missed that... need to look it up when I get home. I am loving firepaper however.

It will be interesting to compare trophy stats after the game hits Plus. Right now 31,7% killed last boss before finale, and 62,4% killed cleric beast (not mandatory, but technically first boss). 58,7% defeated first mandatory boss. 7,3% players got Platinum.

Initially, they are going to plummet big time. I started playing again yesterday, and was having a blast. Defeated Blood Starved Beast with my buddy who knows this game inside and out. I feel it starting to click and I am really enjoying it even more than ever. I will buy the DLC once I finish the game!

Is it worth playing this game in beast mode on the PS4 Pro?

I heard it helps with load times (which are not as bad now on base PS4 compared to launch from what I read), and helps some with the frame pacing.

Last edited:

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Someone hold me

flamethrower
, I finally managed to overcome the wall I hit years ago, amd the world opens anew. Smooth sailing here onwards, right?

I am so pumped right now

Well done! Rest of it's easy - you won't believe your eyes...