Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I'm thinking of going a Skill/Bloodtinge build for my next playthrough. Any tips?

My favorite build in the game. I did even keel 50/50 SKL/BT and eventually rocked the Simon's Bowblade and Chikage with an Evelyn. Insanely satisfying.

You can also rock the Blade of Mercy or Rakuyo if you want more up front DPS.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, the game looks amazing as well as playing amazing. I took this photo of it on my 55" tv back in early January to see how my new backlight looked with the game. Loved playing it with the different colors.
ZroJam7.jpg

Looks sharp! What did you end up going with for the backlight? And does the LED range like the DS4? So you can get that a slate or a hair darker blue tinge, or are they only preset?

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
EDIT: Has anyone ever tried to get their player stats in three offensive categories (out of STR, SKL, BT and Arc) to level 50 on NG alone?

Chikage is truly worth it if you have high blood tinge level.

My stats are:
VIT - 53
END - 36
STR - 50
SKL- 50
BT - 31
ARC - 31

I guess is 31 okay or should it be higher? Or should I just go with the Rakuyo?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Looks sharp! What did you end up going with for the backlight? And does the LED range like the DS4? So you can get that a slate or a hair darker blue tinge, or are they only preset?

I ended up going with the Luminoodle on Amazon,
https://www.amazon.com/Luminoodle-Color-Bias-Lighting-Backlight/dp/B01LG99NXI?th=1&psc=1

You dont get to chose exactly the color you want, but there is enough presets on the strip that you really don't need one honestly. I had enough light blues, blues, dark blues, etc. to choose from for example. You also get preset light motions like strobe(why?), quick fade into next color, and slow fade into the next color. I keep mine on the slow fade to the next color cause I think it's cool to see all of them. The other cool thing about the strip is it's powered by USB, so if you use the USB on the tv, then the strip will power on and off with the tv. I have the Samsung KS8500 (curved one) 55" and with the large strip it was able to easily cover 3/4 of the tv near the edges. It wasn't long enough to cover the bottom side of the tv, but I got a sound bar covering that, so that didn't bother me. Super easy to install (pulling the big tv away from wall was harder lol) and it's cheaper then you'd imagine. Everyone seems to love it when seen as well. It does help with eye strain some as well, but I keep a side light on at night for dimness just in case (i get migraines from eye strain). Hope this helped explain it! It is really awesome!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm (kinda) looking forward to getting back into this.

I attempted it around two years ago and absolutely loved my first four or so hours with it, but that blood starved beast absolutely infuriated me, so much so that he made me rage quit.

It's going to be very strange going back on it, trying to get used to the controls again and what not, but I'd really like to try beat him this time. I'm pretty sure my save point is right outside his door. The only thing that irks me is having to grind enemies for blood vials and what not, and no doubt I'll have to top myself up for him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I attempted it around two years ago and absolutely loved my first four or so hours with it, but that blood starved beast absolutely infuriated me, so much so that he made me rage quit.

It's going to be very strange going back on it, trying to get used to the controls again and what not, but I'd really like to try beat him this time. I'm pretty sure my save point is right outside his door. The only thing that irks me is having to grind enemies for blood vials and what not, and no doubt I'll have to top myself up for him.
BSB is annoying for NG runs because if you don't beat him in the first or second try you've gotta grind for blood vials and antidotes. Blegh.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
I have played though BB many times and I have never done a Bloodtinge build and have been eager to try out the Bloodletter. How are ERA folks rocking the tinge build and weapons?

Simon bow blade on a level 60 character could roll with Ludwig ng++++ Co op

Just gotta remember the bow is tinge based and the blade is physical

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Which is more worthwhile to get to +10....Rakuyo or Chikage?

Depends where you got the most points. Skill? Rakuyo. Bloodtinge? Chikage.

How are ERA folks rocking the tinge build and weapons?

My main is Chikage, Bowblade and Evelyn off hand.

Chikage is risky due to the HP drain but has great payoffs. Going into and out of trick mode mid-combo means you lose little health but pump out great damage. Really fun and stylish playstyle, though a pain for bosses with small windows of opportunity.

Bowblade I'm not so handy with, but it's nice having an accurate ranged option with fairly decent damage. Curved sword move set isn't bad at all.

Last edited:

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I made the mistake of fighting Father G first instead of CB. IIRC you couldn't level until you beat a boss . He must've killed me 8 or 9 times but that struggle prepared me well for all that followed...until the DLC, at least.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play this tonight/tomorrow then proceed to delete it in a week due to how goddamn frustrating it will be, especially as my first Soulsborne experience ever.

jk I'll probably stick with it. I'm a Hotline Miami masochist after all.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be able to finally get my Platinum trophy! I had Bloodborne for a great period of time and I completed the dlc while also beating the game 4 times but I eventually sold it, re-bought it and sold it again. I look forward to completing the Chalice Dungeons this go round.

Oct 26, 2017
I made the mistake of fighting Father G first instead of CB. IIRC you couldn't level until you beat a boss . He must've killed me 8 or 9 times but that struggle prepared me well for all that followed...until the DLC, at least.

You can't level until you have Insight. So you either *see* a boss or crack a nice cool Madman's Knowledge.

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland

BSB is annoying but get Gascoine's coat and antidote for poison defence. Use firepaper. Lock onto him and just keep sidestepping around him. Don't follow him into the corners and don't stand in front of him when his health is low. Get summoned into other player's games for practice first so you don't lose anything. He's not that bad once you know how to move with him

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to playing this again. I put it aside not long after beating Vicar Amelia, really only because I got addicted to Rocket League, and didn't bother to go back. I will probably just start all over again since I will have forgotten a lot. Still going to use the Threaded Cane, as I did originally....because it's fucking awesome.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

Parry is your best friend against Blood Starved Beast. I tried the oil and fire paper and nothing. I tried the cocktail strategy and nothing. After an hour and a half I stopped and searched the Internet for any other help. Someone mentioned that BSB can be parried and I gave it a try, beat him in one try after learning it. I was so happy and angry at the same time lol.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK

Get the flamethrower and cheese him with always dodging left

Hardhat

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
I made it through NG+4, stopped half way through and have no idea what I did or where I'm supposed to go again. Probably the Forbidden Woods...

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Also, PSA FOR NEW PLAYERS: IT IS NOT TRUE THAT YOU NEED TO SEE/FIGHT A BOSS FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN LEVEL UP. WHAT MATTERS IS YOU NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE INSIGHT.

THERE ARE TWO MADMAN KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU CAN FIND BEFORE FIGHTING ANY OF THE FIRST TWO BOSSES. ONE IS IN BOTTOM AREA WITH A LOT OF SMOKE WHERE YOU CAN ALSO FIND FREE SAW SPEAR AND ACCESS TO EILEEN
(also make sure to talk to her before fighting Gascoigne)

THE OTHER IS IN BETWEEN THE CROWS NEARBY THE LITTLE GIRL'S HOUSE AND THE TROLL THAT FACES THE DOOR.

Oct 25, 2017

Parry/Vis wrecks BSB. Also, you'll notice that it lifts its arm up a bit for one of its attacks. If you dodge/roll straight forward underneath that spot, you'll never get hit.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

That's totally the Bloodborne Riposte sound effect at 1:09 right?

Technically it's the parry sound. Happens at 0:14 too. I'm actually watching a show on Netflix right now that plays a sound that always reminds me of it too during its opening sequence.

Just go to 1:23.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm a sword and boarder in Dark Souls, so the fact that Bloodborne doesn't have a similar setup is kinda making me nervous lol. Probably gonna need to practice a bunch.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sword and boarder in Dark Souls, so the fact that Bloodborne doesn't have a similar setup is kinda making me nervous lol. Probably gonna need to practice a bunch.

Don't be afraid to try something different. Parry/dodge is your only priority and use them as much as you can cuz they're very useful technique in BB. (Note: Parry may be difficult as fuck, but I'm pretty sure you will master it soon enough later on.)

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I honestly think Riposte is much, much, much easier to pull off than parrying. I can usually riposte reliably in Bloodborne but for the life of me I can't always seem to parry in Dark Souls 3, hahah.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Just start with the Hunter's Axe. It's about the closest to sword and board this game has.

I honestly think Riposte is much, much, much easier to pull off than parrying. I can usually riposte reliably in Bloodborne but for the life of me I can't always seem to parry in Dark Souls 3, hahah.

Grab a smaller shield or the cestus. I'm not sure either, but I think there might actually be a lot more normal enemies that you can't parry in Dark Souls 3 than any of the previous entries. I might just be thinking of all of the enemies you can't parry instead of all of those you can though.

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I'll start a new character too. Does anyone know if its viable to have the Chikage and Moonlight Greatsword? I usually have characters that specialize in one type of weapon

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about doing a build for mlgs since I never actually used it. What are the best gems? Nourishing or something else?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was afraid of this as well since that's my style in the DS games, but honestly- within an hour you'll get it. It's also INCREDIBLY satisfying to sprint forward at enemies in this and hit them before their attacks finish. You'll see. The fact that you're familiar with Souls will aid you very much.

I think of Bloodborne as a gothic Shinobi version of Souls and I fucking love it. Can't wait to play Nioh and Monster Hunter World for the first times next!

Agreed, and feel your pain as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I'll start a new character too. Does anyone know if its viable to have the Chikage and Moonlight Greatsword? I usually have characters that specialize in one type of weapon

What do you mean by "viable"? Provided you're leveling up enough, of course it's viable, hahah. Well they both focuses on entirely different stat (even for their non-powered up mode) so you need to invest quite a lot if you want to use both effectively.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
What do you mean by "viable"? Provided you're leveling up enough, of course it's viable, hahah. Well they both focuses on entirely different stat (even for their non-powered up mode) so you need to invest quite a lot if you want to use both effectively.
True haha. I'm pretty underpowered on my current playthrough so the chikage is pretty weak right now.

It'll probably be quicker to grind for levels once co-op is revived

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

Enemies in 3 are just harder to parry in general. Some of them have very little wind-up to their attacks or they're really delayed. It's annoying because parrying is fun, and they basically just want you to R1, backstab your way to victory.